Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 2, 2023
Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar 143
Exp
I'm a newbie (ISH) 2022( type 2 VW's and caravans 1980 s to 2022)s
Has anyone been told damp checks are only being carried out on the floor at the habitation service nowhere else .?

Feb 18, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Has anyone been told damp checks are only being carried out on the floor at the habitation service nowhere else .?
I queried my last two damp checks on habitation service, one on a motorhome and one on a Basecamp. Both reports showed no figures recorded. Was informed that “readings are no longer recorded if they are between 0-15% as no cause for concern”. Probably a let out if you come back later with a higher reading showing damp somewhere.
5 years ago I ordered a new Unicorn caravan. Was given the keys to inspect in compound. Why did I take damp meter with me for a new van? It was damp. Told Salesman, gave a the keys for another, that registered damp. Gave me keys for a third van, the last one. That was damp. The Manager appeared with his supa dupa damp meter (ours was just for logs). His readings were worse than ours! Those three vans would almost certainly have been sold to an unsuspecting customer who did not have a damp meter with them.
Scary.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back