Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
LMAO at Demo Cable :LOL:

I'm not doubting that's what Ecoflow have told John, but what a pile of tosh.

If it really was just a "demo cable", then why didn't they tell him before? Why didn't they think it could be an issue when he had a faulty battery and they sent out new ones? If this cable should never have been delivered to him in the first place (so a packing mistake), why didn't they apologise straight away publicly or when he phoned them?

Best part of a week to come up with an excuse that bad? Laughable :rolleyes:

Marauder

Free Member
Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
I think this is the piece of kit he bought

See the bottom of advert - "usually bought together" Total = more than £12000 !!!!
_

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004

If it really was just a "demo cable", then why didn't they tell him before? Why didn't they think it could be an issue when he had a faulty battery and they sent out new ones? If this cable should never have been delivered to him in the first place (so a packing mistake), why didn't they apologise straight away publicly or when he phoned them?

and even if it was it should be a different colour or have taped all wrapped round it DO NOT USE live, etc etc

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Why is it interesting?
I’d be pissed off with all the shit that he is getting.
Spotting the burn marks has potentially stopped a fire or even worse from happening.
Because it is interesting. That’s all.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I don’t buy that excuse from EcoFlow .
As if they would risk making identical cables that are “ not intended for live use “
Absolutely ridiculous excuse .
Nice way to try and avoid an essential product recall ! How do we know someone else hasn’t been sent the same dangerous cable ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
See the bottom of advert - "usually bought together" Total = more than £12000 !!!!
_
Jeezus, that’s some well overpriced equipment. Makes victron look very cheap. A 2kwh battery cost £2k. They must make a very healthy margin, without any accreditation’s.

Also if he got all that, I would put it trough it’s paces at max stress test before it made it into the van.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’ve been to many places where they are demonstrating stuff and don’t they always test it to the limit to show it’s capabilities…😎

Jeezus, that’s some well overpriced equipment. Makes victron look very cheap. A 2kwh battery cost £2k. They must make a very healthy margin, without any accreditation’s.

Also if he got all that, I would put it trough it’s paces at max stress test before it made it into the van.

Exactly what I said… why have a Ferrari and drive it down the autobahn at 30mph… “don’t expect it to get maxed out”..puh 🤷🏼‍♂️

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
They seem to have been really slow to react . Apparently EcoFlow had a video call with GJ where he explained the situation and how the van could have caught fire. Due to the language barrier the representative was actually laughing while GJ voiced his concerns and basically had no idea how serious the situation was .

Nedge68

Free Member
Feb 28, 2022
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Glad that GJ has sorted out the cable Issue, and has moved on, I am grateful that he puts his videos out, I have never met someone who hasn’t made mistakes, and by being honest enough to share his mistakes he is hopefuly preventing others doing the same.
It is clear that sizing cables for high currents has to be considered very carefully and consideration given for the length (keep it short), grouping (2 wires together in a braid de-rates them) and the environment they are in (adjacent to heat sources).
They should definitely should not be considered as “in free air”.
Are online calculators perfect? No, but they might just make you stop and think, do I really need that size cable?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
At the end of the day he’s had a lucky escape and it appears certain folk on here have got it in for him choose what he does.

Right or wrong he does what he does on Youtube to generate an income for himself, we’ve all done that most of our lives one way or another.

If you don’t like him, and i’ve never met him btw and never even spoke to him, don’t watch him. No one should watch him just to knock him, that’s bizarre imho.

He’s moved on to Renogy equipment by all accounts so let’s hope he has more success with this new setup and good luck to him.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
New install looking good GJ .
A7230EE1-E9A2-4ACB-8CC7-F6B90F6DBE1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Glad that's all working again. The ecoflow power-pack I have has only a low 12v output (15A) as it seems they all have which is why his temporary lashup had to use a different power-pack.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Just noticed this. I think you will find it doesn't make any difference.
In this context the losses in the circuit in watts is dictated by the resistance of the cable and the current flowing in it. The formula is
1 W = I²R

No mention of voltage there.
simple bit of maths and Ohms law
1 W = I²R
2 V=IR
3 I=V/R
substitute for I in 1
4 W=V²R/R²
5 W=V²/R
So change voltage does change power

Join us or log in to post a reply.