Rally Dorset Fun Rally 2015 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thanks poppi ive never cried so much i dont feel good today either,but i knew it was going to be hard and thanks
Its just the worst time and our thoughts are with you. I have always thought that being able to intervene at the end is the final loving act you can do for your dog, and its a privilege to be able to do it for them.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Its just the worst time and our thoughts are with you. I have always thought that being able to intervene at the end is the final loving act you can do for your dog, and its a privilege to be able to do it for them.
thanks guys

roadrunner2

Free Member
May 31, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 1990
Hi Jez, my wife has a flare up a of a ongoing condition and as she is the only driver, we think it best if we go home to get her sorted. Sorry to cancel at this late stage. RR2

roadrunner2

Free Member
May 31, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 1990
Hi Steve, we know exactly what you are going through having to make the best decision for our loyal companion and friend. Our thoughts are with you. RR2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Steve, very sorry but we are full now.
. regards Jez

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Jez, my wife has a flare up a of a ongoing condition and as she is the only driver, we think it best if we go home to get her sorted. Sorry to cancel at this late stage. RR2
Thanks for letting me know Roadrunner.
. regards Jez

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
Well after a damp morning and a breezy afternoon and the opening cheese and wine things are looking good for a great rally.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Great start to a rally, with great "Mine Host`s"... (y)

I think every one on site hit the Cheese and Wine get together.. :cheers::clap2:

Good to see and catch up with old friends.. (y)

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Hi Jez,

It quickly became apparent yesterday afternoon when I saw Bodgit and his lack lustre son in law Thicko at "work". I dread to think what would happen if I left them alone in our home for more than 20 minutes.
The job has already progressed from three days to four!
Sadly this has put paid to our returning for a second week of fun with you all. Pat and I wish you all a great time and look forward to meeting you all again.

Regards, Cydersyd.

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Hi all sorry to have missed out on the wine and cheese party last night after arriving late but our little dog was very under the weather and we had to have dinner.
Sadly Rixey our beautiful Skye terrier passed over so we have left our pitch to bring him home. We will be back later though and look forward to meeting you all.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
waiting for Jim to start the album, but in the meantime photo of us before we went off on the long trek today.. sorry several of us stragglers were left behind.... Andy took us via Blackpool. :)

Oh dear, sorry photo won't download .. probs with MHF accepting my dongle. Will try later.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
theWalkers.jpg
OurLeaderAndy.jpg

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just getting the motorhome restocked so should be at Norden Farm later this afternoon/early evening hopefully in time for Elvis :cheers: Looking forward to catching up with those that we already know & to meeting more Funsters :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I will say one thing for now ... @Elvis1709 ROCKS!!!!!

I won't disagree Geri, but it's actually all the Funsters who rock, what a cracking bunch of people.
Popeye, breakfast news; hungover;
really really hungover.
Hog roast and the Fun Monty to look forward to.
If this gets out to the Gutter press it could be the end of MHFun as we know it Jim.
Headline..... Geriatric Campers Frighten Locals"

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thanks one and all for a great night last night, Matt Black went down an absolute wow and what about the Fun Monty? Funny funny and funny again haven't laughed so much over the last two nights for many a year. Fantastic food, great entertainment and lovely people, what more could you ask for......

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
.Glad everything went well Jez & Lin..

Only sorry we could not stay.. but the few days we were there it was great, Thanks for the Cheese & Wine party, and also the Bar-B-Q.. :clap2::cheers:

Mo, Judy & Paul..

