leaky loo, found out the cause ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I don't think anyone knew there was a manufactured HOLE outside a cassette unit, under the moulding halfway down the bowl.

It difficult to see, I have videos of it, but this site said, it was too large to download it, but without you going on your knees, looking up under the moulding it is the size of a halfpenny.

However, if you go on the Bentley Motorhome Forum Facebook site, you will see it on that site, as my MH is a Bentley, and Facebook has noproblems with videos there ! Then of course, you might be able to understand EXACTLY what I am talking about, !
Did you get any answers to your posts on farcebook or bentley owners then?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Hi there !
If you have a boat there, then you will realise, that there is a DESIGNATED Motorhome Parking for about 8 MH, which is EHU, and locked up at night, a VERY SECURE site, which costs 30£ per night !
At Swansea Marina ?
I've had a boat in the marina for years and have never seen it.
The parking at the marina is for berth holders or you can pay and display if you are not a berth holder but only during the day.
There is signage stating no over nighting.
If you could over night I would in my motorhome.
I have no idea where this parking is ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
sweet caroline I stand corrected.
I've just googled and found the below.
I've had a boat at Swansea Marina for 20 years and was never aware there was motorhome parking.
It isn't in the marina car park though and I don't know where in relationship to the marina it is.
1000008385.jpg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
sweet caroline
Right I've found it on Search For Sites
It's by the River Tawe lock near where the commercial boats moor.
I've still never noticed it so assume it can't be seen from the lock when exiting or entering.
I think it must be behind some buildings.
You learn something new every day.

1000008386.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
HAHAHAHA! Well as you mentioned, you learn something new every day ! I do a lot of research on sites, as I am a woman alone, and at 67, I need to be safe and secure, and this site allows me to do this ! Also, I can still walk to Gower, the beach and pop over to Swansea shopping area. This way it allows me to visit my Dad and Aunt and Cousins, who are coming to see Renee, for the first time to inspect her, and see her for the very first time!

So I know it is not the most sulubrious of sites, without too many views, but that is not the reason I am there! I can walk out of my MH walk and be in the centre of things. If I had a scenic site somewhere, I would only have forest walks, to do! So happy to have this small area that is safe and easy for access. If it is ok, I will use it often with Renee, as it takes me over 7 hours in the MH to travel from where I live, so being down in Wales, for a week, fits me fine.

You never know , in the Summer, I might hitch a ride on a Yaught there ? hahah

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
HAHAHAHA! Well as you mentioned, you learn something new every day ! I do a lot of research on sites, as I am a woman alone, and at 67, I need to be safe and secure, and this site allows me to do this ! Also, I can still walk to Gower, the beach and pop over to Swansea shopping area. This way it allows me to visit my Dad and Aunt and Cousins, who are coming to see Renee, for the first time to inspect her, and see her for the very first time!

So I know it is not the most sulubrious of sites, without too many views, but that is not the reason I am there! I can walk out of my MH walk and be in the centre of things. If I had a scenic site somewhere, I would only have forest walks, to do! So happy to have this small area that is safe and easy for access. If it is ok, I will use it often with Renee, as it takes me over 7 hours in the MH to travel from where I live, so being down in Wales, for a week, fits me fine.

You never know , in the Summer, I might hitch a ride on a Yaught there ? hahah
If you want a safe site for solo women have a look at Skysea, Port Eynon, Gower.
I go there quite regularly and see solo ladies who say they go there as it is so safe.
Just an idea for you.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Walking to the gower from there :eek: it would take me a week :rofl:

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Well, last year, I walked from the marina, on the SANDS right to the pier at Mumbles, which yesI call the Gower.

It took me a couple of hours, but was determined to do which I did as a teenager, which was the last time I did it at 18 ! I am now 67, and probably loved it more, than as a teenager too !

But on the way back, I walked on the pathway back, and did it more quickly.! They now have 3/4 seater bikes for family to do this trip, which in the summer is wonderful

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back