Rally Easter at Avon Bank Meadows, Wyre Piddle, Pershore, 4th April - 11th April 2023 (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thank you Emmit I was unsure how many cancellations there would be - we had considered The Rally at Quackers place at Old Sodbury but we really wanted adult only. I will message RiverbankAnnie and see what it’s all about. Lovely to speak to you and hopefully we will meet up soon. best regards Jackie and Steven.
I can assure you that on a fun rally the adults are far more unruley than any children that may attend.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We stayed at quakers last year, it is a fantastic site, and the owners are fantastic. A little way out, but would go there again (but not this Easter, as at Avon bank!)
Was it the Site, or the Owners who were, "A little way out." :giggle:

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Was it the Site, or the Owners who were, "A little way out." :giggle:
Donald Trump No Comment GIF

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you Emmit I was unsure how many cancellations there would be - we had considered The Rally at Quackers place at Old Sodbury but we really wanted adult only. I will message RiverbankAnnie and see what it’s all about. Lovely to speak to you and hopefully we will meet up soon. best regards Jackie and Steven.
To save disrupting Emmit ’s rally thread any further, I will message you. 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Morning,

For those Funsters who have never been to Avon Bank, I reproduce, (by kind permission of Grumps 147)
a guide to getting into Wyre Piddle. It is necessary to follow this route because, at the Eastern end of the
village, a bridge over the railway line is deemed not strong enough to carry traffic.

For those of you who are approaching the village from Pershore, you will be coming up to the roundabout
timed at 1 min 20secs. from the right.

I would add that, when approaching the medieval cross in the centre of the village, there will be a small
Motorhome Home sign on a post when approaching.

Further, at 4mins 10 secs, you see our glamorous assistants beckoning you into their lair. This vid. was
produced before we altered the place of welcome.

We would appreciate you continuing on along the gravel road to where there is a conifer hedge on the right.
We will welcome you there and show you to your pitch.

Regards
Emmit

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Morning All,

I have been in Conversation with the owners of Avon Bank.

The ground, following yet another night of downpour at Pershore, is not fit for use.
This is frustrating because, going forward, the weather at Pershore is
very good with the Sun forecast every day from now on and no sign of rain going forward.

Therefore, we have decided initially to postpone the Arrival Day for Avon Bank from
Tuesday 4th to Friday 7th April with an arrival time, as usual being 12.00noon.

A decision will be made on Tuesday/Wednesday as to whether, (no pun intended) the
field is fit for us to arrive.

Naturally we are disappointed to give you this news however, having spoken to Lisa,
we have negotiated that we can extend the end date of the Rally. I appreciate that this
may not fit into everyone's plans and, if as a result of the above information, you decide
not to attend the rally, arrangements will be made for the return of your monies.

Obviously there may be be monies to be returned as a result of this news. With your permission
I will deal with this after the decision has been made next Tuesday/Wednesday.

Regards

Derek

Mar 21, 2023
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 115
Exp
We’re newbies
Good Morning All,

The ground, following yet another night of downpour at Pershore, is not fit for use.
very good with the Sun forecast every day from now on and no sign of rain going forward.

Therefore, we have decided initially to postpone the Arrival Day for Avon Bank from

A decision will be made on Tuesday/Wednesday as to whether, (no pun intended) the

Naturally we are disappointed to give you this news however, having spoken to Lisa,
we have negotiated that we can extend the end date of the Rally. I appreciate that this
may not fit into everyone's plans and, if as a result of the above information, you decide
not to attend the rally, arrangements will be made for the return of your monies.

Obviously there may be be monies to be returned as a result of this news. With your permission

Regards

Derek
Hi Derek - so sorry to hear about the change of plans and the inconvenience when everyone has made preparations. If by any chance you have a spare pitch if only for a few days could we be considered to go on the cancellation reserve list please. We are totally flexible on times. thank you so much J&S

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Not good news Derek, was really looking forward to this too. We are only booked in for 6 nights so to only have 3 nights would be no good to us unfortunately. Thanks.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Was it just me that hesitated a bit when I saw this, given the date??????

But then I thought, no Mary would not let him do that to us. :rofl: :rofl:
You were definitely not alone Peter - but then I thought he couldn’t be that mean, and if he is, like you I thought he’d be too scared of Mary … :rofl:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Was it just me that hesitated a bit when I saw this, given the date??????

But then I thought, no Mary would not let him do that to us. :rofl: :rofl:
Never gave that a thought Peter.
Just to reinforce, THIS IS NOT A WIND UP!

I have to say I am surprised at the lack of response on here but hey! Ho!

Dandm

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 12, 2020
Rochester, Kent
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron 46
Exp
Since 2019
Good Morning All,

Regards

Derek
Hi Derek,

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately we have decided to cancel.

Best regards

Dave

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Good Morning All,

Regards

Derek
Hi .sorry we can't make the changed dates so can I have a full refund please thank you. Pam and mick turley x

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Not surprised, given the rain, my daughters house was nearly flooded last night, we hope to make the full 7 nights going on after.

Screenshot_20230331_193939_com.hikvision.hikconnect.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are OK for the Friday Derek.
Also mum’s appointment has been moved to Wednesday, so we can now stay until Tuesday. 👍

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Good Morning All,

Regards

Derek
Bumped for Emmit

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Afternoon,

With regret, (you know what's coming!)

I have spoken with the owners at Avon Bank this morning and we have been
informed that the Rally Field, whilst in a better state than it was a few days ago,
is not fit to accept motor vehicles of any description.

The CL still has standing water on it and the Rally field is soft, getting worse
as one walks to the back from the river.

Therefore the Rally is cancelled.

I will add that I have attempted to find an alternative date for a rally at Avon Bank, but,
such is the popularity of the venue, we couldn't be accommodated.

Thank you for your support going forward and your understanding regarding this situation.

Kindest Regards

The Emmits, Derek and Mary

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Good Afternoon,

With regret, (you know what's coming!)

I have spoken with the owners at Avon Bank this morning and we have been
informed that the Rally Field, whilst in a better state than it was a few days ago,
is not fit to accept motor vehicles of any description.

The CL still has standing water on it and the Rally field is soft, getting worse
as one walks to the back from the river.

Therefore the Rally is cancelled.

I will add that I have attempted to find an alternative date for a rally at Avon Bank, but,
such is the popularity of the venue, we couldn't be accommodated.

Thank you for your support going forward and your understanding regarding this situation.

Kindest Regards

The Emmits, Derek and Mary

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Sorry hear that news for you all , I’m sure everyone will appreciate all your hard pre- planning . Thanks for letting us know .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back