MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (9 Viewers)

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy So Excited GIF by Best Friends Animal Society
Pointing At You Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Bon Voyage Goodbye GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
He was talking about Wednesday but not sure if he will make it, Ferry is Friday morning I think.

I was just having images of him stopping on your drive, he would need crampons to walk in the van on your drive, not saying it's steep. :rofl:
Lol yes I would have offered a stopover too if we had somewhere suitable. Should be getting a days work in tomorrow after missing the last two with this dreadful weather 😭

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
A ha. I've found you. What a sorry tale. Hope everythings OK from here on.
My sisters and I lurk on Facebook to see what the people who brought our family home have done to it . And that 25 years later. It looks the same from the outside (except for a different colour door) and that gives me comfort and nice feelings.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I was saying the other day to Coastal Cruiser. i think..🤔 about the nationals just want to do the same jobs day in day out, anything that’s going to tax their untrained brains and they don’t want to know… I do local independent on everything I can, so much more helpful…
I has the same problem when I needed an auto electrician, the problem was they were the locals and just wanted easy jobs.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Pal in the pub Friday night said his car wouldn't start that morning, he was taking his wife for chemo, so got his neighbour to jump start him.
I said "Last night was the first hard frost of the year, your battery will be past it"
He said he called in at Halfords on the way home to get them to check it. The Halford's lad said, as he clipped on his battery tester "It might not be the battery that's making it hard to start, you might just need new spark plugs ?"
Good luck changing the spark plugs on a diesel Kuga !
They told him he needed a new alternator, but he declined as he'd just had one fitted last year. Booked it into his usual garage this morning and they said the battery was goosed, all sorted now.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Well jealous! Counting down the 7 weeks until we leave as the weather is so rubbish and it's 2 years since we did a winter trip. Shame we're heading in opposite direction. I keep thinking we must bump into you at some point on our travels.
Helen Ariel I don’t want to hijack Tam’s thread, but where are you going for your winter trip and will you be posting on here? I so enjoyed your travels with Beech last time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
But it's up north, I spent a year and a half living up north in the 70's, that was enough. :rofl:
North … Cheadle down south in Englandshire … 😂

I was at Uni in England several decades ago and a friend from Crawley had NO idea of UK geography. Managed to convince her we had no electricity and took bath in tub, once we’d heated water on fire … lost contact with her but doubt she’s been north of Watford yet …

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
No , that was Lyme Park, at least the lake and external shots.

Think Chatsworth was the internal shots, as Lyme is much older on the inside than the exterior.
Ok, it was Matthew Macfadyen then! 🤣 in the BBC adaptation.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was at Uni in England several decades ago and a friend from Crawley had NO idea of UK geography. Managed to convince her we had no electricity and took bath in tub, once we’d heated water on fire … lost contact with her but doubt she’s been north of Watford yet …
But you were telling the truth. :rofl:

Watford, that's the far north, even Crawley is north to me. :LOL:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Tam

What is your proposed route? Are you going overland through the Balkans? If so East or West?

Are under or over 3.5t?

If East, maybe a route through Germany and then Poland, not too expensive on tolls, the Slowakia (€15 even for >3.5t).

If so we have a big yard just off A4 in Katowice with EHU, water, dump for grey and black. So you would be welcome - just do not arrive with electrical problems.:LOL:

Geoff

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
He just replaced the valve with the Same type as before. None of mine have steel valves on this .

To be honest though he was the only garage out of 5 I went to that would even have a look. More on that later as I'll be leaving appropriate reviews for Halford, quick fit, national tyres and the other garage I can't remember name of right now who all turned me away without even looking at it . Barstewards
Tam, unlikely I know, but if you want steel valves to take with you for peace of mind I am 20 minutes off the M6 after you've been to Chasers - come off at J13 of the M6, then 15 minutes or so down the M54. I've plenty of valves in stock but I don't fit them!

Standard rubber valves, even the best ones, are only rated at 65psi. Shocking how many tyre places are ignorant of this.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good grief I leave the thread for a couple of hours and when I return I'm lost lol. I'd have to trawl back 2 pages to reply to some comments and would be here all night lol. But I did read them.

Had a lovely dinner with Charlie and Julie and I've borrowed his WiFi so I can update etc . Just back in van giving dogs there dinner and tidying up as the vans like a bombsite today with muddy boots ,leads and towels.

So anyway

We had a nice woodland walk this morning before leaving Scorton, wet and muddy but it's a nice spot for an overnight, it was very quiet and peaceful, only dog walkers around this morning.
20231114_095259.jpg
20231114_095406.jpg
20231114_095629.jpg
20231114_095837.jpg
20231114_095845.jpg
20231114_100055.jpg
20231114_100533.jpg

We then headed off , I had programmed in the stop by the lake at redsmere for lunch , so I was reliant on the satnav getting me there , it took me off the m6 on to the Manchester ring road at somepoint and no sooner had that happened than my fuel light came on. Guage still showing a quarter tank but having no idea exactly how much is in reserve on this van I was kinda sitting it when every exit off the ring road stated it was a low emmision zone and there appeared to be no services on the ring road after around 20 miles I had no choice but to exit in search of a petrol station ... found the Morrissons in Cheadle and filled up there. It was when I was leaving the petrol station I felt the van pulling to the right and had to pull in to a tesco express carpark and I found this
20231114_115500.jpg

I managed to get my mini compressor to get it up to about 30psi and limp along the road to national tyres , he claimed he was too busy to look at it and I'd have to leave it with him till around 4.30 , baring in mind it was around 12pm at this point that wasn't happening, so I walked next door to kwik fit who's first excuse was they didn't do motorhomes. After saying it was just a van tyre with a puncture they spouted some nonsense about tyron bands , I told them it didn't have them, the girl states " most of them do" then another guy pipes up they don't have torque settings etc ... I told him no problem I'd torque the wheels myself just fix the tyre , he said he couldn't kwik fit policy , insurance liability and a load if other horseshit, so I went round the corner to another tyre place. They said it wouldn't fit on the ramp , can't do it outside tar not strong enough blah blah blah . He put a bit air in the tyre for me 40psi and that was the best he could do . So I drove to Stockport tyres and that guy removed the tyre checked it found valve leaking so fitted a new one and refitted it. Not sure he's put right pressure in but Charlie has a compressor here so I can check the pressures tomorrow. I then carried on to the wee lake for lunch. Couldn't have stayed there though the ducks etc would have driven the dogs nuts. But its a nice wee place for a stop

20231114_141626.jpg
20231114_141652.jpg
20231114_141716.jpg
20231114_141722.jpg
20231114_141749.jpg
20231114_141814.jpg

Got to Charlie's around 4pm. Had a wee wander with the dogs around the village before it got dark and a wee look at some of Charlie's collection of tractors .... its like a treasure trove of machinery here lol . Will get a better look tomorrow before I leave.

I'm still 4 hours drive from uncle lennys and want to get down there by tomorrow evening.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020

Helen Ariel I don’t want to hijack Tam’s thread, but where are you going for your winter trip and will you be posting on here? I so enjoyed your travels with Beech last time.

Hi KiwiKampers , we leave on December the 31st for 2 months travelling through France & Spain en route to Morocco!
We’ll be starting our own thread then.

Hijack over Northernraider !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back