HELP - No Electricity

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
One way to test if 230V mains is getting to the trip switches is to simply press the 'Test' button on an RCD. It should trip immediately. If it doesn't, then either the RCD has failed (very unlikely but possible) or there is no 230V getting to it. Maybe the RCD on the hookup post or house supply has tripped.
Edit: MichaelT types faster... :giggle:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If those trip switches are on, as in the photos, and they trip when the Test button is pressed, then at the very least your 230V mains sockets should be working. Have you tried the mains sockets? Maybe try switching all the trip switches, RCDs and MCBs, off and on again.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you have a Victron Smartshunt and a Cerbo GX, do you by any chance have a Victron Multiplus Inverter/charger fitted?
Edit: Sorry I missed the bit at the start of this thread that said you have a Multiplus. Sounds like it has gone into 'Charger only' mode somehow. You can reset that on the Cerbo GX display. If the 'AC mode' option doesn't appear at he bottom of the screen you are looking at, swipe left or right to view alternative screens until it shows. Then you can cycle through ON, Inverter only, Charger only and OFF.

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Show us a photo of your Hymer control panel above the habitation door (or somewhere close to that).
Thats the obvious answer to me at the moment.
May have tripped out and not turned back on.

Any electricity anywhere else that should be working now ? TV ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Show us a photo of your Hymer control panel above the habitation door (or somewhere close to that).
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been to the site facilities😀

IMG_5171.jpeg

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
If you have a Victron Smartshunt and a Cerbo GX, do you by any chance have a Victron Multiplus Inverter/charger fitted?
Edit: Sorry I missed the bit at the start of this thread that said you have a Multiplus. Sounds like it has gone into 'Charger only' mode somehow. You can reset that on the Cerbo GX display. If the 'AC mode' option doesn't appear at he bottom of the screen you are looking at, swipe left or right to view alternative screens until it shows. Then you can cycle through ON, Inverter only, Charger only and OFF.
So I changed it to charger only. Should it be something else?

I have tested the 230v sockets and they are working so that a good thing.

Just need to sort the 12v now

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Thats the obvious answer to me at the moment.
May have tripped out and not turned back on.

Any electricity anywhere else that should be working now ? TV ?

Nothing on 12v.

How do I reset the control panel?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So I changed it to charger only. Should it be something else?
Since you're on EHU I would think you can switch it to ON, ie both inverter and charger. That should get the 230V side working.

Some of the 230V might be wired so that it only works through the inverter. That's quite reasonable since when you are on EHU the inverter can work to combine with the EHU. Most inverters can't do this, but the Multiplus can.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Nothing on 12v.

How do I reset the control panel?
On your previous post second pic it shows the Multi on charger only - If you select "On" and press SET the multi will supply AC to the van (What will then work depends on how it is installed).

Battery from the previous pics (Your Romote Console V2 pic) is accepting 81amps of charge.

You have some DC loads running at 70w, so not sure what that may be if the Hymer panel is not working/on

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
On your previous post second pic it shows the Multi on charger only - If you select "On" and press SET the multi will supply AC to the van (What will then work depends on how it is installed).

Battery from the previous pics (Your Romote Console V2 pic) is accepting 81amps of charge.

You have some DC loads running at 70w, so not sure what that may be if the Hymer panel is not working/on
HYMER panel is not working. It just has a red flashing light on the display for battery levels.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
OK thats good!

On a friends Hymer with the same panel he did a reset, which I think involved turning off the main battery switch then back on then pressing the panels power button for five seconds or some similar ritual that was in his manual - Sorry can't remember the details.

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
OK thats good!

On a friends Hymer with the same panel he did a reset, which I think involved turning off the main battery switch then back on then pressing the panels power button for five seconds or some similar ritual that was in his manual - Sorry can't remember the details.
Where would I find the main battery switch?

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
OK thats good!

Is that the switch on EB?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back