LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Another Funster with the same Iveco as us, had an inline pump go on him. It is 12v, and sits on the chassis rail between the fuel tank and the engine bay. Apparently they are known to fail.

Might be worth checking it out first, to make sure it's working correctly.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The injector pump should be on the nearside of the engine, driven from the camshaft.

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
It maybe a good idea to remove the air intake pipe from the manifold before you spray the easy start I down the intake pipe, also get the wife to turn the engine over at the same time.
Not spray into the air intake where the filter is then? Think my main issue is that the N&B is rear wheel drive so the engine is the long way round and I have no idea how to reach half the bits!

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Another Funster with the same Iveco as us, had an inline pump go on him. It is 12v, and sits on the chassis rail between the fuel tank and the engine bay. Apparently they are known to fail.

Might be worth checking it out first, to make sure it's working correctly.

Cheers,

Ill get under her tomorrow and poke about. Thanks

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Not spray into the air intake where the filter is then? Think my main issue is that the N&B is rear wheel drive so the engine is the long way round and I have no idea how to reach half the bits!
I think to be safe you need some advice that will save you money 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I think to be safe you need some advice that will save you money 🙂
Nah,!! Im pretty competent despite my comments.

I also have a bucket load of tools. Im just not upto speed on diesel engines. If i can find the issue, i can change the part!!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Nah,!! Im pretty competent despite my comments.

I also have a bucket load of tools. Im just not upto speed on diesel engines. If i can find the issue, i can change the part!!
Not up to speed? Diesel engines are supposed to be simple as no electronics should come in to the equation?

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Not up to speed? Diesel engines are supposed to be simple as no electronics should come in to the equation?
As in ive never had to work on one before! So my kryptonite is figuring out the issue on a massive engine buried under an a class cab with 8 inches of room between the front of vehicle and a fence!!

Im also stubborn and am not gonna get it taken to a garage until im rocking in a corner grinding my teeth!!!!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As in ive never had to work on one before! So my kryptonite is figuring out the issue on a massive engine buried under an a class cab with 8 inches of room between the front of vehicle and a fence!!

Im also stubborn and am not gonna get it taken to a garage until im rocking in a corner grinding my teeth!!!!
From your reply an engine is an engine wherever it is, but your reply is a very military reply.
It dose not matter where it is positioned it has one purpose, and your goal is to get it working.
In my life that was as cheaply as possible, but depending on your learning that could be a very different outlook to some 🙂

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
From your reply an engine is an engine wherever it is, but your reply is a very military reply.
It dose not matter where it is positioned it has one purpose, and your goal is to get it working.
In my life that was as cheaply as possible, but depending on your learning that could be a very different outlook to some 🙂

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
A very military reply? Are we that obvious?

I know i can spot someone who has served by sight but I hadnt considered that!! But having spent 38 years in uniform, i dont know anything else!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
A very military reply? Are we that obvious?

I know i can spot someone who has served by sight but I hadnt considered that!! But having spent 38 years in uniform, i dont know anything else!
Sorry that was not the best reply! but not everything is now black or white
As you know!👍
Get some upto date advice on modern vehicles or it could cost a small fortune to get things up and running again👍

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Sorry that was not the best reply! but not everything is now black or white
As you know!👍
Get some upto date advice on modern vehicles or it could cost a small fortune to get things up and running again👍
My comments were probably not the best either. What I am trying to say is that I love a challenge and always try to figure stuff out myself first. I fitted a bathroom and the heating pipework myself after watching YouTube videos. Partially rewired the house after doing an electrical course. Fixed loads of petrol cars etc and pretty much sorted all the appliances in the van that were broken when I bought it.

If it looks like something that's going to be a PITA, I will get it recovered to my local garage who do know the vehicle.

I have a sneaky suspicion this fault is a progression of the issue I have had for a while which leads me towards the lift pump and possibly the wiring to the crank shaft sensor but wanted to probe the hive mind here on fun before I drop a few bob on a recovery wagon!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
My comments were probably not the best either. What I am trying to say is that I love a challenge and always try to figure stuff out myself first. I fitted a bathroom and the heating pipework myself after watching YouTube videos. Partially rewired the house after doing an electrical course. Fixed loads of petrol cars etc and pretty much sorted all the appliances in the van that were broken when I bought it.

