LV Insurance no longer insuring Fiat motorhomes?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
Hi,
I’ve just got off the phone to LV where I attempted to get a quote for a new Fiat Ducato based motorhome we should be collecting later this month.
I have a multi car insurance policy with them already and had a previous Fiat Ducato based motorhome insured on the policy earlier this year.
The lady I spoke to asked all the expected questions then advised that they wouldn’t be able to insure it as their underwriting rules had changed in July.
Anyone heard anything about this?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Do you know if it’s just new Fiats MH’s or existing Fiats already with LV?
My insurance is not due until December good to know beforehand

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Swamp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
Do you know if it’s just new Fiats MH’s or existing Fiats already with LV?
My insurance is not due until December good to know beforehand
Don’t know. The lady I was talking to said they were still covering some motorhomes just not the one I wanted to insure! Couldn’t get any details of why.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don’t know. The lady I was talking to said they were still covering some motorhomes just not the one I wanted to insure! Couldn’t get any details of why.
Do you keep it at home or in a remote storage location?

Don't think they insure the later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Just insured our Ford based moho and they said LV are now owned by Allianz. Wonder what they have got against ceratin makes of moho?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
They won't insure a motorhome if stored in a compound even if it is CASSOA Gold site!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Swamp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
I’m not sure what has changed.
I had a Fiat Ducato based Motorhome insured with them earlier this year. Stored on the drive, not in a compound.
The new van I tried to get a quote for is effectively identical in terms of the answers to the questions they ask. Same year of manufacture, similar value, same annual mileage, stored in the same location, same drivers, no new penalties or convictions.
The lady said that their underwriting rules had changed since the start of July. She didn’t know why they couldn’t give me a quote on the new van but thought that was probably the reason.
Disappointing as I hadn’t thought insurance would be an issue. Time to start looking at alternative insurance providers….

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Just had my renewal notice through from LV. Multicar which includes my 2022 Fiat based motorhome, I've just turned 70.
So they do still insure Fiat based motorhomes, maybe just existing customers ?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
They won't insure a motorhome if stored in a compound even if it is CASSOA Gold site!
Were you actually told this by LV? We have had our MoHo insured with LV for the last 3 years and it has always been in storage. They have always seemed less interested in whether or not in storage, but always interested in the Postcode locality.

Upvote 1
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Were you actually told this by LV? We have had our MoHo insured with LV for the last 3 years and it has always been in storage. They have always seemed less interested in whether or not in storage, but always interested in the Postcode locality.
Ditto.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
A number of Funsters have recently reported this maybe including bigtree and Fdhadi .

ps and me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Millcourt, I tried to get a quote yesterday and all was well until was asked about where it was stored. It is in a CASSoA gold site and that was it - we can't cover you! Decided to stick with C&MH, Devitts £303 for a 9 year old A Class - hardly went up from last year. I might have to look at an independent breakdown service if we have to move away from Nationwide due to their new medical insurance policy.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Weird when they will insure on sitting on the road outside your house. Well they did last year, no longer have my little van.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
since 1996
Carole Nash arent insuring motorhomes either.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Reinsured my 2017 Fiat Hymer this year with LV (again) (80 this year) parked on drive.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720
Exp
I’m a Newbie
I am in the process of purchasing a Peugeot based Autosleeper & as I have 2 cars insured with LV with the policy expiring on 1st November they have quoted me for the Campervan but unsure if they will insure when the renewal is due , however they may make exceptions for current customers?.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 640 SLB on ord
We’ve had our new Adria Compact on a Ducato chassis for exactly 16 days and insured it with LV on the day we collected it, no problems at all and it will also be in storage, all they were interested in was that it was in a gated compound and was it secure - I told them it’s on a farm with an electric gate with a fob and after 8pm you have to get farmer Giles to unlock the gate for you if you want access.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Daffy64 the plot thickens! Maybe it was because we have an A Class but as soon as I mentioned where it was stored the shutters came down! Maybe I'll try again tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Scudo Nu Ventur
Exp
16yrs
I just changed from LV, not because (as you say) but because they tried to treat me as a cash cow with their quote for another year cover - I went with AA

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
The conversation ended with LV as soon as I said it was kept in storage, this was back in May.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Swamp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
I took out cover about 3 weeks ago as a new customer with LV, (policy starts this Friday) for a Fiat Ducato based Autotrail panel van conversion. No problem, and significantly cheaper than a number of other quotes.
That’s interesting thanks.
I’m guessing that was before the start of July. The lady I spoke to said their underwriting rules changed at the start of this month…

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back