Lenny's Modding the new Mini Gin Palace (61 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Table - if you keep the original table base framework you can put a smaller top on it which is what I did and as you're both 'svelt' you shouldn't have any issues getting by. Other than that it's be a case of either removing the base and putting in a new one or trying to cut down the table top framework itself to make it smaller but that would be a bit drastic (I did do it on a previous PVC but it's a pig of a job).

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Loving the new van .It even has a cheese board on the toilet .
200.gif
your
200.gif

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One of our few luxuries in old age is new Motorhomes, only ever had new ones, can't bare the thought of buying a used one.
Seriously I wouldn't want a van that I hadn't built myself , had a built one once , just couldn't seem to warm to it, always worrying about scratching or damageing it , darnt screw anything to the walls or add anything, no never again, love the old ambulance, and won't be having another van.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I did similar with the cab door - the mat now has some serious velcro behind it!
First mod was the step well mat as I found out the hard way nothing holds it in place, first time in the van at the dealers as I got out I went flying out the door, flipping dangerous.

A length of unequal channel alloy sorted that, unequal channel as then I could fit it using the original screws for the foot well.

View attachment 920907

Last edited:
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Can we add Compactline Mods and Upgrade requests ?

If so I'd like a full tutorial on headlight upgrades please ... šŸ˜€ (y)

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Nice van Lenny. Been looking forward to seeing it almost as much as you have, since you placed your order way way back, especially after being messed around with your previous order.

I'm sure you'll soon gets used to having the steering wheel on the correct side.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
We have same table which we really love but it's a bit big, would like to get it cut down a bit but want to keep the nice trim round it.
Took our large Burstner table out bought a much smaller top from Clearview and an adjustable folding leg from flea bay. Much better and big enough for the two of us. Keeping the original for sale time.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Dawn, I was talking about you this morning. Complaining actually. I had my shingles jab yesterday and it gave rise to some very bizarre dreams involving you. You kept knocking on our home front door and insisting that I come out walking with you in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. I went as well. It was one of those where Iā€™d wake up and then go back into the same dream! We didnā€™t achieve anything but we seemed in a rush.Please donā€™t do it tonight as Iā€™m worn out.

Great looking van Lenny. Enjoying reading about your modifications. It must have been very frustrating not being able to get started.

How weird is that Carolyn?! I can see the connection to me and shingles but certainly not insisting on a rushed walk in the rain!

Fingers crossed for a peaceful one tonight.
As an aside cliffanger Ger felt rough after her shingles vaccine and regretted the Ā£460 cost..

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If you are meaning me , I am not criticiseing anything just saying what I think about it, and I also hope he likes his many trips away in his new van.
But as for being jealous nothing would be farther from the truth, I wouldn't beg a new van.

No not you directly chaser, reading through the thread it just felt like some negativity going Lennys way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
How weird is that Carolyn?! I can see the connection to me and shingles but certainly not insisting on a rushed walk in the rain!

Fingers crossed for a peaceful one tonight.
As an aside cliffanger Ger felt rough after her shingles vaccine and regretted the Ā£460 cost..
Most bizarre. At least mine was free as Iā€™ve just hit 65. Nick has to wait until 70 unless they have enough time plus supplies to do a catch up.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
Good luck with the new van Lenny and hopefully you wonā€™t pick up any of them nasty habits other Carthargo owners suffer fromšŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Oh yes sorry to say my biscuit and refreshment rations are pro rata to van size so you might have dipped out now if we meet upšŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢sozā€¦ā€¦.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back