Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
An appeal !!!!

my little outside space, although is looking ok, lacks a few bits! I am looking for pots,, pots, pots,, pots,, pots!! Plastic, ceramic all sorts of shapes and sizes,, at very cheap or at no cost to me whatsoever!

I need pots of pots!! Oh and if they have the odd plant in them, I won’t complain!!!

thanking you in anticipation of the flood of offers!! Xxxx

when we can move about again. Go to the local recycle centre and get old pots, watering cans, baskets, old boots etc something different. (y)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
HI Ian nice to your your good I used that sand yesterday thet was left over from the wall god knows how long ago, Ive now started smashing up the concrete beside garage and planning out the garage extension. going to come out the side a bit and forward a bit, timber frame and clad it is the plan.

here some pics of the little project i used sand on.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_125601.jpg
    IMG_20200407_125601.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Afternoon,,,

I went out and did a couple of hours work for a funster this morning,, they and I were appreciative, him of the job, me for the money!!
On the way home though I had a moment of madness,, popped into Aldi and had a look, ended up buying a case of corona,1lemon and 1 lime,, so tonight I’m going to have a few beers in my little garden, in front of my little firepit! It will be the first drink of alcohol I’ve had in over 18 months!!!
I’m looking forward to it!! And I havnt got to get up anymore, early I mean, so if I get ratfaced,, who cares!!!!

I also thought I would do a good thing ,,,

tgere are ,in the flats and houses around me, 8 kids,, so I bought them each an Easter egg,, and I shall put them on their doorsteps and knock and hide! There all been so good, staying in and not grizzling, a bit of a treat don’t hurt,,, and I got an extra special one for little maisy, who made me a birthday card!!! Lol. I think I do that on Sunday don’t I ?? You don’t give eggs tomorrow do you???

anyway, I hope your ok, and enjoying the sunshine!! Xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I think
I was always led to believe that good Friday we have hot cross buns to signify Jesus going on the cross and Easter Sunday we celebrate his resurrection with Easter eggs, which represents new life. If I am wrong I don’t care, that’s what I was brought up to believe and I am sticking with it.???

I think you’re right .. Friday day 1 ... Sunday day 3. My kids will be pleased ... they get their eggs a day earlier now thanks to you!

Qazary

Free Member
Oct 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
5 years
Sorry to bore people with this but ......
The Jews measured a day from sunset to sunset. Jesus died just before sunset on the day before the sabbath. He was supposed to be buried for 3 days and 3 nights to fit in with the story of Noah in the belly of the whale.
Early on the Sunday women went to the tomb ( the gospels don't agree on the number) and discovered it empty. So Jesus had already risen, which must have been on Saturday. If he died in the dying hours of Friday, he could only have been dead for 1 day.
Scholars point out that the sabbath mentioned was probably not a normal sabbath but a 'high' day during the Pssover festival. The 3 days and nights thing still doesn't work, but we can be fairly sure he didn't die on a Friday or indeed rise on a Sunday. Its tradition. The usual comeback is to say "Don't ask awkward questions !"

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we were on a club rally one easter and had a part in setting up for the Sunday morning egg hunt. About midnight we snuck around the field hiding eggs under all the vans with kids in. My mate got a shock as he was placing one lot as the window blind shot up and the mother, who was starkers, was looking to see what the noise was. Did I mention we were a bit drunk? so rather clumsy. My mate showed her an easter egg, the woman smiled, waved and closed the blind

My mate was always keen to be on the egg hiding party after that for some reason

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sorry to bore people with this but ......
The Jews measured a day from sunset to sunset. Jesus died just before sunset on the day before the sabbath. He was supposed to be buried for 3 days and 3 nights to fit in with the story of Noah in the belly of the whale.
Early on the Sunday women went to the tomb ( the gospels don't agree on the number) and discovered it empty. So Jesus had already risen, which must have been on Saturday. If he died in the dying hours of Friday, he could only have been dead for 1 day.
Scholars point out that the sabbath mentioned was probably not a normal sabbath but a 'high' day during the Pssover festival. The 3 days and nights thing still doesn't work, but we can be fairly sure he didn't die on a Friday or indeed rise on a Sunday. Its tradition. The usual comeback is to say "Don't ask awkward questions !"
I would then ask why the date varies depending on the phases of the moon!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I can’t quite believe what one just seen, or am looking at!
I’m sitting in the van outside a chemist, my mates car would not start, so we’ve come for his mums prescription,,, anyway,,,,

there’s three old geezers who look a right mess in the queue,, there actually sharing roll ups,, passing half smoked fags between themselves,, not drugs, ordinary roll ups,, ones rolling, then smoking then passing them back and forth! Some people!!74C117AD-1026-4D73-AFE4-D473D9E5EE09.jpeg

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I can’t quite believe what one just seen, or am looking at!
I’m sitting in the van outside a chemist, my mates car would not start, so we’ve come for his mums prescription,,, anyway,,,,

there’s three old geezers who look a right mess in the queue,, there actually sharing roll ups,, passing half smoked fags between themselves,, not drugs, ordinary roll ups,, ones rolling, then smoking then passing them back and forth! Some people!!View attachment 378506
Natural selection ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Are you in the car with your mate?
I was in the van,,, he was masked and gloves up, and there’s a good space between us,, and I have put a Clear rigid plastic sheet in the cab , dividing me off from the passenger!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok, good evening,,,,

well it’s been a shocking few days here,, neighbor upstairs, den has been really ill,, I’ve been cooking him food, and he managed a bit of a roast today, I leave it outside his door and knock and run! Lol but I think he’s turning the corner, he managed to eat most of it today! So fingers crossed!!

right, a customer rang me Saturday, morning saying he has managed to get all the materials for his garden wall,, so I’m going to work on Thursday, after wed delivery,, I shall work right through till I finish, it will be great to be out in the fresh air,, SD In place, of course!!

I have also had a call from the builder I do a bit for, and I told him that I wasn’t prepared to work for him on a daywork basis! So I gave him a price for the extension, per thousand bricks, per mtre blockwork, and he accepted it!

I’m looking for a good year this year now,,, I honestly believe that there could be lots of work available!! I shall tell you why,,,,

I think that people are going to want to be closer to their families, so I think extensions and granny annexes may be plentiful! I hope so anyway,, we shall see!! I’ve got nothing now to loose by going for it,, I have probably about 6/8 good years of manual labour in me,, I could do well !!

right thatsabout it,, I shall keep updating,, and taking pics as I go,, I hooe you and yours are all well,, stay safe! Xxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back