IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (18 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What’s happens to your phone number when you cancel the IQ contract - do you lose it? I’m into month 1 of a 3 month contract with them. I’ve bought a Spanish SIM in Burgos and would like to cancel with IQ but I’ve had my number a long time and I’ve nowhere to transfer it to 🤷‍♂️.
When back in the UK get a free PAYG sim like Asda to transfer you number to until you sort out a new contract. You don't have to put any money on it.
Or get one sent to a friend or relatives address.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
What’s happens to your phone number when you cancel the IQ contract - do you lose it? I’m into month 1 of a 3 month contract with them. I’ve bought a Spanish SIM in Burgos and would like to cancel with IQ but I’ve had my number a long time and I’ve nowhere to transfer it to 🤷‍♂️.
Yes ask for pac code as usual

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Mine seems to be working but its still showing I have used 25GB today which cant be right as I only went on line for 304- mins to check emails and a few forums. Should have been 100mb max.. I may have to message them again.
I checked mine about an hour ago and had the same issue.

Not sure if you got around to emailing them again but this is the (very quick) response I had

'The usage information is cosmetic and can be ignored.
We have had to put that in ready for bundles being added tomorrow onwards.'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Sent a few emails back and forward to them. My sim usage on the portal is currently showing as 25GB used which know cant be right. At their end, its showing that I have 99GB remaining which is more like it.
They have said it will resolve itself in a few days so we should have accurate information on sim usage. So hopefully that's it sorted, just hoping when I get to 25gb roaming it doesn't stop working.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I578
Exp
since 2012
I bought one to in Burgos on Saturday but I don’t seem to be able to hotspot off it - is that the same for you?
It looks like it. I can’t hotspot off mine either, I would prefer to but for €16 I’m ok with that.
I believe you can hotspot with Lebara.

Terry

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Text PAC to 65075 and you will be sent a code, then once you find a deal you like, give your new network your PAC code. Your new network will transfer your number over 👍

Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
Text PAC to 65075 and you will be sent a code, then once you find a deal you like, give your new network your PAC code. Your new network will transfer your number over 👍
Do I have request the PAC from my current provider before I terminate the contract with them or do they keep my number available for me in perpetuity after I cancel? Once I request the PAC, how long have I got to use it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do I have request the PAC from my current provider before I terminate the contract with them or do they keep my number available for me in perpetuity after I cancel? Once I request the PAC, how long have I got to use it?
A PAC code lasts for 30 days if you don't use it they cancel it. You can request another one any time.
The contract ends when you give another provider the PAC code.

Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
Is it a digimobile SIM or some other? As I know digi allow hotspoting. Check the Apn is correct on your phone and try switching data on and off a few times.
It’s a DigiMobil, yes. There are no settings for APN, Username and Password under the Personal Hotspot settings. Can you advise the settings I should enter?

Upvote 0

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne