MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don’t know but I’ve seen loads of posts on FB recommending these panels. I believe that they’re domestic panels, and are large but many PVC owners are sticking two of those (transversely) on their vans.

Ian
Just had a quick Google and there are loads of these for sale although not quite as cheap as these ones.
Is this the start of cheap solar?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don’t know but I’ve seen loads of posts on FB recommending these panels. I believe that they’re domestic panels, and are large but many PVC owners are sticking two of those (transversely) on their vans.

Ian
Surely these things need
their own thread, I certainly didn't know of such things

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
It's a well known fact there Kenny folk that talk about money the most are those who've no got any lol.

Ie me 🤣🤣🤣

My biggest problem is I inherited my mums attitude of over thinking and often worrying about stuff that hasn't and may never happen.

I was much more of a risk taker when I had a solid base and a fixed income.

Now I seem to worry about everything 😕. And I feel I'm very reliant these days on other people.

But you're right despite the intention of this being the last time I change vans for a long time no one knows the future and I can't guarantee it lol.

But I do know and I've felt it since buying it really that the one I have now definitely wouldn't have been the last one.
Can only say let's see what happens over time

I think it’s natural for you to feel this way at the moment Tam, you’ve not long lost your mum, still grieving and her passing also turned your lifestyle upside down. Time will make it better, you’ll feel stronger in your choices and won’t overthink as much.

Another base and opportunity to tether for awhile and earn will present itself I’m sure.

As to accepting help from people…you don’t realise how much this thread gives to people..it’s the one thing I read everyday. I love following your travels, your pictures are amazing and I’m in love with the dogs. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.
So it’s just give and take darling…months travelling with you giving, a few weeks taking help from friends. Not so bad is it big lad?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Why is it that people are still charged fortunes for solar installations if prices have come down that much eh?🤷🏻‍♂️
Because they can.

Jackie told me yesterday she got quoted a ridiculous £450 to put a 100 watt panel and a cheap controller on her t6 . Doing it herself with a little help from me yesterday it cost her just over £100 in parts

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think it’s natural for you to feel this way at the moment Tam, you’ve not long lost your mum, still grieving and her passing also turned your lifestyle upside down. Time will make it better, you’ll feel stronger in your choices and won’t overthink as much.

Another base and opportunity to tether for awhile and earn will present itself I’m sure.

As to accepting help from people…you don’t realise how much this thread gives to people..it’s the one thing I read everyday. I love following your travels, your pictures are amazing and I’m in love with the dogs. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.
So it’s just give and take darling…months travelling with you giving, a few weeks taking help from friends. Not so bad is it big lad?
I know and I've been told from people in the past that folk won't offer help etc unless they really mean it ,...so I'm learning to take that on face value... but I don't like to take the piss or overstay my welcome so to speak. I'm a self confessed FLT but from councils, governments etc I don't like to do that with friends.
I'm someone who prefers to pay in kind and swap favours and assistance etc rather than pay in traditional way.... maybe I'm part Amish 🤣

Anyway as I've said I'm grateful for the friends I have on here both ones I've met and consider good friends and those I've not but are always helping out in other ways with advice etc . It makes life much easier.

Was lovely catching up with Jackie the last day or 2 we always have a laugh and the dogs love her . Blu also loved her it's strange you'd almost think she'd met her before too. But is a very doggy person and she let's them do as they please so that's probably a lot to do with it lol..

She went off this morning to do a weekly volunteering job she does with the national Trust so I left the gower about 10am and I'm back in hengoed now . Meeting Gareth about 1pm so I've got time to.have lunch and walk the dogs.

I will have to come back and visit a bit of Wales as I passed some lovely places , but jeeso the roads are bad and lots of little narrow lanes . And the dodgy speed limits lol.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Why is it that people are still charged fortunes for solar installations if prices have come down that much eh?🤷🏻‍♂️
Depends what that fortune resembles in money. I personally give multiple choices, and method of instalation can play a big part in cost. For example, IN roof install, just the hardware alone before the panel, cost more than the panels themselves. Switching to rail and hooks, can save £2k on a typical 4kwp 10 panels. Also access is a cost as well, a bungalow will not compare to 2 or 3 storey house, parking for the scafold lorry etc.
There is no free lunch.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I know and I've been told from people in the past that folk won't offer help etc unless they really mean it ,...so I'm learning to take that on face value... but I don't like to take the piss or overstay my welcome so to speak. I'm a self confessed FLT but from councils, governments etc I don't like to do that with friends.
I'm someone who prefers to pay in kind and swap favours and assistance etc rather than pay in traditional way.... maybe I'm part Amish 🤣

Anyway as I've said I'm grateful for the friends I have on here both ones I've met and consider good friends and those I've not but are always helping out in other ways with advice etc . It makes life much easier.

