One of my last postings..... (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Final update till I get back when !!!!!!

Had a long chat with the nurses that are looking after Judy and she is NOT co-operating one iota.
Will not even try eating food, does NOT co-operate with the physio people, wont answer her phone even though the nurses can hear it ring.. last time she just switched it off...

Daisy is going into some nice kennels Tuesday for !!!??? till I get back.... She has stayed there before and they really look after them, so I am not worried...
I had a fabulous offer from a funster to come and house sit Daisy, and the same people suggested coming to the hospital and taking her for a long walk while I visited...

But because Judy has just given up the will I have decided to go up and camp in my car for however long it takes to get her to see sense...
Next time I post it will be good news I HOPE.. 🤞🤞

Thanks from a very worried upset Old-Mo..
Don't be daft book an Airbnb for as long as you need

These are 4 nights next week https://www.booking.com/searchresul...heckin=2024-09-03&checkout=2024-09-07&sb_lp=1

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mo, if Daisy is being looked after, I’d seriously consider the hospital accommodation I suggested a couple of posts back. You could stay there as long as you wanted, and the stress levels would be so much less.

You need to take care of yourself, which doesn’t mean camping out in your car!!!

The offer of help from a Funster was absolutely fantastic, and you should have taken it up - support is there, but you have to accept it when it’s offered.

We really hope Judy starts to respond to treatment soon, and a visit from you will no doubt be a huge boost to her, but she has to see you looking as best you can, so no camping in the car, either get hospital accommodation or an airBnB.

Ticking off over - sending gentle hugs to you both xx

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
So sorry , mate , my thoughts will be with you on your hospital trip , glad Daisy in nice place must ease one of your worries , please look after yourself as best you can . let us know how things go , fingers & everthing crossed for some sort of good news . I might PM you when you get back .
A big hug for Judy
Terry

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Gobsmacked, heartbroken and feeling down....

My little drive to Oxford to see Judy on her birthday is not going to happen..

I was a bit rough Sunday with a bit of gut pain, Nurse came Monday afternoon and said I`m afraid that is what happens with cancer in your stomach, it may ease and may get worse, hard to tell...
It`s eased a little but not enough for me to drive to Oxford through tonight...

The little present I bought Judy will have to wait, but the card I bought, a kind neighbour posted it last night...

Judy is still not answering my calls nor her sisters, and is still not eating by mouth and not co-operating with the physio crowd..
Only consolation is her sister is travelling down by train from Durham today, we were supposed to meet up tonight...

Had to cancel Daisy`s kennel stay..... Just over £100 wasted, never know they may give it back...

That`s it for now..
Bye...

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
So sorry to hear your plans have been scuppered Mo.

Take care of yourself, and we really hope you’ll be well enough to visit Judy soon. Having her sister there will mean she’s not on her own, so that will be good.

Sending gentle hugs to you both xx

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It’s heartbreaking that given the circumstances , that there is not something that the medical community or care community could pull together for you and Judy to spend a small amount of time together.

It really saddens me.

Both you and Judy are in my thoughts Mo.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
This is a totally heartbreaking turn of events.

I really wish there was something we - your forum following - could do to help.

I hope you feel a bit better soon.

You could ask the kennel if they can shift the dates for your booking to when you feel better so you don’t lose your payment.

Hopefully you can get over to see her soon. It sounds as if she’s not too aware of her birthday anyway so she won’t be disappointed.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
I am so sorry to hear this and I hope a visit from her sister might help Judy. I agree with Phil D that there should be a way for the nurses to arrange for you to spend some time together. Have you asked them? Or if they could arrange accommodation in Oxford and you to hire a driver? Sending you every best wish. X

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Gobsmacked, heartbroken and feeling down....

My little drive to Oxford to see Judy on her birthday is not going to happen..

I was a bit rough Sunday with a bit of gut pain, Nurse came Monday afternoon and said I`m afraid that is what happens with cancer in your stomach, it may ease and may get worse, hard to tell...
It`s eased a little but not enough for me to drive to Oxford through tonight...

The little present I bought Judy will have to wait, but the card I bought, a kind neighbour posted it last night...

Judy is still not answering my calls nor her sisters, and is still not eating by mouth and not co-operating with the physio crowd..
Only consolation is her sister is travelling down by train from Durham today, we were supposed to meet up tonight...

Had to cancel Daisy`s kennel stay..... Just over £100 wasted, never know they may give it back...

That`s it for now..
Bye...
Sorry its all gone *its up for your trip. Can you get your sister in law to take you?Ask the kennels to defer the kennel costs for another time.
Its only money Mo. (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Good news, BUT Worried sick, hence this post at silly "O" clock in the morning...

They are evicting/Discharging Judy this Sunday (Tomorrow)...

They have got her to a happy limit/point for what she had done..... And have removed the drain from her left kidney = (Which is only working to 18%.) and happy with the operation removing the cancer from her right kidney, removed the catheter AND also taken out her nasal feeding tube...... WHY.... she is still NOT eating through her mouth...
With the aid of a sort of grab rail she can get out of bed and into a chair and can shuffle round with a Zimmer frame, but through muscle wastage she has little or no movement in her hands/fingers and other limbs...From laying in bed for nearly 8 weeks, with bed sores as well.. (Hence no calls and Not answering my calls for weeks..).... Pat Judy`s sister went down from Durham when she heard Judy would not have any visitors on her birthday,,,,, she is an angel all that way while waiting for knee replacements next week, she must of been in agony...

After last week-end and Monday - to Thursday my doctor and the palliative care people wanted me to go into the hospice.... How can I now ?

Oxford NHS has set up a regime with Dorset NHS for 3 visits a day... not sure what for.. Will I have to make her meals and force feed her ?....................... That is all I have been told regarding the situation...
Had I agreed to go into the hospice who would be here for Judy? other than the 3 nurse visits a day..

Has anybody else been in a similar situation how did you get on, how did you cope ???

Thanks and regards to you all.. :hugs: :*

PS..............She could not wait for me to get out of my bed....
Look at her face !!! She knows she has done wrong... (She has been a life saver for me. :h:

:giggler:

P1010248 (600 x 450).jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back