Finally the days of over priced motorhomes is over (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it had to happen

Its started

Prices are dropping and some stuff isn't selling

Dealers stocks are getting bigger

And its only just the start

Time to keep the powder dry and grab a cheap MH next winter

I think the wait will be worth it
I have a feeling you might be right ;) the times they are a changing.

OP
OP
Monty don
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
New ones will drop
When there not selling manufacturers and dealers will deal

Just be patient its started on second hand and will follow in new

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Monty don
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
So let me get this right….

If I sell my carthago now while they’re high…….

I can soon buy a Morelo with the money when they go low….

😉 happy days!!!

Who wants it?😁😁
You may have missed the boat by a couple of months

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I was looking at changing the MH in Feb this year, things happened and I missed the boat. The MH I was looking at was around £50-52k, fast forward and they are now selling for £62-64k.
When new they where only £54k, I’m holding on until prices return to some form of normality!

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
Back motorhoming after a 6ish year break!
The current financial climate isn't affecting everyone negativity.

Where we live there is a lot of new money, we know in our friendship group a couple who have just bought an £80k van, another couple who have just bought a pricey van and another who are looking to upgrade to one that is over £100k. People are still spending.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I saw an example on the news yesterday that said an £850 a month mortgage could rise to £1400 if interest rates hit the predicted 6%

Throw in gas/electric rises and the general cost of everying increasing and its not hard to see things are going to change.

What might save motorhomes is there are no cheap holidays anymore, a friend was trying to book 3 nights in Barcelona for 2 , pre pandemic the flights were £64 return and £50 a night each would see you in a nice hotel

He's looking for October and it's coming out at £1400 for something similar

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
That's not much these days, we have just ordered a new one quite a bit over 100k and it's only a mid range van.
It the cost to change that counts.

It probably is for people in their 40's with kids, I'm not talking about retired and I'm talking buying outright.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
That's not much these days, we have just ordered a new one quite a bit over 100k and it's only a mid range van.
I thought Hymer were the mid range van and Carthago a top range van?

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
I saw an example on the news yesterday that said an £850 a month mortgage could rise to £1400 if interest rates hit the predicted 6%

Throw in gas/electric rises and the general cost of everying increasing and its not hard to see things are going to change.

What might save motorhomes is there are no cheap holidays anymore a friend was trying to book 3 nights in Barcelona for 2 , pre pandemic the flights were £64 return and £50 a night each would see you in a nice hotel

He's looking for October and it's coming out at £1400 for something similar
We are knocking the cost of package holidays off the cost of our van. We were going to Mexico in October that came out at £7k. Straight off the outlay.

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
They are only a very small percentage of the market. The bulk is still semi-retired and retired buyers.
It's probably a fast growing market, like I say there is a lot of new money around. We are in our 40's but see it in groups much younger.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Given that the value of the pound has dropped 12% against the Euro and even more against the Dollar
(The raw materials, like steel are priced in Dollars and the workmanship for the base van is mostly in Euros)
Even if the world prices had remained the same, a van in the UK would they would be at least 10% more than it was 6 months ago.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I was looking at changing the MH in Feb this year, things happened and I missed the boat. The MH I was looking at was around £50-52k, fast forward and they are now selling for £62-64k.
When new they where only £54k, I’m holding on until prices return to some form of normality!
I suspect you will be waiting a long time, as prices are not just driven by supply and demand but also material costs as well as exchange rates.

Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
The price will return to normal at some point the problem comes as to how long you wait? The financial market in the UK means that with the increases in everything we buy from loo roll to a new house our saving drop by approximately 50% every 7 years. God knows what they will drop by with the current financial fiasco that’s going on.

Jul 4, 2021
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Markets will continue to fluctuate for ever more, this mess is a 40 year fix (country debt payments, brexit, Russia etc. etc.). Will the pound recover yes, will house prices drop who knows, but salaries will increase in the coming years, this has started already. The gap will close slightly - and mortgage rates will get back to some normality and spending will open up.

Taking to a financial advisor, they suggested a 3-4 year dip through inflation.

Anyone borrowing to survive or on a 95% mortgage or living on the line with a mortgage could be in trouble….

Dave7

Free Member
Jul 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I look every day and this week prices seem to of gone up a notch from I’ve seen
New ones still rising too

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I suspect you will be waiting a long time, as prices are not just driven by supply and demand but also material costs as well as exchange rates.
No rush as the MH I have does all that we need, just fancied a change. In a way it’s helped as I will drop the money into paying off the mortgage instead and protect myself from the rising costs. Then in 12 month will be free of debit and start saving for a MH again or something else 😂

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Lenny, are you importing again or buying in UK?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Is this the same Lenny who thinks the proposed £10 a night by the NT is too much?? :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back