Drinking glasses (3 Viewers)

Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
Hi I know I could use plastic but I really like my wine from a proper glass. Problem is how do I stop them rattling around when we are on the move? I have the grippér matting in the cupboard. Anyone got any clever solutions?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi I know I could use plastic but I really like my wine from a proper glass. Problem is how do I stop them rattling around when we are on the move? I have the grippér matting in the cupboard. Anyone got any clever solutions?
I literally cut the lid off the box they came in and strengthened it with duck tape and popped it at the side of the cupboard. We use stemless crystal glasses and no breakages yet.

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
We are the same as you, prefer drinking out of wine glasses too!
We carry 2 x wine, beer and gin glasses. Each are packed away differently though 😉
Gin glasses in the box they came in, wine glasses in a little thin plastic basket with kitchen paper in between. And the beer glasses on the shelf with non-slip matting underneath. No rattles or breakages in four years 👍

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
If you've gotta a lorra glasses/mugs these do the job......

pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Another who uses stemless wine glasses, we initially got ours free with wine, the boxes were sturdy, find supermarket glasses fit them fine, still have a couple of the original glasses, but anyone who knows me is aware of how clumsy I am.
Friends liked the idea and found boxes and glasses separately which also work well. Do sometimes risk a t towel wrapped crystal glass for my gin, which reminds me i took it out to put in extra beakers for the kids, have removed them, another to go on my don't forget list, although i could drink it from a bone china mug and pretend i am having coffee 😉

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
...or these, free from a takeaway near you ;)....

Disposable_Takea_4e5563509f82c.jpg

Pete

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Margaret made these storage pockets out of some offcuts of jersey type material she had left over from the seat covers.

There is sufficient friction between the pieces of material to stop the pockets slipping about.

There is a base piece about 50cm square that lies equally either side over the dinette back cushion.

On the table facing bit, she sewed four pockets from a second piece of material using pleats to form the pockets.

We've always used them for tissues, glasses phones etc.
IMG_20230902_120935.jpg

We recently discovered that a pint glass fits in them and, importantly, a bottle of wine also fits securely, freeing up table space when eating inside the MH.
Just developing the idea for wine glasses

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have similar to these in the glass cabinet, they are supposed to be for bottles but my glasses fit with the stem resting on the bottom of the cupboard. No rattles at all.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Tea-towels :)

We also got something in packaging that looks like this (the packing not what we bought!!!) and I thought I can use that. Just the right size for various glasses if you slit it down one side.

We must be some of the few people who have managed to break plastic drinking containers but the crystal (charity shop purchases) goes on forever.

OP
OP
GrannieAnnie
Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you I’ll take a look not seen these before

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I will send a photo when back home, this is Bevs’s department and its crochet which I am regularly told isn’t knitting 🙄😁

Not done wine glasses ,(yet) but we are lazy and drink out of tumblers 👍

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Then we have dividers for plates and pans 🤔🙄😁

image.jpg

Bev is never happier than when given a project that involves wool 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!