Lenny's heading South yet again (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Where are you headed Lenny HB we are about level with you on the coast at Platja d’Aro moving on tomorrow but only have a month as we have solar panels to be fitted on the house at the beginning of May. Currently very warm here van was 38deg when we returned this afternoon!
Will be visiting friends in Barcelona, then wherever, Ebro perhaps.
Hi Steve, love to Judy.
At Alcañiz tonight, heading towards the cost to flipping cold inland. 17° today & nice warm sunshine but blowing a force 10 gale.

Trouble is Easter on the coast can be a pain thinking about going to Cap Blanch at Altea/L'Albir they don't do bookings so may be able to get in and if the wind drops I can get some paddleboarding in.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi Steve, love to Judy.
At Alcañiz tonight, heading towards the cost to flipping cold inland. 17° today & nice warm sunshine but blowing a force 10 gale.

Trouble is Easter on the coast can be a pain thinking about going to Cap Blanch at Altea/L'Albir they don't do bookings so may be able to get in and if the wind drops I can get some paddleboarding in.
Shame, probably too far down for us, we are having a slow relaxing trip this time just trying to find some aires. So will probably head for the Ebro to get some walking and possibly sun bathing in.
Have a good trip and give the lovely lady a cuddle from us for her birthday. :love::love::birthday:
S&J

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I guessed that you'd be heading to Cap Blanch. Enjoy! Agree with you about the coast at Easter. It can be a nightmare!
We spent Easter at Cap Blanch in 2019. It was fine. Very few Spanish families there, and although it was full, it was quiet.
If you arrive at around 11am on Tuesday, you may well be lucky.
We've moved north now. We're ready for a change, and are heading for France.
Currently at Deltebre - brilliant sunshine, but blowing a hooly and a massive storm last night.
Did we do the right thing in leaving Aguilas🤔?

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Got as far as Alcañiz remodeling the Aire here and putting defined pitches with small trees between.
There was one pitch left beside where they were working with a sign saying no parking up to 31/3/23 and a tow away sign, obviously overrun and still working.

So I moved the sign and parked. Workers vans were taking up two spaces.

IMG_20230402_145809_copy_1152x864.jpg

There was a couple of nice big holes beside where we parked, then someone moved out so we moved spots didn't wat to be woken up with workmen throwing dirt over the van a 8am.

IMG_20230402_145828_copy_1152x864.jpg
IMG_20230402_151640_copy_1152x864.jpg

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Set off on another trip today don't where we are going no plans so could be France, Spain or Portugal.

Left home at 9:15 this morning and by 10:40 we were bobing about in a boat on the English channel.
Not only did the ferry leave 20 min early it arrived at Dieppe 35 min early.

As we docked at Dieppe several fishing boats came into the harbour quite close to the ferry and started letting of smoke flares. Lost track of what the French are protesting about they do it so many times.

View attachment 732424
If you haven't been you could consider lake constance or the Italian lakes. Lots to do/see and great ambience (excuse my French) :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Bloomin Hell Lenny, did the village people run in their houses, closing up all doors and windows, screaming quick, quick Lenny has arrived, the storm is coming!:eek:
I don't think much of that Aire either, dare I say down market even for an FLT.:imoutahere:
LES:giggle:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't think much of that Aire either, dare I say down market even for an FLT
Nothing wrong with the Aire we like these little ones.
It will be really nice when they finish revamping it. Looks like it's been designed by someone who understands Motorhomes, nice big well engineered service area even left a gap in the fence at the end to make it easy for big vans.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Last edited:

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
thinking about going to Cap Blanch at Altea/L'Albir they don't do bookings so may be able to get in and if the wind drops I can get some paddleboarding in.
I hope you are not sickening for something & I hope you have cleared that with “MrWallet” first. ::bigsmile::imoutahere:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I hope you are not sickening for something & I hope you have cleared that with “MrWallet” first. ::bigsmile::imoutahere:
He's in for a bit of a shock not even ACSI rates this week, but we have had 8 or 9 free nights. If it was warmer we would stay inland for Easter, just stopped for lunch 10°.

Mr stomach will be happy with all the restaurants around there. :drinks:

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Lenny,
We stayed on this Aire in January this year and it isn't that far from the sea so might be a bit warmer. Handy for the town and the Caves and a nice setting. Tap, drive over grey and black dump and free.

Screenshot_20230403-171452_searchforsites.jpg

I think it's about 110 mile from where you were last night.
It's a huge car park with about 10 marked MH pitches.

Screenshot_20230403-172318_Maps.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Got as far as Alcañiz remodeling the Aire here and putting defined pitches with small trees between.
There was one pitch left beside where they were working with a sign saying no parking up to 31/3/23 and a tow away sign, obviously overrun and still working.

So I moved the sign and parked. Workers vans were taking up two spaces.

View attachment 734532

There was a couple of nice big holes beside where we parked, then someone moved out so we moved spots didn't wat to be woken up with workmen throwing dirt over the van a 8am.

View attachment 734531View attachment 734533
Thanks for the tip about Alcañiz, I think we might be able to get there tomorrow. But there's another good aire a bit nearer to us, well what time we get away tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back