IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
I've no idea how to do that but it might be good to know, as we'll be off to Spain soon and if it happens again it would be great to know how to deal with it> I have a TPLink M7350 LTE. Do you know how I could search for operators, please? Thank you :)

Download the user manual (they call it user guide):

I suggest you spend some time studying this, and have it saved on your tablet/phone.

Section 7.2.2 tells you how to manually select networks.

Easy-peasy (y)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Into our 3rd week in Spain and France and only just hit 50gb of a pre change IQ Sim. Helped with good WiFi in Spain for a few days. Still a head scratcher for next year's trips, fingers crossed IQ come back with something because it's been flawless so far.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Trekker
Exp
Since 2022
I tried an IQ SIM for the first time this summer in our Netgear M2 mobile router. 100GB add-on just about lasted a fortnight in France, which I put down to our teenager in the tent alongside our van constantly streaming video :rolleyes: It all worked well enough though and it’s a shame that they are now limiting EU Roaming to 25% / 25GB on a 100GB add-on. Their communication on it seemed very fair, though it has prompted me to explore alternatives. I would consider a pay monthly SIM for data in UK and EU if it made sense. Will wait and see what IQ come up with, hopefully soon.

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
staying at the free site in Reims tonight. Did a speed test on my iD sim

IMG_6873.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
Latency of 1ms to London over the internet from France is impossible. So guess you were measuring something else.

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Which speedchecker is the top one you used? I'm in France, with a London IP, so could try to see what I get, if you like :)
Ookla was one and the other one just came up when I did a search. I’m in France too.

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Ookla was one and the other one just came up when I did a search. I’m in France too.

OK, here's the one from Ookla....

1728584501817.png

And here's one from Broadband Speed Checker....

1728584626551.png

Bear in mind, I live out in the sticks and I'm on SFR (but not cable) :)

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I recall you were using a VPN.
Have you tried the speedtest after switching it off?

No, I haven't done before but just did. Here's the result;

1728662651464.png

A marginal improvement :oops:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
I was just checking my ID mobile account (as I was getting close to my roaming 30Gb limit) and found this on their website.

Not sure if new customers will get the deal (and no email notification) but it will certainly be useful for my current trip!

Screenshot_2024-10-15-07-56-17-075_com.android.chrome.jpg

Upvote 0

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I was just checking my ID mobile account (as I was getting close to my roaming 30Gb limit) and found this on their website.

Not sure if new customers will get the deal (and no email notification) but it will certainly be useful for my current trip!

View attachment 965316
Thanks for this! Ive just been on chat & confirmed, so have bought an unlimited data sim on a one month contract for our upcoming trip! I’ve saved the chat where they confirmed we can use all the data, so fingers crossed 🤞!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
We landed in Santander on Saturday, bought a DIGI 200GB for €16 on Sunday and all working fine. No contract. Seems like a good option to me.

Terry
HI can I ask where you bought it we are arriving in Santander by ferry next week, and will it work in our Huawei mi fi please.

Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
IQ seem to be in a bit of a mess. I bought a 3 month 100 GB SIM and activated it on the 4th September. The last few days I’ve been unable to get any data whilst in Spain so I contacted them and was told my data expired on the 4th October. I had to provide them with my order number before they agreed a “mistake” had been made.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
IQ seem to be in a bit of a mess. I bought a 3 month 100 GB SIM and activated it on the 4th September. The last few days I’ve been unable to get any data whilst in Spain so I contacted them and was told my data expired on the 4th October. I had to provide them with my order number before they agreed a “mistake” had been made.

They might be in some turmoil ATM following the downgrading of roaming data allowances and the volume of enquiries that follow, (in common with some other providers), but I’ll bet you’ll get a faster and more satisfactory response from IQ Mobile than the majority of the other companies out there. After suffering RWG ‘customer services’ I’m sticking with IQ for the time being to see what they come up with as we’re not heading abroad until next year.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Trekker
Exp
Since 2022

I didn’t even realise you could get a 3 month SIM with them, but checked after reading your post and indeed you can. The IQ GO SIM data add-ons that I have been buying have data allowances that expire after 30 days and do not roll over.

I’ve been in touch with them since the cap was introduced and at this point am hoping to keep the IQ GO SIM that I have as I found service / coverage levels to be decent. I must admit though that the delay between ordering a data add on and it being activated is not always 24 hours, I’ve had it take 2-3 days which is a slight annoyance when data has ran out. Still, I’m waiting to see what new deals they come up with. Hopefully they do so quickly though as I may jump to an alternative if not.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I didn’t even realise you could get a 3 month SIM with them, but checked after reading your post and indeed you can. The IQ GO SIM data add-ons that I have been buying have data allowances that expire after 30 days and do not roll over.

I’ve been in touch with them since the cap was introduced and at this point am hoping to keep the IQ GO SIM that I have as I found service / coverage levels to be decent. I must admit though that the delay between ordering a data add on and it being activated is not always 24 hours, I’ve had it take 2-3 days which is a slight annoyance when data has ran out. Still, I’m waiting to see what new deals they come up with. Hopefully they do so quickly though as I may jump to an alternative if not.
Regarding delays in adding data I have had data added within the hour after contacting Frazer on whats app.

Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Trekker
Exp
Since 2022
Regarding delays in adding data I have had data added within the hour after contacting Frazer on whats app.

Yes that’s a good shout, he’s very responsive on email too, had some Comms with him about the recent data cap, he’s happy to engage quickly. Never thought of the WhatsApp option when needing a data add on to be applied but that’s a good idea.

Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Yes that’s a good shout, he’s very responsive on email too, had some Comms with him about the recent data cap, he’s happy to engage quickly. Never thought of the WhatsApp option when needing a data add on to be applied but that’s a good idea.

I've also had data added very quickly after contacting them; once when I forget to buy an add-on and it was a Saturday. He was straight onto it. Their customer service is second to none and they deserve all the support they can get. I have everything crossed that they can come up with a solution that allows them to continue supporting the travelling community. It would be a great shame if such a progressive company with traditional values ends up losing business through no fault of their own.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022

There is the option of ordering your data add on and specifying the date you want it to start. I’ve done this several days before the existing one expired and there hasn’t been a break in service.

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
There is the option of ordering your data add on and specifying the date you want it to start. I’ve done this several days before the existing one expired and there hasn’t been a break in service.
That’s also how I do it, they’ve not missed the requested start date yet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back