Caravan and Motorhome club charges (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Having joined the CCC recently - mainly for access to the CS's and for the discounts, I was looking forward to cheap non-electric pitches but so far have been disappointed. Just back from 2 nights at St Neots where we had a large piece of grass to park on - didnt use the toilet block, the washing up or laundry facilities, no electric, no water, no waste dump and cost was £48.45 a night. I paid less for a fully serviced pitch on a lovely independent site (Old Oaks, Glastonbury) only 6 weeks ago! I know the facilities have to be paid for if I use them or not, and the site is within walking distance of the town etc etc, but still doesnt strike me as great value.
Were there lots of you? I think the big advantage of the ccc is if you are over the magic age and get the age discount. We joined the ccc this year, first time. As it happens we have stayed on three of their club sites so far and didn’t pay that for HS with ehu. Wolverley last week grass no ehu £18.60 a night.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Were there lots of you? I think the big advantage of the ccc is if you are over the magic age and get the age discount. We joined the ccc this year, first time. As it happens we have stayed on three of their club sites so far and didn’t pay that for HS with ehu. Wolverley last week grass no ehu £18.60 a night.
Yes the over 60s discount makes a difference.

Just did a dummy run for St Neots for later this week 2 nights £37.20, still expensive mind, but a nice riverside site.

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Only the two of us in the van, and we don't qualify for the over 60's discount for a few more years yet! We did book last minute though and it seems that CCC charge a premium for that, and it was the weekend in the middle of summer - but still expensive for what it is. Agree that it is a nice riverside site, and a very pleasant walk to the town, nice pubs and a great Chinese just down the road.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Having joined the CCC recently - mainly for access to the CS's and for the discounts, I was looking forward to cheap non-electric pitches but so far have been disappointed. Just back from 2 nights at St Neots where we had a large piece of grass to park on - didnt use the toilet block, the washing up or laundry facilities, no electric, no water, no waste dump and cost was £48.45 a night. I paid less for a fully serviced pitch on a lovely independent site (Old Oaks, Glastonbury) only 6 weeks ago! I know the facilities have to be paid for if I use them or not, and the site is within walking distance of the town etc etc, but still doesnt strike me as great value.
I'm also just back from St Neots, grass pitch, no EHU, 2nts Fri/Sat...
Just £12.11 per night
No idea how you got charged £48.45?

I don't see the relevance of complaining about the facilities you didn't use... they were there if you wanted them

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Only the two of us in the van, and we don't qualify for the over 60's discount for a few more years yet! We did book last minute though and it seems that CCC charge a premium for that, and it was the weekend in the middle of summer - but still expensive for what it is. Agree that it is a nice riverside site, and a very pleasant walk to the town, nice pubs and a great Chinese just down the road.
No your right, for £48.45 a night for 2 people on a site from which you pitch right next to and fish the Gt Ouse river, that has, Laundrette, 2 toilet blocks including a separate disable section, 6 Pubs, Chippy, Chinese, Italian, Riverside Pub & Restuarant etc Town Centre, at least 3 supermarkets, Hourly bus service to Cambridge , Market on Thursday & Saturday ALL within flat walking distance. ALL for £48.45 a night during, I suspect, a school holiday, Disgraceful! :rofl:

For a 30ft vehicle that needs no facilities, there are a lot of layby's nearby but , perhaps you needed the blackwater dump and refill + the security and play area?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just done a dummy booking for next Fri & Sat...

Grass, no electric, 2 person, no ACR
£29 per night... even at non member rate is 'only' £39

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
I don't see the relevance of complaining about the facilities you didn't use... they were there if you wanted them
Don't think I was complaining - just commenting.

booking.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Yes, we had a bit more grass to park on! Not complaining at all about the site - we had a good time, and will probably go back. It just doesnt feel like the best value.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, we had a bit more grass to park on! Not complaining at all about the site - we had a good time, and will probably go back. It just doesnt feel like the best value.
As the trigger for the requirement to have a jumbo pitch is 9m, I think I'd be tempted to miss measure next time and claim to be 8.95m...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back