PS........... Give Toni @dryad a big wet kiss from me on her Birthday. (Today).. (y)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just arrived home, thank you Jez, Lin and all your helpers for arranging such a fantastic week. We laughed til we cried at Matt Black, Elvis was very moving and I don't think I will ever be the same after the Fun Monty! Hope you do another rally next year, wherever it is it will be on our calendar. It was great to meet so many lovely people, thanks again from Carolyn and Nick.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
What a great couple of weeks it has been
First with Old Mo. co and then on to the Fun meet with Jez and Lin
We could not stay for Matt Black and the Fun Monti unfortunately, but Elvis was a great night
Funstering at it,s very best !!!!
Thanks to all
Chrisboyo N Liz

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you so much Jez and Lin. BRILLIANT organisation .... lovely weekend with lovely people. Thankis to Elvis, to the chefs with their amazing veggie option to hog roast, and toMatt black Dulux paint who kept me awake all night lying in bed with a smile on my face.

Thanks to the two lovely lady musicians at Frank's party. Thank you to Frank for the party.

Sorry had to leave early without goodbye to some people who I care about but situation required it.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We are back home now and are looking forward to a detox. Cracking week - thanks to Jez and Lin for a great meet. Hope you all enjoyed the food, with special thanks to my Sue chef and Lin chef and of course the pig, which made a great contribution. Thanks to Anne for the posing pouch, I will wear it with pride

Cheers,

Keith :cool:
Monty performer

PS Joy, the wording in your first paragraph brought a smile to my face.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
WOW!!!!!! Dorset 2 meets******* Old Mo's & Jez & Lyn ' s
FANTASTIC , 2 weeks of extreme FUN,,
What with 2 hog roast ' s, fish & chip supper, 2 cheese & wines, Pimps birthday celebration with impromptu fun games etc, Bar b que's, I could go on and on.
Both very well organised, can't thank all who organised and helped enough .
we (that's FIDGET Ann & Terry + ASBO THE DOG. ) can't wait for next year.

Thanks Mo & Judy , Jez & Lyn, Keith & Ann + Sue , Pat & Trish.
Not forgetting Popeye Grief & Jackie, also Steve & Denise for getting rid of the Picture!!!!!
FORGOT to mention the MANKINI !!!! OR the FUN MONTY
These had to be seen to be believed EXTREME FUN WOW.

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Arrived home a few hours ago. Just relaxing now and chewing over the Dorset Fun Rally in my mind:

Now that the dust has settled on the Dorset Fun Rally [well, at least for us!], we were only there Wednesday to Sunday, but have to say that Jez and Linda have really raised the bar in their 2nd Dorset Rally! But they have not just climbed over the bar, they have leapt over it with something to spare! For us, it was the best Motorhome Rally in years! Really well organised, great venue, lots and lots of things to do, and [Elvis apart!] it was fantastic entertainment, the sort you would expect at the major Motorhome Shows. The Matt Black Show was excellent, but "The Fun Monty" put the top hat onto it! Well done lads, very brave of you!!!!

But more than anything, the Rally was a huge success because Motorhome Fun is the best Motorhome Group in the World! And its the best Motorhome Group in the World because ALL THE MEMBERS are up for it! They want a good time and to enjoy themselves.

Can I just finish by thanking all you fabulous Funsters for your massive generosity! You raised approx. £438 from the shows, raffles and book sales, which we are sending to Cancer Research later this week. Your generosity is amazing and Anne and I cannot thank you enough. We are sure that the Charity will be well pleased.

Well done to ALL YOU ORGANISERS, and to everyone that has helped in any way, especially to Denise for the tenacious way she can take money from people! It must be an art. What on earth can be done next year to better the one we have just had.

Steve and Anne [Elvis1709]

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I echo all of the above! A great week - brilliant campsite, wonderful organisation and how you managed to feed us cheese and wine, copious amounts of Doritos, a hog roast accompanied by some lovely veggies for the money we paid I cannot imagine!

Thanks to Jez and Lin, Pat and Trish, Keith Ann and Sue for all the organising, cooking, etc etc, and
to Frank and Doreen for a lovely Dorset Cream Tea Birthday Party.

The entertainment was first class, on Friday and Saturday night, and the outings we did were really enjoyable.

Thankfully we now have a month at home to detox before the next round of FUN - I hope to get the talcum powder out of my fleece by then @SteveandDenise .........;):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back