Paul Merton motorhoming TV series (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but apparently Paul Merton and his wife have a 6-part motorhoming series on Channel 5, starting Friday (06/08/21) at 8pm.

They visit the Peak District, Brecon Beacons and the West Country. They begin their staycation touring in Kent.

'The six-part Channel 5 series sees Paul, 64, and his comedian wife Suki Webster, 56, hit the road for a motorhome staycation. Given that two million Brits are due to enjoy a caravan or motorhome holiday this year it’s timely, but on the very first night they had to call for help after getting stuck in the bathroom...'

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Channel 5, Friday 6th Augusr 8pm.

It is also on Channel 5 + 1 at 9pm.

Which is good because another new series starts on Channel 4 at 8pm, Epic Wales, Valleys, Mountains and Coasts.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I kind of want off Paul Merton after originally being a bit of a fan. I appreciated his knowledge of old comedians and filmography, but his appearances on HIGNFY have displayed an arrogance towards fellow participants/comedians, especially if they are getting more laughs than him ?
Now I reckon Paul MURTON would have made a good travel show about motorhoming ?

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Merton is a political ridicule comedien so this looks like an ideal platform to further air his political views; we'll see!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Does Paul Merton actually own a motorhome?
Or has Channel 5 just hired one for him in the hope that they end up with a programme of some interest?.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
No doubt they'll engineer some jeopardy, suspense & "drama" into the programme, rather than confine themselves to being factual, informative and interesting.
Indeed . Apparently in the first episode they get “ stuck in the bathroom and have to call to be rescued “

Really ?😴

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Program like this are entertainment and need to have stupid stuff in so it attracts viewers so companies will buy the advertising slots. If it was actually about motorhome how many do you think would actually watch it. It needs to earn a fair bit just to pay his wages for doing the show.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Does Paul Merton actually own a motorhome?
Or has Channel 5 just hired one for him in the hope that they end up with a programme of some interest?.
Bit like the Susan Calman series with her tiny motorhome 'Helen Mirren' in Susan Calman's Grand Day Out. The strapline for the series is: 'Susan Calman goes exploring in her vintage campervan'. Which more than implies it was her van, but I discovered afterwards that it was actually owned by the production company. That said, I did enjoy that series, and it was nice to see someone with a little van rather than a massive one for a change. So I am quite pleased to see that another series has been commissioned.

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
I'd sooner watch paint dry, I always think I'd rather get on with my own life than watch somebody else live theirs 😴
Precisely Richard & Ann. I ditched both house TVs when my Wife died,did'nt want the inclusion of other peoples actions & trauma's in front of my eyes.Trauma enough to loose a loved one of 45 years !! :censored: I don't even watch the two TVs in my Concorde .The world & Life goes on around us in real time .

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
No doubt they'll engineer some jeopardy, suspense & "drama" into the programme, rather than confine themselves to being factual, informative and interesting.
Apparently in episode one they 'hit a hedge with their wing mirror'!!!! :oops:

I've set my PVR to record it and will see what I think. The last 'motorhoming' series I set 'series record' for, I gave up on very early.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I kind of want off Paul Merton after originally being a bit of a fan. I appreciated his knowledge of old comedians and filmography, but his appearances on HIGNFY have displayed an arrogance towards fellow participants/comedians, especially if they are getting more laughs than him ?
Now I reckon Paul MURTON would have made a good travel show about motorhoming ?
I've noticed exactly the same on HIGNFY. He's not a happy chap when someone else is getting the laughs. BBC are too scared to get rid.

Give Alexander Armstrong the permanent host slot with Richard Osman taking over from Merton. Ian Hislop is brilliant.

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
When Paul Merton did a documentary about cruise liners, he summarised it up by saying..
...cruising is for the newly wed, over fed, and nearly dead....
..lets see what he make of motorhoming
Read a wee article in a supplement this morning, they enjoyed it apparently, brushing a hedge with a wing mirror was described as a driving mishap - guessing it wasn't filmed in the narrow hedgerows of Cornwall as there would have been many of those! - of which there were no more as the series went on. Series apparently features MH enthusiasts sharing their top tips, so a little like here :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back