Falken Euroall Season Van11 tyres (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Read quite a few posts about people seriously considering these. If anyone could give me some feedback on what they think of them I'd be most grateful. I'm reluctant to go down the Michelin route having read more negative views than positive, I guess other option might be the Continental Van Contact 4Season.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I’ve recently had cp tyre changed to all season Nankang AW8, I emailed the nankang for correct tyres pressure for my axle’s weight but they wouldn’t recommend a suitable pressure? . So I look on web and used tyre safe pressure calculator ,
1850 front axle 54psi.
2400 rear axle 75psi .
Put van in for service/cam belt .
And fiat professional garage put 79.9psi all round. Journey home was a really bone shaker . 😬. I asked garage and they said they use recommended pressure by manufacturer. 🤷‍♂️
Which manufacturer, tyre, base van, motorhome?

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Apologies, on reflection I wasn’t clear. I was curious as to which manufacturer’s recommendation the tyre fitters were apparently following?
That was my thoughts too Daz. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be sticking with the pressures by email from Falken, for the given axle weights and twin rear wheels.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I followed the Continental pressures using their chart for our known, weighed by SVTech twice, axle weights and always thought they were a little under inflated, by looks. The side wall cracks maybe the result.
IMG_0887.jpeg

This time with the new tyres I’ll be guided by Falken but make sure they look right as well.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Apologies, on reflection I wasn’t clear. I was curious as to which manufacturer’s recommendation the tyre fitters were apparently following?
Sorry late reply been driving to local tip .
New wheels /Tyres was an on purchase online so came fully balanced and fitted .
Nankang manufacturers wouldn’t recommend pressure for there tyres.?
Fiat professional was going by recommended plate in motorhome .

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry late reply been driving to local tip .
New wheels /Tyres was an on purchase online so came fully balanced and fitted .
Nankang manufacturers wouldn’t recommend pressure for there tyres.?
Fiat professional was going by recommended plate in motorhome .
Was that recommendation for CP tyres by any chance?
In our Hymer Operators Manual, the tyre pressures were 5.0 bar of the front and 5.5 bar for the rears, (tandem axles) for both CP tyres and C tyres.
The ride was blooming awful, and as the originals were Goodyear Cargos direct from the factrory, (not CPs), I got in touch with them re pressures. Much less than those Hymer were recommending. Who's right? 🤷‍♂️ I go with the tyre manufacturers pressures for the given axle weights everytime. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
I’m seriously considering swapping to these as well (Falken Euroall season van 11)
I’ve had Continental 4season’s since Jan 2018 and whilst they’ve been great for a quiet comfortable ride and grip on wet grass, they’ve all suffered from side wall cracking.
The first to crack was a front one, 2-3 years in and Continental replaced it, though I doubt they’d be so accommodating at over six years old now. The two rears are a bit worrying just now.
Any negative comments on the Falken ?View attachment 904873
Gosh Hettie's Crew, is that the non camper ones? If so, I was looking at getting these myself🙀. Had read this kind of stuff re the Michelins but that’s the first I’ve seen re the Conti Van Contact 4 Seasons.
I took my van to 2 different places for a tyre health check, the rears on mines are dated 2020 but it was the fronts I was interested in hearing about as they are 9 & 10 years old respectively - both standard continental van contact tyres.
Both places told me they were fine which I was kind of surprised/shocked at as I thought the age alone would have been a red flag for them.
I’m looking at replacing all 6 of mines with non Camper All Seasons, until now it was between the Michelins and Conti’s…..but now I’m not so sure.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Gosh Hettie's Crew, is that the non camper ones? If so, I was looking at getting these myself🙀. Had read this kind of stuff re the Michelins but that’s the first I’ve seen re the Conti Van Contact 4 Seasons.
I took my van to 2 different places for a tyre health check, the rears on mines are dated 2020 but it was the fronts I was interested in hearing about as they are 9 & 10 years old respectively - both standard continental van contact tyres.
Both places told me they were fine which I was kind of surprised/shocked at as I thought the age alone would have been a red flag for them.
I’m looking at replacing all 6 of mines with non Camper All Seasons, until now it was between the Michelins and Conti’s…..but now I’m not so sure.
Yes, none Camper.
Well it’s put me off, I’ve always liked Continental and when the first one, front left went after 2-3 years I just thought it’s a one off. Continental compensated for it, then the rears started 1-2 years ago, just slightly but getting worse now. The front right is also cracked but not as bad as the rears. The photo is the rear left, the rear right just the same. The cracking is the full circumference of the tyre, I’ve not looked at the inside wall.
They’re all dated towards the end 2017 and fitted Jan 2018.
The only good is the front left that was the spare, it’s been on since the first one went.
I ran them at exactly the pressures advised by Continental.
I’m now going to give the Falken’s a go, they come with a 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
70s camper,Weinsberg
Running these on our works T6.1 with over 70k in 2 years, bought a spare rim and had one fitted for our motorhome with the idea of fitting all four before our next trip. Two reasons the grip on the van in the wet and the ease of getting them at euromaster abroad.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, none Camper.
Well it’s put me off, I’ve always liked Continental and when the first one, front left went after 2-3 years I just thought it’s a one off. Continental compensated for it, then the rears started 1-2 years ago, just slightly but getting worse now. The front right is also cracked but not as bad as the rears. The photo is the rear left, the rear right just the same. The cracking is the full circumference of the tyre, I’ve not looked at the inside wall.
They’re all dated towards the end 2017 and fitted Jan 2018.
The only good is the front left that was the spare, it’s been on since the first one went.
I ran them at exactly the pressures advised by Continental.
I’m now going to give the Falken’s a go, they come with a 5 year warranty.
That’s not so good, think I’ll give them a pass too. Strange how in some cases the Michelins do the same….not what you’d expect from these manufacturers. Even stranger that my standard front conti’s are 10 odd years with no cracks.
Where do you need to buy the Falken’s in order to get the warranty?

