MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
If I'm only fitting solar panels and a controller I can do it myself lol . Did it on my frankia and my hymer.

It was a bit more complicated on the mobilvetta as I was changing all the electrics to lithium . Not doing that with the new van till I've used it a while and see how it goes. . I will probably fit a b2b this year and try to get that generator up and running.
You might soon realise that you are now a bit spoiled not having to worry about electrics with having lithium but as you say it is easily done when you feel like it, the genny wil not make you lots of extra friends but is a great tool when people park too close lol😆😆😆

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You might soon realise that you are now a bit spoiled not having to worry about electrics with having lithium but as you say it is easily done when you feel like it, the genny wil not make you lots of extra friends but is a great tool when people park too close lol😆😆😆
It’s great especially in winter when you’re parked alone and no more noisy than a lot of diesel heaters starting up. An extremely expensive quality bit of kit.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Would it not be possible to take the lithium out of Moby Tam?

We’ve just had another lithium battery fitted today.
We have the same generator and it’s not that noisy at all.

I love the new van. Plenty of space to put your travelling souvenirs in, I hope you’ve still got the bull horns to whack on the front bumper?!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Been on the road most of today….

Hasn’t Lenny HB got some good batteries for sale..? If not I will have the same batteries going cheap as well soon as I’m going lithium.

I have my scaffold tower to make the roof easy…
Sold it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes the dogs often have that effect too lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Would it not be possible to take the lithium out of Moby Tam?

We’ve just had another lithium battery fitted today.
We have the same generator and it’s not that noisy at all.

I love the new van. Plenty of space to put your travelling souvenirs in, I hope you’ve still got the bull horns to whack on the front bumper?!
I've only one wee 105ah lithium in this I reckon I'd need at least another one possibly 2 but I don't know what other stuff I'd need yet so I'll need to work it all out. I'm hoping mobys off grid capabilities will help me sell him without losing a lot

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got 'WFZ' on our car which is for 'Woofs' due to us having dogs, so that could be 'Dogz'.

They start at around £25 + transfer fees on Ebay as 'buy it now' although there are some auction ones too but I suspect they'll go for a lot more.

Just spotted this one ... what with all those 'tails' wagging around could be quite apt! :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It doesn’t need a plate , it’s got one it 😊

Anyway it’s another cost changing plates every time he changes vans

I’m sure this won’t be the last lol

Bare in mind tam talks about money as much as brits talk about the weather 😅
It's a well known fact there Kenny folk that talk about money the most are those who've no got any lol.

Ie me 🤣🤣🤣

My biggest problem is I inherited my mums attitude of over thinking and often worrying about stuff that hasn't and may never happen.

I was much more of a risk taker when I had a solid base and a fixed income.

Now I seem to worry about everything 😕. And I feel I'm very reliant these days on other people.

But you're right despite the intention of this being the last time I change vans for a long time no one knows the future and I can't guarantee it lol.

But I do know and I've felt it since buying it really that the one I have now definitely wouldn't have been the last one.
Can only say let's see what happens over time

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've got 'WFZ' on our car which is for 'Woofs' due to us having dogs, so that could be 'Dogz'.

They start at around £25 + transfer fees on Ebay as 'buy it now' although there are some auction ones too but I suspect they'll go for a lot more.

Just spotted this one ... what with all those 'tails' wagging around could be quite apt! :LOL:

Maybe when everything else is done and sorted but for now I don't mind

" p noah Dr done little "

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's a well known fact there Kenny folk that talk about money the most are those who've no got any lol.

Ie me 🤣🤣🤣

My biggest problem is I inherited my mums attitude of over thinking and often worrying about stuff that hasn't and may never happen.

I was much more of a risk taker when I had a solid base and a fixed income.

Now I seem to worry about everything 😕. And I feel I'm very reliant these days on other people.

But you're right despite the intention of this being the last time I change vans for a long time no one knows the future and I can't guarantee it lol.

But I do know and I've felt it since buying it really that the one I have now definitely wouldn't have been the last one.
Can only say let's see what happens over time
Tam, I have felt right from the start of this that you would buy this one, on paper it looks an absolute bargain and even if there is some stuff not working it's not a big deal as long as it's livable from the start it will keep you occupied putting it to your desire.
Good luck with it mate , bloody glad you didn't buy that green thing. (y) (y) (y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I have felt right from the start of this that you would buy this one, on paper it looks an absolute bargain and even if there is some stuff not working it's not a big deal as long as it's livable from the start it will keep you occupied putting it to your desire.
Good luck with it mate , bloody glad you didn't buy that green thing. (y) (y) (y)
I liked the look of the green one when I first saw it but it looked better on ebay than it did in person when ade and Al viewed it. I was disappointed though.

But this one is far better for sure I'm hoping that it works out alright , certainly things seem to have fallen in to place with it so who knows maybe it's a fate thing.

One thing is for sure the dogs will love the extra space and I'll love the better bed, shower and storage space.

Might get a camel in Morocco

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Tam, I have felt right from the start of this that you would buy this one, on paper it looks an absolute bargain, bloody glad you didn't buy that green thing. (y) (y) (y)

I’d have bought it and scrapped it myself just so Tam wouldn’t be so disappointed

It was bloody horrible 😱😱😱

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It says 410 twice here that's all I can see.
Screenshot_20240731-093641.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back