Falken Euroall Season Van11 tyres (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Read quite a few posts about people seriously considering these. If anyone could give me some feedback on what they think of them I'd be most grateful. I'm reluctant to go down the Michelin route having read more negative views than positive, I guess other option might be the Continental Van Contact 4Season.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Had some fitted to last van to replace some cp rated ones.
Just the van 2 summer ones, smoother over pot holes and speed humps etc but they had for me no where near as good at cornering When load was applied.
Used to make van feel like it was wallowing, that was with rear air fitted too, never felt like losing grip just felt like side walls had to much flex. Other peeps might have better experience with the all seasons though

Upvote 1
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
If you're looking for an all season tyre have a look at Nankang AW8's, I liked the look of the spec so plumped for them. Have done over 3000 miles with them and so far very happy.

Upvote 1
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I bought a set of Conti Vanco All Seasons at the beginning of the year replacing the original Michelins. If I'm honest, I can't really notice any difference in the performance/comfort. Perhaps I'm too undiscerning as I can't say I found the Michelins particularly terrible. Vans are going to bang on our rubbish roads whatever rubber you have IMHO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Did nearly 100,000km on the15" Conti Campers with no issues ( 2nd set on the front and original rears when I sold it) , the new MH has the 16" Michelin Agilis Campers, but with only 5,000 km and a size difference, I can´t compare, but the ride is the ride and seemed/s fine to me, I have always stuck with OE tyres on everything I have owned, that works for me.

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
Had mine fitted in March, agreed with previous comments about a bit more wallowing due to softer sidewalls.... however for me this is a small price to pay for softer ride, a lot less crashing over the smallest blemish in road surface with original Agilis CP.
Hopefully more traction when needed on wet grass etc

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
10k miles on a set. Very happy with all aspects - comfort, grip (wet and dry), noise level, wear and economy all perfectly good on a PVC at 4250KG and often at the top end of that weight.

Way, way better than the camper tyres I originally had. The Euro AllSeason Van tyres replaced Falken Wildpeak AT tyres, which I really liked but the load rating was right on the limit at 115. The Euro AllSeason Van 11 that I now have are 121.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp
since 2020
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve got Conti camper tyres and the ride is awful. Looking for something with a softer ride so your feedback is very useful.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I had Conti campers and have swapped for the Falken Allseasons Van 11 and immediately noticed an improved ride. I emailed Falken with the axle loads and they came back with a much lower pressure. Jock JockandRita recommended them to me as he has been running on them for quite a while.
garjanco has also changed over to the same tyres Neil, and is pleased with them. (y)

I am running at 4 x bar pressure all round, having also emailed Falken directly.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I’m seriously considering swapping to these as well (Falken Euroall season van 11)
I’ve had Continental 4season’s since Jan 2018 and whilst they’ve been great for a quiet comfortable ride and grip on wet grass, they’ve all suffered from side wall cracking.
The first to crack was a front one, 2-3 years in and Continental replaced it, though I doubt they’d be so accommodating at over six years old now. The two rears are a bit worrying just now.
Any negative comments on the Falken ?
IMG_0886.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I’m seriously considering swapping to these as well (Falken Euroall season van 11)
I’ve had Continental 4season’s since Jan 2018 and whilst they’ve been great for a quiet comfortable ride and grip on wet grass, they’ve all suffered from side wall cracking.
The first to crack was a front one, 2-3 years in and Continental replaced it, though I doubt they’d be so accommodating at over six years old now. The two rears are a bit worrying just now.
Any negative comments on the Falken ?View attachment 904873
Looking at that side walk id be changing it soon. Thats shocking for a major tyre company

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
For information Falken recommended running the tyres at the following pressures:-
Front 1550 kg axle load - 3•0 bar
Rear 2050 kg axle load - 4•1 bar
Knowing my exact axle weights I ran the Continentals above (post #15) at the recommended by them pressures. Similar to what Falken have recommended for yours.
I always thought they looked a little on the soft side and wonder if the cracking was caused by excessive flexing of the side wall.

