IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (119 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I've just had a refund on my annual SIM. I'll happily return to IQ mobile if they come up with a decent successor product.

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
Just go with POPIT

We do not cap the data usage. If you have 1GB,3GB,10GB,30GB or 100GB you can use all of this allowance in the EU.

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Digimobile. es 16 euros 200gb

I understand that you buy these in Spanish shops. Are they really plug and play after setting up payment. Do you need a Spanish address or is it email address only?

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Just go with POPIT

We do not cap the data usage. If you have 1GB,3GB,10GB,30GB or 100GB you can use all of this allowance in the EU.
Works well for me. Just find the change back from "paused" to the active subscription awkward, ie first add money to your account. Software needs rewriting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.
I have contacted Iq via WhatsApp, and they will honour the 100gb until 1st October, I registered my complaint with them but looks like it’s beyond their control.

Upvote 0

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I understand that you buy these in Spanish shops. Are they really plug and play after setting up payment. Do you need a Spanish address or is it email address only?
Buy in shops. You will need your passport to buy any sim in Spain. No address needed but if they insist use camp site. Ask shop staff to set it up in your phone. You can then move to device. make sure you get the APN info.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
Response from IQ mobile on the subject of the " IQ GO" situation...

Hi,

Thanks for your message, we understand that changing terms and conditions can be frustrating, especially when it was working so well (for both of us).

We would like to make it clear that this isn't a decision that IQ Mobile has made, and that it has come downhill from our network operator. We are working with them to try and come up with alternate solutions so we can continue to service the 'travel' community.

What to expect?
In the short term, we are allowing all bundles purchased and activated before October 1st to run as normal and the full allowance to be available. Anything purchased for activation on or after the 1st October 2024 will have the fair use while roaming applied.

What are your options?
Whilst we have had to move the goalposts against our will we want to give you a set of options and we hope at least one of them is palatable for you.

1) Refund, we will refund your IQ Go SIM (and any unfulfilled orders) minus the remaining months.

i.e. If you bought it 6 months ago, we will refund the remaining 6 months. We will also disconnect the SIM if this option is chosen.

2) Remain, you can remain an IG Go customer and we will continue to provide the service with the new fair use policies. However, we will give you the option to transfer to our new IQ Go V2.0 service as soon as we negotiate and create the package, this might involve changing SIMs but we will do this free of charge (FOC).

We are looking at alternatives as we do not want to exit the travel SIM community and enjoy working with you and providing fantastic customer support in the process. Please be kind as we were delivered this news at very short notice from our Supplier Friday 20th September, We should have revitalised travel products in the coming weeks.

If you want to take us up on the refund offer do let us know and we will get to work on that immediately , with no hard feelings.

Thanks

IQ Support

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Often just go down that route and buy sims in France Spain etc . Stick in phone and off you go .
Tiekom possibly even easier as it covers all EU and UK

Upvote 0

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Sorry I confused myself, it should be January 2026 and we will find out towards the end of 2025 if it will be extended again as it has been each year since 2022. I realise it's a gamble on whether you will get the extra year or not but even if you only got one year it's extremely convenient. I alternate between my router with an EE unlimited Sim and my Tesco unlimited Sim in a mifi depending on which one is giving me the best speed at any given location and I don’t have to worry about running out of data in the EU, for me that works well.
Even if they don’t renew for full co tract data I reckon they would limit it to 25GB same as O2 which they piggy back off.

But as you say, they keep extending it.

My two business Vodafone contracts are up in a couple of weeks and will be looking to switch over to Tesco contracts as they are so much cheaper.

Upvote 0
Jul 8, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
Exp
Since 2018
The full response from IQ Mobile.

Hi,

Thanks for your message, we understand that changing terms and conditions can be frustrating, especially when it was working so well (for both of us).

We would like to make it clear that this isn't a decision that IQ Mobile has made, and that it has come downhill from our network operator. We are working with them to try and come up with alternate solutions so we can continue to service the 'travel' community.

What to expect?

In the short term, we are allowing all bundles purchased and activated before October 1st to run as normal and the full allowance to be available. Anything purchased for activation on or after the 1st October 2024 will have the fair use while roaming applied.

What are your options?

Whilst we have had to move the goalposts against our will we want to give you a set of options and we hope at least one of them is palatable for you.

1) Refund, we will refund your IQ Go SIM (and any unfulfilled orders) minus the remaining months. i.e. If you bought it 6 months ago, we will refund the remaining 6 months. We will also disconnect the SIM if this option is chosen.

2) Remain, you can remain an IG Go customer and we will continue to provide the service with the new fair use policies. However, we will give you the option to transfer to our new IQ Go V2.0 service as soon as we negotiate and create the package, this might involve changing SIMs but we will do this free of charge (FOC).

We are looking at alternatives as we do not want to exit the travel SIM community and enjoy working with you all whilst providing fantastic customer support. Please be kind as we were delivered this news at very short notice from our Supplier Friday 20th September, We should have revitalised travel products in the coming weeks. If you want to take us up on the refund offer do let us know and we will get to work on that immediately , with no hard feelings.

Thanks IQ Support

Kind regards,

Peter Gradwell

--
IQ Mobile Limited

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We dont travel till January so will hold off nearer the time. We also have both our phones with them so hoping of a solution.

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Shame about this. Just got my subscription and my unused 100gb sim fee refunded. Can't fault them for customer service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for raising this. Off to Spain on 9 October, back November, so purchasing add on before 1 October should do me fine! I'm impressed by the responses folk have had from customer services at IQ, so will stay with them after that to see if they can provide a workaround.

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Digimobile. es 16 euros 200gb

Are these data only sims, please?

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We dont travel till January so will hold off nearer the time. We also have both our phones with them so hoping of a solution.
What with Starlink limiting access to 2 months and phone companies all limiting access to and length of time away. It’s like they are trying to make it impossible for people to travel freely.

We are at the end of this trip. Maybe 1 more week. Next one is mid January like you.

I was looking into data sims as a poor solution to the starlink restrictions. Hoping that we could get something sorted at home so no going to different sims in Europe and also the added costs of equipment boosters and aerial fitting having already got the Starlink.

I’m thinking something might change before we go again and don’t want to commit to something too early.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I'm impressed by the responses folk have had from customer services at IQ, so will stay with them after that to see if they can provide a workaround.

Same here. Up until now the service and clarity from IQ has been good. I’ll stay with them and see how it pans out.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back