Finally the days of over priced motorhomes is over (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

SalopEddie

Free Member
Oct 1, 2022
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to purchase
View attachment 673128
I have a Voyager 584 looking for a new home and I must admit it’s a very pretty van.
They are also really good value for money considering Elddis are now £80k plus for certain models!!
Ticks all the boxes for me. Wife just wants to have a look around others at the NEC on 19th before we make decision. I know our local dealer also has one in now and two more due in december.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
A 4 berth moho that's almost 8M running at 3500Kg. Yeah, right. With only the driver and empty tanks and garage, possibly. Forget spare wheel, extra battery, gas bottles, Omnistor and anything to cook with. Don't know what the Ford chassis can be up-plated to.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You can plug then in either way round and leads not trailing over draws stopping you opening them and my electric bits have Schuko plugs on them. .
The plug either way round OK but don't know why that is important, second point about trailing leads I don't understand, third point OK if everything has foreign plugs on I can understand that but not for me ;)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
It is dead easy to put a 2 pin plug on your 240 volt kettle so I don't understand why you need a UK 3 pin socket on an imported MH, adding to the cost. Or, you can use a cheap UK travel adapter, as I did. What happens when you want to trade the MH in to a foreign dealer? UK 3 pin sockets aren't exactly a selling point.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Have left the German sockets on my van, swooped over the plugs on some appliances.
I prefer the German plugs as they are small and neat.
I do carry a few adaptors also just incase.

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
I have a Voyager 584 looking for a new home and I must admit it’s a very pretty van.
They are also really good value for money considering Elddis are now £80k plus for certain models!!

Had a good look at one at the weekend. No overhead clothes lockers in the rear bedroom, and hidden travel seats means no storage under there either - useless for us.
You get what you pay for.

Jun 17, 2021
Beverley, UK
Funster No
MH
Florium magister74ml
Exp
Been caravanner for over thirty years,now going to have motorhome very soon.
Markets will continue to fluctuate for ever more, this mess is a 40 year fix (country debt payments, brexit, Russia etc. etc.). Will the pound recover yes, will house prices drop who knows, but salaries will increase in the coming years, this has started already. The gap will close slightly - and mortgage rates will get back to some normality and spending will open up.

Taking to a financial advisor, they suggested a 3-4 year dip through inflation.

Anyone borrowing to survive or on a 95% mortgage or living on the line with a mortgage could be in trouble….
The normal mortgage rate for us so called baby boomers was 8.5%

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The normal mortgage rate for us so called baby boomers was 8.5%
But what was the monthly cost of an average house as a percentage of average wages that's the real cost. Also what was house price inflation in our case we paid a fair bit but made a lot more

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
look, on the classified on this site, not selling had my mh on sale,15 followers no sale.
in the end sold to dealer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back