Rally Easter at Avon Bank Meadows, Wyre Piddle, Pershore, 4th April - 11th April 2023 (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I’m interested. Have always wanted to check this site out. Hopefully I’ll be able to book holiday from work so that I can stay for the 7 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Morning All,

Before I pulled my socks on this morning I did some adding up. It became obvious that we
have gone sailing over the 35pitch limit that Avon Bank affords.

Anyone who has been on Fun more than five minutes knows that the Attendance List for any
Rally should come with its own revolving door! There will be more comings and goings than
Ministers at the door to No.10. before Easter next year.

I'm not going to say Stop! yet, because I know that we are nowhere near the numbers where
I have doubts as to having a place available but it is only fair that I post this message up.

As per the OP, from now on I will require the potential attendees Mob. so that, if they should
be elevated, I can get hold of you. That becomes more important as the event closes in
(and the attendee realises that they're doing something else and don't want to attend)

I will post up the number of names on the OP so there can be no doubt.

Can I thank you, The Funsters out there who have put your names forward for this event.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Nah! Jim,

We had eighteen on the Reserve list for Plum before the revolving door started to work and we finished up with no one.
Holly's mum
Can I ask you to send me your Mob. No. by Conversation.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning/Afternoon All,

I am in receipt of a letter from the owners of Avon Bank Meadows.

In that letter, I have noted the following;

**Any units arriving outside of the start and finish days can only arrive From 12.30 hrs and depart no later the 11.30**

I have included that comment in the OP and reproduce it here for the information of attendees, particularly those who would stay for less
than seven nights.

There is a sound reason for this inclusion. For those who have not been to Avon Bank before, the access to the site is, for a short distance, along a narrow country lane and there are two CL/CS's on that road where, unless travelling at a reasonable time, one might meet a caravan/motorhome travelling in the opposite direction.

Regards

Derek

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Can you put us on the reserve list please for 7 nights.

Aug 27, 2020
Rainhill merseyside
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
5 years
EASTER AT AVON BANK MEADOWS
WYRE PIDDLE , PERSHORE, WORCS.
4th-11th APRIL (incl.) 2023
7nt Rally (fewer nights can be booked)

The attendance list is Full? (37 Funsters), HOWEVER I will still accept names because there WILL be cancellations.
Before your name will be accepted from now, I require your Mob. No. in order to get
in touch with you. (You can send me a Conversation re this.) I will keep it safe if that worries you.

Please read the below information.

Read the 'stuff' at the bottom, ie Adults only, No 'Third Party' bookings.

Location: Avon Bank Meadows Campsite, Mill Lane, Wyre Piddle, Worcestershire. WR10 2JF
This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club CL. with a Rally field. The field has EHU and an aerial socket for all. (TV reception without this is not the best).

Avon Bank was awarded the Caravan and Motorhome Club CL of the Year 2018.
It's beside the River Avon which is navigable. Although I'm told it's Close Season for Fishing at Easter, boating/kayaking/canoeing are allowed from the site.

It can be seen that the space available for this event could be described as 'compact and bijoux'. I reluctantly therefore have to restrict attendees to Coachbuilt and A Class 'vans (and smaller). We cannot accommodate R.V.'s

The event starts at 12noon on Tuesday 4th April 2023
finishing at 11.00am Tuesday 11th April 2023
NB. We will accept a booking of fewer than 7nts.

**Any units arriving outside of the start and finish days can only arrive From 12.30 hrs and depart no later the 11.30**

For this Rally there will be no F.F.F. (Fastest Finger First)!!!

I am publishing this event very early. As a result, I cannot give you a price for a pitch right now, (The sites Electricity contract does
not end until January 23 and, like us, they don't have a crystal ball as to what their charges will be next year.)

However, what I can tell you is that they have stated that they are prepared to supply pitches WITHOUT Electricity!

This will suit those who are looking for a budget option or those who have a good supply of Solar on their roof's.

As soon as I know what the price is, I will post it up on here and be in contact with those who have declared an interest in attending..

In the meantime, there will be no request for a Deposit or any payment.
You are only declaring an interest.

Wyre Piddle is within easy walking distance, where there is a pub, and buses to nearby towns.
Pershore is a flat, pleasant, one mile walk through meadows. Pershore has an ASDA and numerous shops, bars and cafes.

Facilities: Although a basic site, Avon Bank has EHU for each attendee, TV Aerial sockets, and there are several water taps around the site. There are laundry facilities.
Access: Double gates from Mill Lane direct into Wyre Boatyard. Gravel driveway leading to the Field.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome. They must be on leads or tethered on the field. There is ample provision for exercise off the site.
Generators: As there is the availability of EHU for all, No generators will be accepted.
Pop up Gazebos. These will be accepted,

Once your place has been confirmed, (after the price has been announced,) I will send a Conversation to attendees to advise of Bank Details for payment

We have no idea as to whether there are events taking place at nearby Pershore but we will be bringing the Cornish Skittles and no doubt there will be other 'stuff' taking place for the enjoyment of all.
We will bringing our collection of Good, Clean, (Condition if not content) Paperbacks which will be on sale in Aid of Prostate Cancer UK

ADULT ONLY
This Rally is 'Adults Only.' The River Avon runs alongside the site and is deep. The site itself is Adult Only..
There is no objection to a child visiting with 'Day Visitors.'

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

ATTENDEES

1. Emmit Derek and Mary
2. Damelza Malcolm and Teresa

3. ChrissyW Chris
4. Larafach Emma
5. peterc10 Peter and Angela
6. grumps147 Eddie and Margaret
7. Chris+Tracy Chris and Tracy
8. Beacons Mike and Jan
9. Jimbohorlicks Jim and Lin
10. TheAleMan
11. triclops June and Jeff