Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It’s been a funny year so far

Missed our anniversary trip which we haven’t for many years , but we are now away 😁

Getting a new awning next week at Rose Awnings as first phase of motorhome accident repairs 👍

Saw MIL yesterday for lunch , she is improving nicely 👍

Cancer treatment starts next month 🙏👍

We are at a new to us site, those that have been may recognise the clues, I will confirm for others later 🙂

IMG_1863.jpeg
IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg

Life could be a lot worse 😁👍

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On a thread a while ago I said I might declare a weird issue of our lives this year

So here it is

May last year a piece of shit driving down our shared drive faster than I / we would like while I brought our bin in, got a piece of my advice , a minor scuffle occurred at which point POS said he was calling the police as I had assaulted him 🤔 I replied good luck with that and went back inside my house

Long story short he massively exaggerated the events , police were called via 999, police never spoke to me, I was arrested held in a cell for 12 hours, released on bail charged with assault and criminal damage 🤔😳

Pleaded not guilty , went to court last month, CPS withdrew criminal damage charge before starting , then 60 minutes in after my solicitor cross referenced his 999 call with our CCTV withdrew other charge

What a load of stress for me and my family and waste of money for the system all because they fell hook line etc for POS lies

I have to hope he will be taken back to court for wasting police time , I can’t even recover full cost of my own legal fees 🤬

Note to all, my guilt was ‘presumed’ because I didn’t call 999, I was asked when interviewed why I hadn’t , I said because nothing really happened and POS had already called, why call twice 🤔 I would next time 🙁

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
On a thread a while ago I said I might declare a weird issue of our lives this year

So here it is

May last year a piece of shit driving down our shared drive faster than I / we would like while I brought our bin in, got a piece of my advice , a minor scuffle occurred at which point POS said he was calling the police as I had assaulted him 🤔 I replied good luck with that and went back inside my house

Long story short he massively exaggerated the events , police were called via 999, police never spoke to me, I was arrested held in a cell for 12 hours, released on bail charged with assault and criminal damage 🤔😳

Pleaded not guilty , went to court last month, CPS withdrew criminal damage charge before starting , then 60 minutes in after cross referencing his 999 call with our CCTV withdrew other charge

What a load of stress for me and my family and waste of money for the system all because they fell hook line etc for POS lies

I have to hope he will be taken back to court for wasting police time , I can’t even recover full cost of my own legal fees 🤬

Note to all, my guilt was ‘presumed’ because I didn’t call 999, I was asked when interviewed why I hadn’t , I said because nothing really happened and POS had already called, why call twice 🤔 I would next time 🙁
Sorry to hear this David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would have counter sued him for at least court cost and anything else I could think of definitely.

I don’t think he will have any cash / assets, I imagine winning and getting £1 / week for rest of my life, that would be another hit below the belt

I do intend writing to the Chief Constable Derbyshire Police asking him to cover my costs as his officers acted stupidly resulting in this fiasco

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Omg David, sounds like a massive fail on the CPS & police side and major stress for Bev & yourself. Locking you up in a cell! W##

Glad nothing came of it but I'd want some explanation as to why things went as far as they did when you hear time & time again of the police not responding to serious crimes being committed.

Hope only good things come your way from now on.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I do intend writing to the Chief Constable Derbyshire Police asking him to cover my costs as his officers acted stupidly resulting in this fiasco

Don’t forget to copy in the Police & Crime Commissioner, the constabulary’s Professional Standards Department and your MP for maximum effect.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh and why don’t you invest in one of these for your local POS

Thankfully he doesn’t visit my neighbour anymore, he is a care worker, not sure why but his company don’t do the visits now

Another action I intend to take, out of spite alone, is email his employer asking them to cover my costs under their employees liability, may get nothing but the ripples I make might cost him his job 🤔👍

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

So here it is

Pleaded not guilty , went to court last month, CPS withdrew criminal damage charge before starting , then 60 minutes in after my solicitor cross referenced his 999 call with our CCTV withdrew other charge

It’s funny as I find the ones who have all the mouth are the ones that go running to the police when you square up to them🤬🤬

Hopefully they will charge him with something as it seems it has cost you and others a fair bit in time and money!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thankfully he doesn’t visit my neighbour anymore, he is a care worker, not sure why but his company don’t do the visits now
Blimey that makes it even worse, you expect people working in that sort of role to be honest, reliable & caring. Would you want him looking after one of your relatives? o_O

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You’ve had a tough time recently, hopefully more positive going forward. I know you’re annoyed at the pos but don’t let him consume you as you have far more important things to be getting on with, you can start by telling us where you are as I have no clue.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think we all got a bit distracted 😁

Broadway C&MC short walk to lovely little town with a couple of nice pubs 👍

I did think Langtoftlad Steven might have got it 👍

Still no idea where that is so will have a look, I’m guessing down the A1 😂

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I was well out I see it’s south of Birmingham, we did stay on a C&MC site south of Birmingham once as a stopover but not sure if it was this one.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our first trip this year is also to Broadway. Not ever been there before but it looks a nice Cotswold town

Paul

Amazingly the site is in flood alert this week, took a walk around local footpaths today and came across a flood alleviation lagoon that already looks very soggy

Nice town, best pub IMO The Swan 👍

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Heck David you have certainly had a rough time of it, I do hope you can have a chill out and enjoy your holiday, and karma catches up with the little ****
Best Wishes for your upcoming treatment.
Hopefully you will get your Hymer sorted to your satisfaction, I think it's definitely time for the tide to change in your direction .
I think you have certainly earned that Beer. :hugs:

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I think we all got a bit distracted 😁 and I forgot 🙄

Broadway C&MC short walk to lovely little town with a couple of nice pubs 👍

I did think Langtoftlad Steven might have got it 👍
We were there over New Year. Great place. Sadly the 3 pubs we found were all rammed and we had to drink outside. Luckily one had outdoor heaters.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate

So here it is

Same thing happened to me. But I called my local police station (it was 20years ago) and reported he had attacked me. I knew he would do the same. Result? - were both asked to attend the police station for an interview (technically under arrest, but all very civilised). We both had to attend court a few months later and were bound over to keep the peace. Financial cost - zero.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back