Current U.K. law on up plating has been changed WITHOUT consultation

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
The plan is to increase the weight entitlement for B Class licence. That means that if you have B1, then you can drive up to 4250, instead of 3500. Nothing will change on your licence.
Much on the thread is speculation and hope.
For many reasons it has made sense to increase PHG to 4250kg but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept medicals at 70 for drivers of vehicles with revenue weights over 3500kg.......just saying.....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
For many reasons it has made sense to increase PHG to 4250kg but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept medicals at 70 for drivers of vehicles with revenue weights over 3500kg.......just saying.....
Why start at 70, why not 65?

It doesn't make sense as 70 is now the new 60! 🤔

JaG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I watched the YouTube video, made at the NEC recently and from what I can make of it, the EU 4th directive, or whatever it is may be:....keep the medical at 70, extend it to five years instead of three however, medicals more often, say yearly, self assessment unless disclosed medical conditions. Absolutely pointless, in my opinion.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
If Category B adds "motorcaravan not exceeding 4250kg" it will remain a class 1 vehicle and renewing licence at 70 will be the same as now.

D4 medical at 70 only comes about as C1 (on grandfather rites) becomes class 2 at age 70. This is a fudge as vocational licences (class 2 vehicles), have an initial medical on application, then every 5 years 45 - 65, then yearly after that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
I wouldn't trust the new lot not to screw us rich, pensioner, passion wagon owners if, (when) they are given the chance.
What worse than the ladt ot did, raising tax levels to the highest since the end of WW2?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back