May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Well that was good timing. The delta 2 has now increased to £679 at Costco. 😳😳
Sorry you missed it :( the Costco price was only valid until the 7th July - the adverts in posts #10 and #64 did both show that :(
The good news is that they sometimes have the same things coming around on offer again in a few months time....so keep an eye on the website and warehouse offers just in case.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Sorry you missed it :( the Costco price was only valid until the 7th July - the adverts in posts #10 and #64 did both show that :(
The good news is that they sometimes have the same things coming around on offer again in a few months time....so keep an eye on the website and warehouse offers just in case.
Sorry if it wasn’t clear. Timing was ok for me.

I ordered one last week (#75) and it arrived today. At the £599 price. So just made it in time 👍👍🥳🥳

Just need the card now to fill up with. Been in to the store today but their card machine is not working 🥲🥲

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
They must be getting more popular now as loads of places are advertising them ,then when you get there it says out of stock and this includes the other makes not just ecoflo
Think it’s the flexibility that works for many.
Will give it a test this weekend as thinking of a few days away.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Sorry if it wasn’t clear. Timing was ok for me.

I ordered one last week (#75) and it arrived today. At the £599 price. So just made it in time 👍👍🥳🥳

Just need the card now to fill up with. Been in to the store today but their card machine is not working 🥲🥲
Glad to hear it 😌

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
In positive that may have saved you a few hundred quid -> unless they let you shop without the card?

I'm off for our quarterly costco run tommorow -> need ALL the essentials, ALL in bulk, have possily 2 trolleys to fit in car.
All I know is it won't be under £300 and thats IF I don't get distracted by the electricals section.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
In positive that may have saved you a few hundred quid -> unless they let you shop without the card?

I'm off for our quarterly costco run tommorow -> need ALL the essentials, ALL in bulk, have possily 2 trolleys to fit in car.
All I know is it won't be under £300 and thats IF I don't get distracted by the electricals section.
Yep, keep getting told that from others. My son said he is glad he is only able to borrow a card every few months otherwise he would be skint 🥲😂

So when I was in, they said I was allowed a second card. So have added my son for that one. When they get their card machine sorted. Glad it’s only 12 miles away.
Noticed the diesel at £141.9. Nearby Tesco is £146.9. So a nice potential saving there too.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Yep, keep getting told that from others. My son said he is glad he is only able to borrow a card every few months otherwise he would be skint 🥲😂

So when I was in, they said I was allowed a second card. So have added my son for that one. When they get their card machine sorted. Glad it’s only 12 miles away.
Noticed the diesel at £141.9. Nearby Tesco is £146.9. So a nice potential saving there too.
Could they not sort out your virtual card (in the app) in the meantime? I don't think you can use it in the petrol station, but it works fine in the store.

We live less than 5 miles from our nearest one (which doesn't have a petrol station, and our car's electric anyway) so we can't even offset our spending with cheaper fuel. Just have to be strong ;)

One thing I've found is that whilst all Costcos are very similar in terms of layout, sometimes they have slightly different policies. For example in the tyre bay: our nearest one won't fit tyres on the MH because its too big for their ramps and the warehouse manager won't allow them to use jacks in the car park. But the next nearest one (16 miles away) has no issues working on it in the car park 🤷‍♀️

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Could they not sort out your virtual card (in the app) in the meantime? I don't think you can use it in the petrol station, but it works fine in the store.

We live less than 5 miles from our nearest one (which doesn't have a petrol station, and our car's electric anyway) so we can't even offset our spending with cheaper fuel. Just have to be strong ;)

One thing I've found is that whilst all Costcos are very similar in terms of layout, sometimes they have slightly different policies. For example in the tyre bay: our nearest one won't fit tyres on the MH because its too big for their ramps and the warehouse manager won't allow them to use jacks in the car park. But the next nearest one (16 miles away) has no issues working on it in the car park 🤷‍♀️
They didn’t mention the digital card. Will check it out as could be a good interim solution.
Thanks 👍👍

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Keep an eye on AMazon in a week, Usually Ecoflow do "specials" for the two times yearly big Amazon "days", so Black Friday and the 15-17th July period.
I should say last year it was cheaper in the July period, I ended up buying mine (still cheap) from the Black Friday deals. We had only had the motorhome a month in July so hadn't experienced any "lack of solar" so our existing (smaller) Allpowers unit hadn't been tested with Autumn weather. Effectively we didn't know we needed it, and it wasn't until winter we knew we also ideally wanted to power toasters and things like that off grid too.

Since we upgraded the panels on the Delta2 from 100W to 200W ... we are pulling 20-40W in even on murky rainy days which IS a lot better than we managed on the 100W panels. I would comment the ecoflow Delta2 seems "best" paired with 200W-400W of solar, as its "minimum generation" seems to be 15W, ie, if you can't get 15W out of the panels it won't register as generating. ie, if making a choice on what solar array to buy, buy a minimum of 200W foldable (they take the same space as 100W typically anyhow).

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
So a delta 2 at home as a stand by. What would it actually run and for how long? I would be looking at an American style fridge freezer some lights and a TV/ thanks.
Depends how much solar you have connected and how sunny it is.
Ours (in the van) with no solar will run all our optional domestic loads for about 5 days (ie, tv (24"), charging all our devices including laptop and ipads). Thats without any solar or charging in play.

