OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Not inside a locker on my van, but my fix for not being able to reach with the hose is a little 12v submersible pump on a bit of hose, I fill up from a water carrier on the ground with that. Works a treat. Will post a picture when I fill up later.
I do the same with a 25litre water roller.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I think I’ve PM d everyone that was asking for funnels etc. If I’ve missed anyone please message me. Had a lot all at once and lost the plot a bit.
PaulandChrissy

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Do you make one that would fit my Benimar, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Does your benimar look the same as the Burstner. If it does, I believe it’s the same.
BC85B38A-4743-4086-960D-FCCDF382BCFA.jpeg

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
If not. Have you got a picture of it. Some have this lift up flap type.
Cheers PaulandChrissy7ECC3920-212B-4444-86D1-7352303A4CE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Everyone
I’ve been asked many times if I make my funnels for the German vans that have there filler behind a locker door shown below. I have at last made one that I am happy with. If you would like one let me know or look in the classified.
The second request has been for the FAP fillers that have the lift up lid, commonly found on Mobilvetta’s and some German vans.
Pictures of both are shown below.
Hope you like them. They took me ages to get these ones right, and I have to print them in two stages.

Cheers PaulandChrissy

View attachment 646577View attachment 646578
A large regular funnel, a suitable length of pipe to fit as tightly as possible over the funnel spout, a jubilee clip or cable tie to fully secure the pipe to the spout and Bingo you have the solution! Works for me!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elldis Autoquest
Exp
Not inside a locker on my van, but my fix for not being able to reach with the hose is a little 12v submersible pump on a bit of hose, I fill up from a water carrier on the ground with that. Works a treat. Will post a picture when I fill up later.
Me too

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
I use one of these to fill up our Apache. Works very well and has an integrated gauze filter.

d

Attachments

• D4862B6A-0D0E-488D-91A2-170DCCFDAB10.png
    D4862B6A-0D0E-488D-91A2-170DCCFDAB10.png
    673.4 KB · Views: 97

minesapint

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Nice solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist. Why did someone think that putting a filler point inside a locker was a good idea?
Our Burstner has the same layout, it is an absolute pain. Far prefer the filler our Dethleff and our Hymer had on the outside of the van.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 780
Exp
Great idea Paul and Chrissy, we have had 3 Burstners all with the same filler cap issue.
I use a 10 litre watering Can if the hose will not reach, but love your design.
The big red inspection cap can leak as it has a foam seal, Burstners solution is to fit an 8mm rubber O Ring, sadly that only leaves 1/2 turn of thread holding 120 litres of water in a full tank😱
I emailed Belplast who make the caps and suggested they made the thread longer, but they sadly just ignored me.
I have an engineering background and had a friend make me a new one out of food grade nylon, now I have 2 full turns and the 8mm O Ring holding the 120 litres in the tank on roundabouts, I don’t worry any more!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
A large regular funnel, a suitable length of pipe to fit as tightly as possible over the funnel spout, a jubilee clip or cable tie to fully secure the pipe to the spout and Bingo you have the solution! Works for me!
Yes that’s what we all have used in the past but I would never go back to that after using one of Paul’s funnels.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 780
Exp
Like you I like finding solutions to poor design by people who obviously don’t use their end product, but your right it’s not ideal, but it gives you an opportunity to come up with clever solutions.
Ours is an A class, try filling the screen washer bottle, it’s set so far back, now that is truly rubbish, I think one of your funnels would be ideal for that task😉

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Here we go - orange bit is a little 12v submersible pump that gets dropped into the water carrier, I added a 12v
8509BA35-3014-4224-851D-7267BB1B5607.jpeg
socket on the side of the passenger seat base.

Saves trying to lift 25ltr of water up to filler height!

I’ve got a locker that the water carrier, and a matching grey one for grey waste, fit in perfectly - bit if you’re tight on space then a collapsible bucket would work.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
why not make 1 like this
Yep, here's my Heath robertson solution, mostly just bit's and bobs in the shed...

Though I concede Paulandcrissy's one looks the dogs watsits....:giggle:

Attachments

• DSCN6369_7reduced.JPG
    DSCN6369_7reduced.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 42
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Like when condoms were marketed in Small, medium and large, the small ones never sold at all. I can't see any woman looking at that that and thinking, "now that looks a snug fit" :oops:
There was a story going around

At the height of the cold War the Russian army put an order in with durex in the US for XL condoms , all orders from Russia had to be approved by the state department

The order was approved but with a slight modification , they were all shipped as Medium

Don't know if it was an urban myth

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Were changing our Burstner for an Adria so will see what that’s like, keep up the good ideas Paul and Chrissy👌
I don’t know which model of Adria you have bought but our Adria has a standard external fill point which can be filled with a hose pipe. Below that there is also a 12v point which you can use to fill from a container using a submergible pump (pump also supplied)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Hi Everyone
I’ve been asked many times if I make my funnels for the German vans that have there filler behind a locker door shown below. I have at last made one that I am happy with. If you would like one let me know or look in the classified.
The second request has been for the FAP fillers that have the lift up lid, commonly found on Mobilvetta’s and some German vans.
Hope you like them. They took me ages to get these ones right, and I have to print them in two stages.

Cheers PaulandChrissy

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 780
Exp
Hi it’s an Adria Supersonic, they look amazing in the blurb, and we will have a proper look at the Motorhome show later this year, thank you for the tip🤞

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Hi Everyone

Cheers PaulandChrissy

We have a German van but our filler is outside. When we don't use a hose we fill with a 90 degree joint for a domestic fall pipe available from any hardware store. The standard width of most vans is 80mm for filling. A cheap tip shown to us by some Swedish people we were wild camping next to. I don't know if this would work for all vans.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Like you I like finding solutions to poor design by people who obviously don’t use their end product, but your right it’s not ideal, but it gives you an opportunity to come up with clever solutions.
Ours is an A class, try filling the screen washer bottle, it’s set so far back, now that is truly rubbish, I think one of your funnels would be ideal for that task😉
Often thought of Washer funnels for A class Motorhomes. Will have to put some thought into that.

PaulandChrissy. 😉

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Now there’s an idea….

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back