Exp
Since 2010
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
chaser

We don’t look for them, we just go places, and stay in an aire if we like it regardless who owns it. What is common with this lot is the QR code tickets for everything.

Although for me, I can click on the markers on their website that gives me details, or put a town in to search for it.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I can't get it to work, map opens with the pins but clicking on one doesn't do anything 🤷‍♂️
I've tried it on my laptop now and it works ok on that, just no option for translation but it's not difficult to understand.
I've bookmarked it as it may be useful.
Kups do you know if these Aire Park sites are listed on SfS ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've tried it on my laptop now and it works ok on that, just no option for translation but it's not difficult to understand.

The Arras one is on p4n

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
At the risk of lowering the tone of this gentle discourse how do others get on with the awful cassette emptying device that requires you to lift a heavy weight and aim the pliable spout into a narrow tube without chucking the contents all over the place? I'm a 185cm (6ft 2") man and find it awkward. I've even been on new sites and found the surrounding area less than enchanting! Perhaps I'm not alone.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
At the risk of lowering the tone of this gentle discourse how do others get on with the awful cassette emptying device that requires you to lift a heavy weight and aim the pliable spout into a narrow tube without chucking the contents all over the place? I'm a 185cm (6ft 2") man and find it awkward. I've even been on new sites and found the surrounding area less than enchanting! Perhaps I'm not alone.
I've never had a problem with them and prefer that arrangement to lifting the flap. Careless use of either can result in an unpleasant mess.

Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
As a new motorhome owner (ex caravanner so used ACSI a lot) looking for travel stops for my upcoming spain trip and in May, a tour around France. Rather than paying for campsites at 15 to 23€ a night, considering if i need something more?.. I have search4sites and ACSI but wonder if campingcarparks is a useful addition...? Seems some mixed opinions here but as a newbie, I don't have the experience and confidence many of you here have camping for free in the past, and looking to understand if change is afoot (free becoming € 6 to 12ish a night) and if CCP has a future to help me stop overnight safely and with confidence in the EU..

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
The flap type are better but still need decent gloves as some mug will have busted the handle(s) off.

Have no problems with the pipe type.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The flap type are better but still need decent gloves as some mug will have busted the handle(s) off.

Have no problems with the pipe type.
Gloves Yuck! I cringe when I see the French and the Dutch using gloves then stuffing them back in the cassette locker disgusting & unhygienic. Far more hygienic to use bare hands and wash after.

wp1234

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I only seem to find the crapy ones so I try to avoid them.
I object to paying €10 for a crapy car park with EHU that I don't want.
I might like a decent one if I ever find one but would rather have the option of paying less without EHU.
You need to try a little harder there are some crackers out there but there again if you don’t want to pay a tenner for WiFi ( if it works) all the services and EHU then that more space for the rest of us 😂

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You need to try a little harder there are some crackers out there but there again if you don’t want to pay a tenner for WiFi ( if it works) all the services and EHU then that more space for the rest of us 😂
Not a case of trying harder, its where you happen to be when you want to stop for the night. Don't want WiFi or EHU, not much point in having a Motorhome if it's not self sufficient.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I can see why local communities are selling up to CCP. Instead of having to resource/staff their local Aires a company will do it all for them and probably pay rent for the privilege. The town will still get the same or maybe even more visitors.
I’ve used a few and found them all ok. I would like to think when I used Aires I was supporting the local Community and the money went direct to them but I think more and more CCP’s are on the cards!

Some Municipal sites were leased by the Communes to young couples to run them for the season, instead of directly employing wardens.

I am wondering if CCP are outbidding these young couples and depriving them of opportunities to earn money, including the add-on bars and restaurants for campers. Also, where does this leave the tent campers when former Municipals become Aires? Municipal campsites originated as a scheme across France after WW2 to provide holidays for French tent campers.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As a new motorhome owner (ex caravanner so used ACSI a lot) looking for travel stops for my upcoming spain trip and in May, a tour around France. Rather than paying for campsites at 15 to 23€ a night, considering if i need something more?.. I have search4sites and ACSI but wonder if campingcarparks is a useful addition...? Seems some mixed opinions here but as a newbie, I don't have the experience and confidence many of you here have camping for free in the past, and looking to understand if change is afoot (free becoming € 6 to 12ish a night) and if CCP has a future to help me stop overnight safely and with confidence in the EU..

