Falken Euroall Season Van11 tyres

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Read quite a few posts about people seriously considering these. If anyone could give me some feedback on what they think of them I'd be most grateful. I'm reluctant to go down the Michelin route having read more negative views than positive, I guess other option might be the Continental Van Contact 4Season.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Anyone in Essex/Suffolk with good deals to share on all season tyres for our Fiat Ducato based Adria .... Looking to get them replaced next year but for the right price I could be tempted to do a Billy Butlin ..... (Book early!).

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Anyone in Essex/Suffolk with good deals to share on all season tyres for our Fiat Ducato based Adria .... Looking to get them replaced next year but for the right price I could be tempted to do a Billy Butlin ..... (Book early!).
Depends on your local guys but I always do a check on blackcircles/asda tyres etc so you see whats on offer to compare.
It does depend on your chosen sizes too as whats available

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We fitted 4 x Falken All season Tyres immediately before our present trip to Europe.

2578 miles later, visiting France, Germany and Luxembourg, I would confirm that the improved ride is well worth the expense.

Sunken manholes and pot holes still “bang” on our FIAT very firm suspension but more minor Road imperfections are smoothed out enough to make our tour much more relaxing than on the “iron” Continental tyres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
I have the inflation pressure chart against rim size and load for van 11 all seasons tyres from falken if anyone wants it. mate

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
We fitted 4 x Falken All season Tyres immediately before our present trip to Europe.

2578 miles later, visiting France, Germany and Luxembourg, I would confirm that the improved ride is well worth the expense.

Sunken manholes and pot holes still “bang” on our FIAT very firm suspension but more minor Road imperfections are smoothed out enough to make our tour much more relaxing than on the “iron” Continental tyres.
Ditto we are 2500 miles in and now in Brugge, worth every penny

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I have just ordered 2x Falken Euroall Season Van 11 from Blackcircles, fitted balanced etc for £222 (£111.00 each with their 15% discount,)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504 2014
Exp
Too long
I have just ordered 2x Falken Euroall Season Van 11 from Blackcircles, fitted balanced etc for £222 (£111.00 each with their 15% discount,)
What size tyres were they as I have just checked Blackcircles website and 225/75 R16 are £142 after the discount?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
What size tyres were they as I have just checked Blackcircles website and 225/75 R16 are £142 after the discount?
I got a price for 4 that size from asda tyres, they just like blackcircles. My local garage matched it so gave them the money directly

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I still have a 15" wheel on my 2007 Ducato so, 215/70/15
I was thinking about changing to a 225 but...if it ain't broke, why change it?

As I'm only changing because of the age of the tyres, If anyone wants the 2 steel rimmed COMPLETE WHEELS (I'm also changing rims) with 6yr old Perelli CP tyres (4-5mm tread, never punctured) at £160 for both, PM me. 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Yes, we are also in Belgium at the moment. If they can make Belgian roads OK they are pure gold dust.
They reduced the rumble, if they made the silent they would be a magic carpet lol, certainly better than the old cp ones last trip

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Morning Harvey. :)

I have had Falken winter tyres previously on the front driving wheels of the Hymer, but these are All Season with the 3PMSF symbols, and meet the EU winter conditions requirements. I have no need to carry snow chains or socks, as I would just park up until the roads were cleared. ;)

I am plated at 6850Kgs but mostly running at just under 6000Kgs, with around 4000kgs on the rear, when in full holiday mode. I park up for 2 - 3 months in Spain most winters, but on the levellers where possible.

I am not one of these who subscribes to the Camper tyre theory, A, because we use our MH all year round, and B, quality commercial van tyres have the same ply and load ratings as Camper tyres, but are more reasonably priced.

HTH,

Jock. :)
Hello Jock

That's interesting what you say about commercial van tyres versus Camper tyres. We have a 3,500kg Auto-Trail with Michelin Agilis camper tyres which are now 5 years old and showing signs of cracking, so I need to change all 4 tyres. I had always camper been led to believe that camper tyres were safer?? May I ask which Falken tyre you opted for? If not camper tyres are they specifically for commercial vehicles?
Thanks in advance.
Claire

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Hello Jock

That's interesting what you say about commercial van tyres versus Camper tyres. We have a 3,500kg Auto-Trail with Michelin Agilis camper tyres which are now 5 years old and showing signs of cracking, so I need to change all 4 tyres. I had always camper been led to believe that camper tyres were safer?? May I ask which Falken tyre you opted for? If not camper tyres are they specifically for commercial vehicles?
Thanks in advance.
Claire
JockandRita
I cannot speak for jock but there are a lot of people that have opted for van tyres that match both the size and load rating fir given vehicles and apart from my own findings with the falken van 01 tyre which fir my van at the time was very soft i thought. This van and its heavier is running euro all season 11 by falken, they are a great improvement. Only thing the 80psi camper tyres are supposed to do is firm up the side walls when the camper is stood still for long periods.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Hello Jock

Thanks in advance.
Claire
You will be pleased having a good excuse to get rid of the Agilis tyres. Everyone has a view on tyres but I personally would not accept anecdotal comments as gospel. There is a difference between a C tyre and a CP tyre which relates to both the loading and side wall makeup. CP are usually designed for motorhomes as they tend to sit around for long periods.
Quite an easy process to google the difference yourself where you could get clarity from various organisations. Our is 4.5 tons and changed from the Agilis Cross climate (CP rated) to Cross Climate Camper (also a CP tyre - not Agilis). We have seen, again from a personal perspective, an improvement in ride and grip - significantly better but at a premium price.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
You will be pleased having a good excuse to get rid of the Agilis tyres. Everyone has a view on tyres but I personally would not accept anecdotal comments as gospel. There is a difference between a C tyre and a CP tyre which relates to both the loading and side wall makeup. CP are usually designed for motorhomes as they tend to sit around for long periods.
Quite an easy process to google the difference yourself where you could get clarity from various organisations. Our is 4.5 tons and changed from the Agilis Cross climate (CP rated) to Cross Climate Camper (also a CP tyre - not Agilis). We have seen, again from a personal perspective, an improvement in ride and grip - significantly better but at a premium price.
So your opening statement makes your post of no use to the op, your is anecdotal!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back