HELP - No Electricity

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
One way to test if 230V mains is getting to the trip switches is to simply press the 'Test' button on an RCD. It should trip immediately. If it doesn't, then either the RCD has failed (very unlikely but possible) or there is no 230V getting to it. Maybe the RCD on the hookup post or house supply has tripped.
Edit: MichaelT types faster... :giggle:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If those trip switches are on, as in the photos, and they trip when the Test button is pressed, then at the very least your 230V mains sockets should be working. Have you tried the mains sockets? Maybe try switching all the trip switches, RCDs and MCBs, off and on again.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you have a Victron Smartshunt and a Cerbo GX, do you by any chance have a Victron Multiplus Inverter/charger fitted?
Edit: Sorry I missed the bit at the start of this thread that said you have a Multiplus. Sounds like it has gone into 'Charger only' mode somehow. You can reset that on the Cerbo GX display. If the 'AC mode' option doesn't appear at he bottom of the screen you are looking at, swipe left or right to view alternative screens until it shows. Then you can cycle through ON, Inverter only, Charger only and OFF.

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Show us a photo of your Hymer control panel above the habitation door (or somewhere close to that).
Thats the obvious answer to me at the moment.
May have tripped out and not turned back on.

Any electricity anywhere else that should be working now ? TV ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Show us a photo of your Hymer control panel above the habitation door (or somewhere close to that).
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been to the site facilities😀

IMG_5171.jpeg

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
If you have a Victron Smartshunt and a Cerbo GX, do you by any chance have a Victron Multiplus Inverter/charger fitted?
Edit: Sorry I missed the bit at the start of this thread that said you have a Multiplus. Sounds like it has gone into 'Charger only' mode somehow. You can reset that on the Cerbo GX display. If the 'AC mode' option doesn't appear at he bottom of the screen you are looking at, swipe left or right to view alternative screens until it shows. Then you can cycle through ON, Inverter only, Charger only and OFF.
So I changed it to charger only. Should it be something else?

I have tested the 230v sockets and they are working so that a good thing.

Just need to sort the 12v now

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Thats the obvious answer to me at the moment.
May have tripped out and not turned back on.

Any electricity anywhere else that should be working now ? TV ?

Nothing on 12v.

How do I reset the control panel?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So I changed it to charger only. Should it be something else?
Since you're on EHU I would think you can switch it to ON, ie both inverter and charger. That should get the 230V side working.

Some of the 230V might be wired so that it only works through the inverter. That's quite reasonable since when you are on EHU the inverter can work to combine with the EHU. Most inverters can't do this, but the Multiplus can.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Nothing on 12v.

How do I reset the control panel?
On your previous post second pic it shows the Multi on charger only - If you select "On" and press SET the multi will supply AC to the van (What will then work depends on how it is installed).

Battery from the previous pics (Your Romote Console V2 pic) is accepting 81amps of charge.

You have some DC loads running at 70w, so not sure what that may be if the Hymer panel is not working/on

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
On your previous post second pic it shows the Multi on charger only - If you select "On" and press SET the multi will supply AC to the van (What will then work depends on how it is installed).

Battery from the previous pics (Your Romote Console V2 pic) is accepting 81amps of charge.

You have some DC loads running at 70w, so not sure what that may be if the Hymer panel is not working/on
HYMER panel is not working. It just has a red flashing light on the display for battery levels.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
OK thats good!

On a friends Hymer with the same panel he did a reset, which I think involved turning off the main battery switch then back on then pressing the panels power button for five seconds or some similar ritual that was in his manual - Sorry can't remember the details.

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
OK thats good!

On a friends Hymer with the same panel he did a reset, which I think involved turning off the main battery switch then back on then pressing the panels power button for five seconds or some similar ritual that was in his manual - Sorry can't remember the details.
Where would I find the main battery switch?

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
OK thats good!

Is that the switch on EB?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I think the basic problem is that the Hymer panel has triggered its alarm for low battery, but can't tell that the battery is now charging because it's measuring zero amps into the battery. That's because you no longer use the EBL internal charger, and the panel is reading the amps in from the shunt that is inside the EBL.

I don't know how to reset the panel, maybe cutting all power to the EBL would do it. Maybe a fuse has blown. There is a 2A fuse near the leisure battery for the voltage sensor wires to measure the leisure battery voltage. If that fuse has blown then the EBL won't work. It's located next to the big Maxi fuse, 50A or 60A, near the leisure battery.

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
I think the basic problem is that the Hymer panel has triggered its alarm for low battery, but can't tell that the battery is now charging because it's measuring zero amps into the battery. That's because you no longer use the EBL internal charger, and the panel is reading the amps in from the shunt that is inside the EBL.

I don't know how to reset the panel, maybe cutting all power to the EBL would do it. Maybe a fuse has blown. There is a 2A fuse near the leisure battery for the voltage sensor wires to measure the leisure battery voltage. If that fuse has blown then the EBL won't work. It's located next to the big Maxi fuse, 50A or 60A, near the leisure battery.
I have just tested to fuses next to the EBL shown and they were all fine if one of those is the one you mean.

Do you know how I would cut all power to the EBL?

IMG_5178.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
CutThroatJake have you determined whether discharge is turned on in the app ?
Charge is obviously turned on as the battery is accepting a charge.
If my LifePo4 turned discharge off to protect the battery from getting too low I would have to turn it back on in the app, it won't come back on on its own just because the battery is being charged.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
If my LifePo4 turned discharge off to protect the battery from getting too low I would have to turn it back on in the app, it won't come back on on its own just because the battery is being charged.
Which is what I said earlier 😁

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Which is what I said earlier 😁
And so did I 2 pages ago lol.
I suggested he rang Vanbitz, who installed his kit, for them to talk him through accessing the app to check that discharge was on.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I have just tested to fuses next to the EBL shown and they were all fine if one of those is the one you mean.

Do you know how I would cut all power to the EBL?
Yes those were the fuses I meant. Are these near the Starter battery or the Leisure battery? These look like the Starter battery fuses - I would expect a 50A for the main power, 2A for the D+ (engine running) signal, and 20A for the and 20A for the fridge heater element. There should be another set of fuses near the other battery - at least a 50A for the main power and 2A for the voltage sensor wires.

If those fuses are all OK, then as a few have already said, could be that discharge needs to be turned on in the Battery App. If you're lucky the Hymer panel might reset itself once the 12V power comes back on.

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
I sent a picture of the BMS app to Steve at Roamer and he said all looks ok.

I’ll ask again about it just in case👍🏻

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Yes those were the fuses I meant. Are these near the Starter battery or the Leisure battery? These look like the Starter battery fuses - I would expect a 50A for the main power, 2A for the D+ (engine running) signal, and 20A for the and 20A for the fridge heater element. There should be another set of fuses near the other battery - at least a 50A for the main power and 2A for the voltage sensor wires.

If those fuses are all OK, then as a few have already said, could be that discharge needs to be turned on in the Battery App. If you're lucky the Hymer panel might reset itself once the 12V power comes back on.
I’m not sure if they are the starter battery fuses or the leisure battery ones but I’ll have look round.

The space where the inverter is now is where the leisure batteries were originally before I changed to Roamer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back