Rally [Jul 16, 2015] Hartlepool Marina Monkey Hangers Rally (Cleveland) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well, I thought I might pop out and treat myslef to a cooked breakfast whilst Rita slumbers on, but I'm not going out in this heavy rain. :(
It looks like it'll be tea and toast indoors. lol

@makems, Mike & Gwen, you picked a smashing location for this meet. :)
Well done both, and well done to those marshalling us all in and getting us pitched. Great stuff. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Rally marshals are the unsung heroes of events like this.
@martin1485 and @Techno100 did a brill job yesterday getting 50+ vans pitched up whilst also having to deal with numerous members of the public trying to park on our pitch (some of whom got a bit arsey) and also the water companies installing standpipe and sewer facilities.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Alls well with our electrics now :) thanks to Jock for helping Bill sort it out and to Andy for the use of tools and advice . This is a brilliant meet and location . Thanks Mike Martin and Andy for all your hard work yesterday Marshalling :) looking forward to using our vouchers that Mike has managed to get for us as Funsters . THANKYOU XXX and Thankyou everyone who offered help and advice with our electrics Amanda is one happy bunny this morning watching the Waltons on her TV xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We are not sure if we are staying another night yet or not, so we'll say our thanks now.

Thanks To Mike & Gwen (makems) for finding a great meet location, and for all the organising it took to see it through, especially with recent health issues. Glad to hear that it has all been taken care of Mike. (y)
A big thanks to Andy & Martin, for their sterling efforts to see us all pitched and catered for with facilities, despite receiving confrontation from some locals, whose free parking has been scuppered by our arrival. :LOL:

Thanks too, to all those that attended and supported the meet, many faces old and new. (y)

It was our first time in Hartlepool, and hopefully, it won't be our last. :)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Asda £4.50
image.jpg

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Really enjoyed our first Meet. Would like to thank all who made us feel so welcomed and included. Special thanks to Mike(Makems) who clearly put a lot of real effort into geting the Meet arranged and so well organised with the massive help of Andy(Techno100) and Martin(Martina 1485).
We had, what we incorrectly perceived to be a gas tank problem, to be immediately introduced by a kindly Funster to Terry who in no time at all resolved our problem.
The evening entertainment was super and the company so warm and friendly making us feel very much part of the Funsters family. Now looking forward to our next Meet at Falkirk
Thanks again all
Ashley & Ian

Last edited:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
We had a great time up at Hartlepool many thanks to the Makems ,Martin,Andy well done for finding a good location and all the hard work to make this a hoot ,we met some very nice people and enjoyed the band on saturday night .:)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Just arrived back home from a great weekend. First visit to Hartlepool to find the locals so friendly and helpful everywhere we went.

A big, big thank you to Mike (Makems) for a superbly organised event that we will have lovely memories of. An equally big thank you to Martin and Andy, their marshalling was excellent

Thanks again to everyone for making the event such a huge success, we really enjoyed ourselves.

Rex and Janet

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
What Can We Say A Great Weekend ......

The location was lovely thanks so much to Mike & Gwen for finding such a super rally spot:) and for all the groundwork you did organising all the eatery discounts and the Sunday bacon rolls to keep everyone fed and watered(y) all weekend,

To Martin & Andy for working so hard getting everyone pitched up and of course their diplomacy in re-routing the gym members :rolleyes:

To the One and only Rex Factor accompanied by the lovely Rexettes for a fantastic Saturday night's entertainment :clap2::clap2::clap2:

And of course to all our funster friends old and new for the great fun and company, see you all soon

Sue & Eric xx

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Back home safe after a great weekend. Thanks to Mike for the great organisation, Martin & Andy for marshalling, "Rex's Got Talent" for a super evening of music. Well done all.

Managed to find some Hartlepool history on the Hartlepool Headland, including this guy!!

I remember his creator, Reg Smythe, going back to his old school (Galley's Field) when I was at school. By then two schools had amalgamated and the old Galley's was the domain of the maths department. I was studying for A levels at that time and was in the right place at the right time when he came round with the press in his wake...... would have been in the mid-1970s about the time he moved back to Hartlepool.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It's not always the early bird that catches the worm. :(
I was in ASDA at 06.40 this morning, but their canteen doesn't open until 08.00, so it looks like tea and toast in the MH. :(

Never mind, I'm back in the van listening to the music from the zumba class (or whatever it is they do) in the Fitness centre. :LOL:
We nearly had a B&M articulated lorry in the parking area with us this morning at 06.30. The driver had just passed his test, and it was his first delivery for the company, and had taken the wrong turning (been there and done that with an artic). He was redirected to the correct turn off for the store, by a friendly local. (y)

After breakfast and an Autogas refill at ASDA, we'll hit the A19 & A1M homeward.

Thanks again to all concerned for making the weekend a great success. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Monday morning and packing up to move off and make my way south to the Norwich show. Had a fantastic time, marvellous location and met some lovely people.
A big thank you from me and Bronte for all the hard work in arranging and marshalling this meet. PLEASE can we do it again next year, just love the marina.
Thanks again.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Thanks to everyone concerned with this meet. Did not get to meet everyone as their was only the pub to meet everyone to those I missed see you next time.To those I did meet its good to put faces to names and the ones i met up with and have not seen for a long time, good to see you again after all these years and Happy FUN Times to you all. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back