Our main TV (in house, 65") it says it'll run for about 10 hours at home when I connected it... and our fridge it'll run for 4 hours. (with no solar). However, the 400W of solar it supports means in daytime it could in effect run all of above indefnitely.

Fridge Freezers reemmber don't ened to be on all the time, they just need a boost ever now and then until they start cycling.

I look at ours more as seeing us through power outages, and yes, we have boosted the fridge for medication when we have been off gird, but only for an hour or two to re-chill the cold it lost when we had an 8 hour outage.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Been looking at these things for a while now, is it any good? Looks to be a good price unless you know better.

Don’t know if you read this one that Jim created, it may not be relevant or useful but on the other hand it may be https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/portable-power-suppies-for-motorhomes/

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Thanks for that.
Remember a freezer lasts ~ 24 hours in general before needing a top up too. So if it's sunny in effect you could keep a freezer frozen near indefinitely for sure.

And as mentioned in this thread, we get a lot of power outages here, last was only this week where entire neighboorhood was out for 3 hours. Without our Delta2 in the house, yes we'd have internet but we couldn't put the telly on (we have our Internet on a old-school lead acid APC ups, which does about 4 hours of outage). The Delta range is actually better than UPS's and I'm considering actually having a delta2 (in UPS mode) ahead of the APC .. the switch of the Delta2 wouldn't keep the internet up seemlessly, but the UPS would ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm looking at getting a small capacity one to power a guitar amp speaker and mixer off grid. Has anyone used one for something similar is the power clean enough

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I'm looking at getting a small capacity one to power a guitar amp speaker and mixer off grid. Has anyone used one for something similar is the power clean enough
I've used mine with soem audio gear (Focusrite interface) just fine however these are powered off USB from a computer (which is via the ecoflow). It's pure sine so should be fine in theory, but we got no audio nasties via the mic when on the ecoflow.

Can't guarantee anything, but they are certainally a better quality inverter than the allpowers which DID introduce noise when powering laptop with focusrite ...

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Been looking at WAVE2 aircon which , ideally , would require a power supply .
Expensive yes but living in a tin box in , for example , southern Spain maybe worthwhile .
Anybody got one ?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Keep an eye on AMazon in a week, Usually Ecoflow do "specials" for the two times yearly big Amazon "days", so Black Friday and the 15-17th July period.

Which one did you go for as I’m getting close.👍
Delta 2 £599 a third of what they were a couple of months ago.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
just waiting on the solar panel deal now. The amazon prime deal is more expensive than the Costco deal. Just unfortunately Costo are out of stock.

no rush though.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
So,
managed to blow my 10 amp fuse on the consumer unit under the passenger seat charging the delta 2 at 8 amps
Fuse changed and all good, but charging at 4 amps is sloooow.
My delta 2 sits next to my two ecotree lithium 110 batteries and was wondering how hard it would be to put a cigarette socket wired directly to the battery terminals that was capable of charging at 8 amps without heating up or blowing a possible inline fuse (observing the unit this is approx 90 watts).
Does anybody have any idea what kind of socket I would need and where to get it.
I have a victron mppt controller connected to the battery to re-charge them from the 100 watt panel on the roof.
Hoping that this is an easy diy solution.

Cheers

Graydo

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
So,
managed to blow my 10 amp fuse on the consumer unit under the passenger seat charging the delta 2 at 8 amps
Fuse changed and all good, but charging at 4 amps is sloooow.
My delta 2 sits next to my two ecotree lithium 110 batteries and was wondering how hard it would be to put a cigarette socket wired directly to the battery terminals that was capable of charging at 8 amps without heating up or blowing a possible inline fuse (observing the unit this is approx 90 watts).
Does anybody have any idea what kind of socket I would need and where to get it.
I have a victron mppt controller connected to the battery to re-charge them from the 100 watt panel on the roof.
Hoping that this is an easy diy solution.

Cheers

Graydo
YOu can get crocodile clip to cigarette connector premade cables, and an inline fuse holder (you put on positive wire only) is about 3 quid from screwfix + screw. Add a soldering iron and some shirnk wrap sleeve and bob is your proverbial uncle. It'll cost about £8 total (assuming you have a soldering iron and some shrink wrap for cables already). (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25513260...pid=5339023013&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1 for the croc clips to cig socket premade). It looks liek it'll handle 8a, but you will need to inspect the cable used to check on arrival.

Obviously you'll need to fuse for whatever quality wire is in the premade cable (online cable calculators to work out if it can take 8A or not from the diameter/construction of cable).

Should add I'd proably drop the croc clip end connectors and replace with proper ring/appropriate terminals for your battery if it's a perm socket you install somewhere too).

Should add though in HEAVY use, you may be better buying a seperate 200W solar panel, we've found 100W does not cope with recharging a deltra 2 after a few inclemant days.. Despite your huge lithium reserves, ... a 200W foldable may be better as even in relatively rubbish weather like today where it's been cloudy most of day we've been pullling in 50W near all day. These are actually not too expensive but the raw copper cable to extend the cable to the van if you need it (decent quality long MC4 cables) are about 20-30quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back