chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well we have finally got to montendre after a couple of organised detours.
You will not believe what has happened here , the service thing looks as if someone has run into it, all the motorhome signs have been taken down and a notice telling you to go to a ccp somewhere else.
Anyway we have parked there and now having a drink in the bar in my avatar.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just how ridiculous is this , no other Aire anywhere near the centre of town, the old park is empty apart from us and a french van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just how ridiculous is this , no other Aire anywhere near the centre of town, the old park is empty apart from us and a french van.
Interest in this thread seems to have gone now so won't bore you with many more posts on it but would like to say that I can't see any reason for this Aire to be shut other than to push you onto the paying one by the lake about 2 miles out of town, we stayed here on the old one last night no bother and in fact the black waste still works even though it's got a fence around it.
And why it's been completely removed from park4night I have no idea as as far as I can see there is nothing to stop you parking here.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I always follow your journeys ,and do get some ideas,so please carry on posting .
I will be heading through France next week to (y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok then, well take it from.me if you want to go that way , you can still park in the centre of town park apart from Thursdays as they hold the market there and you can unofficially empty your cassette, and there are toilets and wash basins .
But it's the park4night thing that I can't understand if somewhere closes it useuly comes up as closed not disappear all together.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Keep going ChasšŸ‘ my trip is nearly done, however if youā€™ll let me Iā€™ll keep chucking a whereā€™s this? photo just to compliment your travels
Todays is
View attachment 947148
CAB96 lets see your google lens sort this outšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Charlie's thread is about France so why keep disrupting by posting about Krautland.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Charlie's thread is about France so why keep disrupting by posting about Krautland.
I thought he was going SpainšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤” ok Iā€™ll giā€™oer, Iā€™m nearly home nowšŸ˜”

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are out in the country this morning at Julie's friends, surrounded by fields of sunflowers which seem to be the in crop this year but they have gone over now and look a bit black and it raining.
We made a decision last night to miss out the right turn when we hit Spain and head instead to southern France or maybe the top end of Spain around tossa.
We have been here a week and hardly seen any real sun so we are going for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back