Upvote 1

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Had mine fitted in March, agreed with previous comments about a bit more wallowing due to softer sidewalls.... however for me this is a small price to pay for softer ride, a lot less crashing over the smallest blemish in road surface with original Agilis CP.
Hopefully more traction when needed on wet grass etc
What he said ☝️

We changed from Michelin Agilis CP to Falken Euroall season van 11 a few weeks ago, all positive so far. Glad we had them on instead of the previous boots for some recent wet grass/mud action in Swaffham and Devon, escaped both without so much as a wheelspin.

Upvote 0
Jun 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Overcab coachbuilt
Exp
20yrs
Read quite a few posts about people seriously considering these. If anyone could give me some feedback on what they think of them I'd be most grateful. I'm reluctant to go down the Michelin route having read more negative views than positive, I guess other option might be the Continental Van Contact 4Season.
Replaced michelin camper tyres with them a few months ago,best thing i ever did, felt like the camper tyres were shaking the van to pieces!

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
Just switched to Falkens and done 700 miles on them so far, loads better than than the camper tyres I had but would probably say that about any van tyre. Michelin CP's were just showing signs of cracking no risks taken binned them and dont regret choice so far(y)

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
None from me, and I'm 4 .5 years down the road with my Falkens. (y)

Cheers,

What weight are you running at Jock?

I need some new boots as mine are coming up on five years old now.

I’m seven tons running weight and a good five on the rear axle. We also park up for a few months in Spain, which concerns me not being CP tyres.

Also, are these are a winter tyre?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
What weight are you running at Jock?

I need some new boots as mine are coming up on five years old now.

I’m seven tons running weight and a good five on the rear axle. We also park up for a few months in Spain, which concerns me not being CP tyres.

Also, are these are a winter tyre?

Thanks!
Morning Harvey. :)

I have had Falken winter tyres previously on the front driving wheels of the Hymer, but these are All Season with the 3PMSF symbols, and meet the EU winter conditions requirements. I have no need to carry snow chains or socks, as I would just park up until the roads were cleared. ;)

I am plated at 6850Kgs but mostly running at just under 6000Kgs, with around 4000kgs on the rear, when in full holiday mode. I park up for 2 - 3 months in Spain most winters, but on the levellers where possible.

I am not one of these who subscribes to the Camper tyre theory, A, because we use our MH all year round, and B, quality commercial van tyres have the same ply and load ratings as Camper tyres, but are more reasonably priced.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Any negative comments on the Falken ?View attachment 904873
Looking at those splits I'd be taking the wheels off and to tyre place in the car

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Morning Harvey. :)

I have had Falken winter tyres previously on the front driving wheels of the Hymer, but these are All Season with the 3PMSF symbols, and meet the EU winter conditions requirements. I have no need to carry snow chains or socks, as I would just park up until the roads were cleared. ;)

I am plated at 6850Kgs but mostly running at just under 6000Kgs, with around 4000kgs on the rear, when in full holiday mode. I park up for 2 - 3 months in Spain most winters, but on the levellers where possible.

I am not one of these who subscribes to the Camper tyre theory, A, because we use our MH all year round, and B, quality commercial van tyres have the same ply and load ratings as Camper tyres, but are more reasonably priced.

HTH,

Thanks Jock, very useful information…

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
I’ve recently had cp tyre changed to all season Nankang AW8, I emailed the nankang for correct tyres pressure for my axle’s weight but they wouldn’t recommend a suitable pressure? . So I look on web and used tyre safe pressure calculator ,
1850 front axle 54psi.
2400 rear axle 75psi .
Put van in for service/cam belt .
And fiat professional garage put 79.9psi all round. Journey home was a really bone shaker . 😬. I asked garage and they said they use recommended pressure by manufacturer. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back