Email from Popit regarding roaming (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's now ÂŁ1.60 and still shows on their website and my account. So I believe it's still available. I've asked their customer services to confirm.
I can't see it on my account (app or browser) and likewise I can't see the roaming compliance figure either.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I can't see it on my account (app or browser) and likewise I can't see the roaming compliance figure either.
Just had this confirmation back from popit. Looks like it's time to cancel. Tesco mobile PAYG with 100gb Rocket pack may be this year's solution.

"Hi, the on hold will not be available as of now. Due to the changes to the EU roaming this is no longer viable. you can drop this to the lowest calls and texts only. We are looking at the pay per use as the same thing as on hold but a package so you can change up and down as required but only on the billing date.

as you can imagine there is still a lot of re thinking now they have changed it only matter of 3 days ago with no notice."

Regards

Support

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We ported both of our numbers to Popit as over the course of a year with roaming it worked out the best option for us.
Looks like we are stuck with it until we return home from our current trip.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Final update from Popit customer services explaining why I am still on the ÂŁ1.60 "Hold" sub.

As you are on hold at the moment, your on hold cost will still continue, which will be charged at your next billing date on October 21, 2024.

However, once you decide to reactivate, you will no longer be able to place it on hold.

Kind regards,
Support

That's two personal responses since they opened their Customer Services this morning - how refreshing!

As I don't need the router sim until December I'm going to sit and spectate developments up to 21 October. If they haven't got a suitable new plan I'll cancel and move to Tesco PAYG 100gb "Rocket" pack which suits our winter holiday timetable. ÂŁ30 a month for 100 Gb is fair enough and a UK phone sim so no VPN needed. Well that's 2025 sorted but Tesco's offer is only until 2026, so back on the merry go round then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Just had this confirmation back from popit. Looks like it's time to cancel. Tesco mobile PAYG with 100gb Rocket pack may be this year's solution.

"Hi, the on hold will not be available as of now. Due to the changes to the EU roaming this is no longer viable. you can drop this to the lowest calls and texts only. We are looking at the pay per use as the same thing as on hold but a package so you can change up and down as required but only on the billing date.

as you can imagine there is still a lot of re thinking now they have changed it only matter of 3 days ago with no notice."

Regards

Support
Please see previous posts regarding TESCOMOBILE......đź‘Ť

Cheers

Jul 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
Thank you for info on "HFH" clause.
When I asked specifically in the Tescomobile shop both staff failed to mention this clause and I stated the very fact of being away for 90 days.

So basically 60 days out of 90 when EU.
Then we will use the balance of data off the other sims we have.
Mind you if you are travelling you shouldn't be fretting about data and tv etc.......because there's enough to see and do anyway......

Cheers🍻
Yes I agree - but the Tennis has to be available!!

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Nope. It is a failure of our government to enact legislation to continue the roaming arrangement when we are in EU territories.

This was in the news at least a couple of years ago, so not new.

Nothing to do with Brexit.
You are of course correct. But unfortunately when it comes to Brexit it’s all about the sun shining out of its backside. The truth is irrelevant.
The fact is that the world moves on.
Just like I’d like to go back to a simpler time before the common market. It’s not going to happen. I can accept that. Unfortunately some still can’t accept and move on
Of course it's Brexit otherwise we would have the same rights as before.
Contracts and terms and conditions change all the time they have also changed in Europe since and many people also know that a sim in France or Spain for example has now got the same sort of restrictions as we have here. Has Starlinks new terms got anything to do with Brexit? Of course it hasn’t but how long before that gets lumped in as well
Previous simple example
IMG_5848.jpeg

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
One further bit of information from the very helpful Popit Customer Services.

If your account is, like mine, "On Hold" at ÂŁ1.60 per month, you can keep it "On Hold" as long as you want. This gives those of us "On HOLD" the time to see if Popit come up with a new EU roaming offer or not in the next couple of months. I'm waiting and if nothing is offered will cancel my account and move to Tesco Mobile PAYG 100 Gb sim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back