Hmmmm filled with nearly 40l gas, one is empty now and the yellow crash sensor button activated :-( (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B564
Original post saying that you don’t turn the cylinders off when filling 😱😱😱
1 Dangerous 💥+ ❄
2. It’s illegal to not isolate gas tanks in a petrol station. 💥💥💥 it’s done for a reason ! That is safety.
I worked a number of years using LPG on vehicles and saw more than a few go up and when it does it’s always been because an operator hasn’t isolated the tanks before filling. Mix gas and large amounts of petrol and diesel and irt will make for a real BIG bang.
That said a reverse of a fire with LPG is the freezing factor it operates as a fluid at about -40 deg C so will burn thru flesh in a second or so and the flesh will not repair its worse than a flame burn.
Please take care with this stuff it’s not to be messed with.

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Original post saying that you don’t turn the cylinders off when filling 😱😱Thanks for that advice😱
1 Dangerous 💥+ ❄
2. It’s illegal to not isolate gas tanks in a petrol station. 💥💥💥 it’s done for a reason ! That is safety.
I worked a number of years using LPG on vehicles and saw more than a few go up and when it does it’s always been because an operator hasn’t isolated the tanks before filling. Mix gas and large amounts of petrol and diesel and irt will make for a real BIG bang.
That said a reverse of a fire with LPG is the freezing factor it operates as a fluid at about -40 deg C so will burn thru flesh in a second or so and the flesh will not repair its worse than a flame burn.
Please take care with this stuff it’s not to be messed with.
Thanks for that advice especially the last bit i shall put a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves on when i fill up

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for that advice especially the last bit i shall put a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves on when i fill up
I'd suggest some thermal lined ones rather than just rubber as that won't offer much protection from the 'cold' - mine have fleece linings, not perfect but better than just rubber.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I'd suggest some thermal lined ones rather than just rubber as that won't offer much protection from the 'cold' - mine have fleece linings, not perfect but better than just rubber.
Thankyou. yes exactly what i was thinking off but forgive me i was being lazy in my description

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thankyou. yes exactly what i was thinking off but forgive me i was being lazy in my description
One other safety tip, when releasing the gun do not bed over it but make sure you are at the side, when you release it there can be quite an escape of gas something you don't want to 'get you' in the face, not likely but certainly not worth the risk. If it does worry you though you could get a mask to go with your gloves, might get some funny looks though! :giggle:

1719688026001.png

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Thanks all for the advice and warnings etc etc, been busy being out and about down here in Devon / Cornwall finding places to stay but also dealing with a few issues health and wife related hence the late reply.

In the end I just did what someone else had suggested ie turned on the "empty" which has been running fine for the last 5 days. So obviously not empty but definitely seemed so when tapping it with a metal key.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
In the end I just did what someone else had suggested ie turned on the "empty" which has been running fine for the last 5 days. So obviously not empty but definitely seemed so when tapping it with a metal key.
Tapping with a METAL key :eek: ... Think sparks ... Have you got a death wish! 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B564
Minxy think you would be better taping it with your head if the tank is empty it’ll make the same sound as your head.
🤪🤪🤪

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back