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
That’s not so good, think I’ll give them a pass too. Strange how in some cases the Michelins do the same….not what you’d expect from these manufacturers. Even stranger that my standard front conti’s are 10 odd years with no cracks.
Where do you need to buy the Falken’s in order to get the warranty?
It says on their website that the five year warranty is from fitting date with the original receipt or from date of manufacture without receipt. I priced up a set on Black Circles then asked my local tyre place if they could source them.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
It says on their website that the five year warranty is from fitting date with the original receipt or from date of manufacture without receipt. I priced up a set on Black Circles then asked my local tyre place if they could source them.
Fab, i take a look.
Thanks🙏🏼

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Excellent, I’ve just had ours fitted today 👍
The lads in the fitters were impressed with the HPC jacks so they didn’t have to use theirs.
Never liked the way some tyre fitters jack just one corner up fully in so twisting the chassis.
What the tyres like as im between these and the aw8 by nagkang

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Excellent, I’ve just had ours fitted today 👍
The lads in the fitters were impressed with the HPC jacks so they didn’t have to use theirs.
Phoned the garage today to let them know that I have a motorhome, not a Ducato van. He said that will be OK. I also mentioned the jacks and he said that sounds good!

Upvote 0

Jim Schush

Free Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
We are also considering replacing our Michelin Camper tyres which are 225 75 R16 116 with the Falken EuroAll season.

I have found them online at about £130 each inc fitting. The only issue is I’m not sure on is the load rating on the Falken are 121/120.
Our van is plated at 3850kg, can I ask if the higher load rating would put people off these tyres and would it make the ride hard?
The Falken is available with a lower load rating however the tyres are circa £170 each.
Any assistance would be welcomed.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
If you know your axil weights use the link from peterc10 in post#45 above and you will see what pressure they need to be.
Cannot see them being harder ride than camper tyres at 80 psi

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Had mine booked in to have all 5 Falkens fitted on Thurs but cancelled today as it's a Peugeot Boxer '68 plate and read lots of issues with the TPMS alarm trigger point when reducing tyre pressures from original setting.

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
Had mine booked in to have all 5 Falkens fitted on Thurs but cancelled today as it's a Peugeot Boxer '68 plate and read lots of issues with the TPMS alarm trigger point when reducing tyre pressures from original setting.
multiecuscan software obd reader with yellow cable and a windows laptop will sort that.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
multiecuscan software obd reader with yellow cable and a windows laptop will sort that.
Is that from experience for a Peugeot Boxer 2018 onwards?

"2018-2023 MODELS WARNING: Some 2018+ vehicles have a "security gateway" module (SGW). The SGW module blocks any diagnostic tool from executing commands on the vehicle (like actuators, procedures and even clearing of DTCs). It is not possible to unlock the SGW module with Multiecuscan."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Where are people getting a price for these..? I can only find them for around £170…🤔
Black Circles were £126 for my 225/70 15 size and my local tyre place sourced them for £125 each, fitted, balanced and old ones disposed of. Tyres have always been different prices according to size though.
My Tyres said £106 but limited stock.

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We are also considering replacing our Michelin Camper tyres which are 225 75 R16 116 with the Falken EuroAll season.

I have found them online at about £130 each inc fitting. The only issue is I’m not sure on is the load rating on the Falken are 121/120.
Our van is plated at 3850kg, can I ask if the higher load rating would put people off these tyres and would it make the ride hard?
The Falken is available with a lower load rating however the tyres are circa £170 each.
Any assistance would be welcomed.
Our van is rated at 3500kg, which came with 225 75 R16 Michelin Agilis CP tyres. We recently changed these to the Falken Euroall Season 120/121 tyres. After a couple of jaunts to Norfolk and Devon, for us they definitely have a much nicer and less harsh ride in comparison to the previous tyres. Plus being on overrated tyres for the load, hopefully there’s a bit of extra resilience there. ;)

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Where are people getting a price for these..? I can only find them for around £170…🤔
Ours came from a local tyre fitter which is now part of the ProTyre group…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back