Greece 2022 (2 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
After two years of cancellations due to Covid we are about to set off on this long awaited adventure.
France-Luxemburg-Switzerland-Italy-San Marino-Greece-Crete and then return. I will post updates as we progress.

We did it last year, but Patmos instead of Crete. It was all easy despite Covid.

If you need advice just ask, as I know Greece also from 30 years having a boat there.

Geoff

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Have a great trip. Having lived on Crete for 16 odd years I still have contacts at the East end of the island. Happy to put you in touch if you need help with anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
After two years of cancellations due to Covid we are about to set off on this long awaited adventure.
France-Luxemburg-Switzerland-Italy-San Marino-Greece-Crete and then return. I will post updates as we progress.
Last time we were able to do this was also in 2020 - hoping to go in September for 6 -8 weeks if husbands health allows. Meanwhile I will be living vicariously on your updates. Have a great time and a safe journey.

1651320325667.png

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks guy's, we're now at Canterbur y P&R after a good drive down from Corby. Its a beautiful day with clear blue skies and the temperature feeling g a lot higher than it actually is. A few vans here already and we're off to visit Canterbury again while it's warm and sunny. My reserve fuel light came on as I pulled into the parking bar and it looks like I have judged it to perfection.
20220430_135747.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks guy's, we're now at Canterbur y P&R after a good drive down from Corby. Its a beautiful day with clear blue skies and the temperature feeling g a lot higher than it actually is. A few vans here already and we're off to visit Canterbury again while it's warm and sunny. My reserve fuel light came on as I pulled into the parking bar and it looks like I have judged it to perfection.
View attachment 612456

Always nice to see photos of Cant P+R, as it has always seemed like one of our 'homes-from-home'

A great facility and well positioned for Ferry or Tunnel. Plus bus to all the City charity shops for Basia, while she parks me at a pub :LOL:

Also, even for an early ferry it is a comfortable run to Dover, with a stop at Tesco for a few 'last-minutes' - and diesel PhilandMena, if you can make it.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Are you in France yet? We were on Canterbury p&r last night, which Motorhome were you in ? We are just boarding now x

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Canterbury is expensive ! £17.0 for 2 small bottles of Peroni and a small plate of vegetables fried in batter and given a French sounding name so they could pile on more costs! Anyway, I'll get my own back when I climb back into my FLT shorts after invading Europe again. The museum is worth a visit with the bonus of it being free and there is some very interesting stuff to see, especially the art works. One particular piece that caught my eye was an artist expressing his humour at the UK goverment and depicted there failings as a lost crew steering a ship to its doom. It was called the ship of fools. The figurehead on the bows was a double of Maggie.

20220430_144941.jpg
20220430_144927.jpg
20220430_144913.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I was going to say the one after 6 and before 8. If you look at each post on a thread you will see at the top right hand side a hash tag followed by a number this is the post number. In post 7 I said I had just arrived at the P & R and clearly after you had departed for the ferry.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Have a good one. We love Crete. Cycled around the island many times.

We are off to Preveza on Wednesday for a months cycling holiday. Let’s hope the weather is good.

Looking forward to your experience in a MH on Crete. One for our bucket list.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
P.S. Make sure you visit Loutro and spend the night. Best kept secret. You cannot drive there. Only accessible by foot and ferry.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sorry we missed you x
Think yourself lucky you would have had the life story of his tatty old step that a lot of us have had to suffer. :rofl:

He has one redeeming feature, he can spot a one Euro bar a mile away. :giggle:
Also quite good to talk to about twitching providing he doesn't get sidetracked onto the step..

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Think yourself lucky you would have had the life story of his tatty old step that a lot of us have had to suffer. :rofl:

He has one redeeming feature, he can spot a one Euro bar a mile away. :giggle:
Also quite good to talk to about twitching providing he doesn't get sidetracked onto the step..
There you go again, slagging off my fully functional portable step which can be transferred between motorhomes and has given many, many years of fault free loyal service. You do realise your in breech of rule one by making personal insults about my equipment. Where have I heard that before?????? Anyway, man up and accept I have an AGM (a great motorhome) and unlike you don't slag it off on this forum because it has shite traction.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Envious Phil, we had a fantastic 3month trip in 2019. I think you followed our thread on here? We loved Greece and are hoping to return this September (unless we decide to “do” Croatia instead).

I’m sure your long awaited trip will be enjoyed by yourselves and us. Thanks for sharing x

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We were Due to go the same time as you but like you said covid struck. It took ages to persuade the wife to go. Now I have to start persuading her again. I hope your positive updates and photos will help.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A peaceful night's sleep but up early this morning. A walk round the car parks identified 17 moyorhomes 14 of them older than my 10 year pld Autotrail. All veterans I suspect. We have a midday crossing to Dunkerque and thought why not get down there and see if they put us on an earlier crossing. Getting through customs and boarder checks was quick and seamless, although I suspect a possibility of a further customs check at Dunkerque. We are not only in front of the wue for the midday crossing we are the only one in a que. Kettle on again.
20220501_084009.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A long day today. A very smooth crossing and no problems or checks when exiting Dunkerque Ferry Port. Fuelled with half a tank at Loon Plague at €1.85 and a long, long drive to the Bercham Aire in Luxembourg to find they had increased their prices to almost that of France at €1.84. It was on our route anyway so just took that on the chin although I am a bit surprised. We then drove south for one mote hour arriving at the Aire in Millery, on the bank of the Mosell river to be full. Not surprising really as it's on the main route south and a stunning little Aire. Not to worry, a couple of hundred meters further down the road is a large car park that is also an Aire and we're in there for the night so we can use the Bourne etc at the other official Aire tomorrow before setting off. It's 22.00 now local time so tomorrow will be a late start. Woke up this morning to a nice view outside the Hab window and it's going to be a stunning day with blue skies already this morning and the temperature slowly rising. Off for a walk with my bingo's. Mena has her morning cuppa so all is well on the happy wife, happy life front.
20220502_071617.jpg
The official Aire at Millery and the one we parked in about 2 K away.
Whoops too large to load up. Shit happens.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Good weather now and parked up just above Basel on a FLT winery listening to Keb Mo and have opened 2nd bottle of good red. I would attach pictures as very , very scenic here but too shit faced to focus. Got a Herman not too far away and a cracking coach built Hymer. Glad a spelt that right! Switzerland tomorrow. Mena says hello.
Edit. Topped up fuel in Mulhouse. 1.92. Its going up by about one cent s day now, minimum. Germany mostly 2.0 plus.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back