If it looks like something that's going to be a PITA, I will get it recovered to my local garage who do know the vehicle.

I have a sneaky suspicion this fault is a progression of the issue I have had for a while which leads me towards the lift pump and possibly the wiring to the crank shaft sensor but wanted to probe the hive mind here on fun before I drop a few bob on a recovery wagon!
Days gone by that would be a fair assessment of the situation. Unfortunately not now! But don’t loose your enthusiasm, there is lots of good free advice on here, some good! Some bad .
Good luck👍
What dose this word PITA mean it keeps coming up on here ?
I’m a bit thick 😳

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Right!! after spraying easy start, it sort of caught for a second then died which leaves me to thing it was the easy start that was being the fuel? immediately died as soon as it caught and the EDC light flashed.

I'm leaning towards lift pump.... maybe!!!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Crack the pipes into the injectors. Crank over and see if fuel is being pulsed out of them.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Crack the pipes into the injectors. Crank over and see if fuel is being pulsed out of them.
Taff015. Try that 12v inline pump I mentioned first, between the tank and the injector pump. If good, then progress to the injectors, ie, process of elimination.

Good luck. 👍

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
ive just pulled the pipes off the fuel filter and no fuel is coming through on turn over. Would I be right in saying that the system goes:

Tank - inline lift pump - fuel filter - high pressure pump - injectors?

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Taff015. Try that 12v inline pump I mentioned first, between the tank and the injector pump. If good, then progress to the injectors, ie, process of elimination.

Good luck. 👍

inline pump look ok visually but no fuel is getting to the filter. fuse for pump is ok. so wiring or 12v pump itself?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
inline pump look ok visually but no fuel is getting to the filter. fuse for pump is ok. so wiring or 12v pump itself?
Sounds like it Taff. There should be fuel emerging from to outflow pipe as soon as it gets 12v power. Maybe get close to feel it operating and check flow, whilst someone turns on the ignition for you.

If suspect, fit a new one. If the problem still exists, you'll at least have a spare to carry with you. ;)

Cheers,

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Sounds like it Taff. There should be fuel emerging from to outflow pipe as soon as it gets 12v power. Maybe get close to feel it operating and check flow, whilst someone turns on the ignition for you.

If suspect, fit a new one. If the problem still exists, you'll at least have a spare to carry with you. ;)

Cheers,

im getting nothing through. im going to assume the part i am looking at replacing is this?

Red pipe comes from tank through the 2 bits in photos upto engine bay. the brown pipe goes from tank to engine bay

20230203_125210.jpg 20230203_125239.jpg 20230203_125251.jpg

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Im gonna check that when i get home. Had a quick check earlier and wires seem ok but wll geta multimeter on it

If no power to it, then it will be fun!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
im going to assume the part i am looking at replacing is this?
That and the filter before it Taff.
Can you feel any movement on that pump, when 12v power is applied?

BTW, have you checked that it's not the filter which is blocked?

The pipe coming back to the tank, may be for diesel return from the injectors feed off pipes. I'm not sure TBH.

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
That and the filter before it Taff.
Can you feel any movement on that pump, when 12v power is applied?

BTW, have you checked that it's not the filter which is blocked?

The pipe coming back to the tank, may be for diesel return from the injectors feed off pipes. I'm not sure TBH.

I will check that as well. Thanks

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Do you have power and ground to the pump?
just hit the pins with a multimeter and no power is showing at the pump with ignition on. I will assume that i wouldn't need the engine turning over to give 12v.

tracing the cable tomorrow will likely be fun. ive checked the fuses in the cab and all seem fine. is there a fuse box in the engine bay on a N&B flair? I can see anything obvious apart from the 60 amp fuses near the battery. i could hook up the pump directly to a 12v battery and see if it runs?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back