It is a concept we are not familiar with in the uk where you can park up in a town or village as we all would be worried about getting harassed by the locals, but it is very different out in Europe where many more motorhomes are travelling around staying at Aires free or paid for and even parking up in a street.
I have stayed at many Aires of different styles and even parked in the street and car parks, no one really takes any notice of you because it’s a daily occurrence, only once did I move off an aire because it just didn’t feel right and there is usually another in the next town.
One time I had friends/family stay at a posh hotel in Épernay home of champagne and while they were there paying hundreds of £’s a night I was parked right outside the front door in a 6.5m hymer for two days..😆 try doing that here..

When your out there next get on here and ask for some recommendations of aires for the area your staying at and you’ll get some good feedback, stay at one where there is a few vans there already. There really is some beautiful places were you can stay parked up for free and those are usually the ones we keep to ourselves…😉

I’ve stayed on a few of these camping parks and they were good value… the more you stay at Aires paid or free you will gain confidence, just use some common sense and you’ll be fine….

Happy travels…😎

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Definitely a useful addition and a good crossover between unserviced aires and camp sites. I have always felt secure on the CCP aires (although apart from one night on a French service station I’ve felt secure everywhere I’ve been in Europe). The card is, I think, free, just top it up with enough for a nights stay and give it a go, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
You can toggle the language using the flag icon on the top bar in the website or use Google Translate copy and paste.
Thanks got it sorted was using app in English, problem was an old top up stuck in basket. (Had to empty basket)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.

As a completely new motorhomer. (no caravan experience either) CCP was the first stopover we did in Europe. Previously we had just done campsites in the UK and one off grid park up in Wales.

I found them easy to use (order card in advance form website. Pre load it with 20 euros. Use card to get in and out. We have rung customer services a couple of times and they were very helpful with good English. Once the barrier wouldn't open. Another time the money we had put on the card hadn't registered.

I prefer them to completely off grid parking just because they feel a little more secure. Lots of them aren't really like campsites in that you wouldn't stay there an just chill out, but some are. The app is good for checking availability before you arrive and if you pay extra for some kind of special membership (can't remember wht they call it) you can book in advance. Only once did I find one completely full in Sept - nov.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Yes. Airpark is an option in the "pricing and partners " section. Haven't tried it yet.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Some Municipal sites were leased by the Communes to young couples to run them for the season, instead of directly employing wardens.

I am wondering if CCP are outbidding these young couples and depriving them of opportunities to earn money, including the add-on bars and restaurants for campers. Also, where does this leave the tent campers when former Municipals become Aires? Municipal campsites originated as a scheme across France after WW2 to provide holidays for French tent campers.
CCP's business model includes a long lease for the site (probably 25 years to recover their investment) from the Mayor, installing all the new equipment, taking over responsibility for site maintenance and utilities. For all of this they keep all the income from users. They're never going to be millionaires but the business model is good enough for a trading profit. My guess (I'm a leisure management consultant) is that many Mayors probably pay CCP an annual fee which is lower than their annual costs rather than ask CCP for an annual rent. This is the model used by UK local authorities for leisure facilities. Win win for the Mayor. We get good facilities at a reasonable price rather than a closed aire because the Mayor cannot afford to keep it open.
Very different to giving a local couple a seasonal agreement for them to manage the existence site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I just wonder how these sites sit in the old law of the country of France,whereby it was once law that every village of any size were bound to provide an aire for motorhome travelers and if they didn't you could park at the Marie.
Is this still a law or not.
This is in fact what gets the french worked up about having to pay as they reckon they have already paid in their taxes.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I just wonder how these sites sit in the old law of the country of France,whereby it was once law that every village of any size were bound to provide an aire for motorhome travelers and if they didn't you could park at the Marie.
Is this still a law or not.
This is in fact what gets the french worked up about having to pay as they reckon they have already paid in their taxes.
It's equivalent to me refusing to pay to use my local swimming pool because I've paid my council tax. Problem is there's not enough money in local authority/Marie budgets to give free use. French authorities spend mega amounts on floral displays, street furniture, fancy roundabouts and advertising banners. So saving money on aire maintenance is necessary to fund their higher priority flower beds 😆😆. It's all about budgets (or lack of them) as usual.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's equivalent to me refusing to pay to use my local swimming pool because I've paid my council tax. Problem is there's not enough money in local authority/Marie budgets to give free use. French authorities spend mega amounts on floral displays, street furniture, fancy roundabouts and advertising banners. So saving money on aire maintenance is necessary to fund their higher priority flower beds 😆😆. It's all about budgets (or lack of them) as usual.
Not quite the same, it's not a law that councils have got to provide free swimming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back