Lenny's Modding the new Mini Gin Palace (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
What the heck are you two drinking to make them go yellow? :eek:

Never had a yellow one in all the years we've been MHing. šŸ™ƒ
Older mostly caravan ones were affected by uv light, add the chemicals that people used unnecessarily and you got yellowing.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
The bars are Fiamma bought them from an eBay supplied Ā£115 for two, persuaded my mate he needed one, the eye hooks they come with are very good.

The carpet is Gel backed from Online Carpets the cheapest type I've used is in a lot of vans very good.
Thanks LennyšŸ‘

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Lenny HB Electrics looking good, each to their own with van size though, I'm pleased that you re happy with it but I struggle with the circular seating in the smaller Cathargos because I can never seem to sit straight.

I'm interested to know what cable size you used from Battery to Multiplus? Ours has 95mm welding cable for an 1800w inverter running about 1.5m, which I could easily reduce to 1m, seems a bit over the top for the job and I would like to tidy it up a bit.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Donā€™t think so. More likely rubbish southern beer. Would never get this problem in Yorkshire with John Smiths. :ROFLMAO:
Oh heā€™s had a John smiths yesterdayšŸ˜ and apparantly he was still drunk at 1.00 this morning!!
Good stuff this John smiths, ask Howard H šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Lenny HB Electrics looking good, each to their own with van size though, I'm pleased that you re happy with it but I struggle with the circular seating in the smaller Cathargos because I can never seem to sit straight.

I'm interested to know what cable size you used from Battery to Multiplus? Ours has 95mm welding cable for an 1800w inverter running about 1.5m, which I could easily reduce to 1m, seems a bit over the top for the job and I would like to tidy it up a bit.
At 1m run that cable will give a nice small voltage drop (0.5% ish) Personally I would stick with it rather than increase inefficiency, but even 25mmĀ² will only give 2% ish. Leaving the run at 1.5m will give 2.7% (25mmĀ²) or 1.5% (95mmĀ²). all well within the 3% general rule.

Our Multiplus 3000 (2600w) is on a 1.5m run with 95mmĀ² Oceanflex cables and seems happy enough, charging at 100amps you can feel warmth in the cables after a while, never checked when running the inverter hard, but will be hotter still!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's a bit m OTT I used 70mmĀ² cable run is 4m.
Even with 35mmĀ² you would only have a 2% volt drop at max power.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

Have a look at the victron tool kit app and you can enter different scenarios you might need.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You'd probably find it was ok for removing the yellow stains! I can't believe that people actually drink the stuff.
I think a lot of people confuse it with Samuel Smiths which is a fine real ale and brewed in the same town.
Well it was WESTY66 that gave it to me he is obviously not a beer connoisseur.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You'd probably find it was ok for removing the yellow stains! I can't believe that people actually drink the stuff.
I think a lot of people confuse it with Samuel Smiths which is a fine real ale and brewed in the same town.
Youā€™ve got that that the wrong way round, Sam smiths is/was vilešŸ˜‰šŸ‘šŸ‘

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Suprising how many you can get in this little van.

IMG_20240810_140841473_HDR.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never mind the shirt. Fancy allowing rug rats;) to sit on the new upholstery with tomato sauce.
I was thinking exactly the same but didn't want to risk saying so as I didn't want to cause Lenny any more stress with his dinky new diner! :LOL:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I was thinking exactly the same but didn't want to risk saying so as I didn't want to cause Lenny any more stress with his dinky new diner! :LOL:
Heā€™s clicking his heels in the spitfire tent atm, it looks like another late onešŸ™„
Itā€™s been a great weekend so far with uncle Lenny, Mi and the family, the kids are great, so well behavedšŸ‘

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Heā€™s clicking his heels in the spitfire tent atm, it looks like another late onešŸ™„
Itā€™s been a great weekend so far with uncle Lenny, Mi and the family, the kids are great, so well behavedšŸ‘
Might have been if you had bothered to come over, I got the nibbles out, drinks at the ready & music playing and we get a no show from you.
Flipping lightweights you youngsters. šŸ˜‚

Still waiting for a reply to my Whats app message, I suppose we will have to go to bed early.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
What a nice touchā€¦.. my Twusch arrived today, and on opening the box, not only was there a ā€œthank you for your orderā€ but also a packet of sweets

How many UK companies do that

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
What a nice touchā€¦.. my Twusch arrived today, and on opening the box, not only was there a ā€œthank you for your orderā€ but also a packet of sweets

How many UK companies do that

Spain too

La Marina barbers and he gave me a packet of sweets when I left

Maybe he was waiting for a kiss, iā€™m not sure lol šŸ˜˜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back