Was lovely catching up with Jackie the last day or 2 we always have a laugh and the dogs love her . Blu also loved her it's strange you'd almost think she'd met her before too. But is a very doggy person and she let's them do as they please so that's probably a lot to do with it lol..

She went off this morning to do a weekly volunteering job she does with the national Trust so I left the gower about 10am and I'm back in hengoed now . Meeting Gareth about 1pm so I've got time to.have lunch and walk the dogs.

I will have to come back and visit a bit of Wales as I passed some lovely places , but jeeso the roads are bad and lots of little narrow lanes . And the dodgy speed limits lol.
👍 definitely come back, we are 30 minutes away from the Gower. We look out over to the north Gower from Llanelli.

Glad you had a `Jackie catch up. I wonder if dogs have a telepathic thing sometimes. Blu kinda knowing she was part of the family?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A few photies

This is Jackie's wee runaround, a 1980/81 suzuki Street magic mini motorbike it's a bit like the grom but a classic I love it .
20240730_104206_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240730_104215_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Her new van , very spacious and she's got a big garage under the bed that she can fit her other wee bike in .
20240730_104450_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240730_142752_copy_1612x1209.jpg

I got my fish supper last night it was huge and lovely but crazy price . £27.80 for 2 cod and chips 😱
20240730_194830_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240730_194859_copy_1209x1612.jpg

But enough for the dogs to have some too

Waiting on Jackie coming out lol .
20240731_083916_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Blu managed to disrupt a wraps nest in Jackie's garden yesterday she got stung about 3 times and had us all running in the house for cover as they all swarmed to attack us .. poor girl got a right fright .

Never seen an orse in a pub before lol.
20240731_113500_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
will have to come back and visit a bit of Wales as I passed some lovely places , but jeeso the roads are bad and lots of little narrow lanes . And the dodgy speed limits lol.
The Gower is lovely Tam and it does have some tricky narrow roads.
If you liked what you saw you should go further west,
Pembrey, freshwater east and West, Boscherton, Broadhaven, Marloes, Solva, St David’s, just to name a small selection.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Depends what that fortune resembles in money. I personally give multiple choices, and method of instalation can play a big part in cost. For example, IN roof install, just the hardware alone before the panel, cost more than the panels themselves. Switching to rail and hooks, can save £2k on a typical 4kwp 10 panels. Also access is a cost as well, a bungalow will not compare to 2 or 3 storey house, parking for the scafold lorry etc.
There is no free lunch.
I think we were talking about motorhomes.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

If you are really hungry one day go to the Owls nest in Llandovery, voted best biker cafe in Britain and the food is amazing, his burgers are legendary, both in quality and in size, ditto with cakes👍

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Surely these things need
their own thread, I certainly didn't know of such things
They’re probably not that well known on here because there aren’t many motorhomes that will have the roof space for them but, as I said previously, they’re popular with the self-build PVC community as they can fit two transversely on the roof.

It is a great price but the market is for domestic installations not for motorhomes (due to the size of them).

Ian

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Afternoon glad to see everything seems to be going well for you all hope Blu is ok after her shock, and that Jackie gets the nest sorted if she needs to.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
📣 Thread Hijack Alert🚨
Never mind them fish suppers Tam I'm sitting here on the banks of The Danube hoping to catch my first Huchen! (There's one for you Just smiffy lol )
I know Tam & uncle Lenny love the fish themed posts! :rofl:
20240731_151226.jpg
20240731_151200.jpg

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
They all got washed away a few weeks back Paul. Lots of floods around there but looking at pics youd never tell. Keep it sunny will you, 5 weeks out and its killing me
34° today here 🥵

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back