Campingcarparks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I only seem to find the crapy ones so I try to avoid them.
I object to paying €10 for a crapy car park with EHU that I don't want.
I might like a decent one if I ever find one but would rather have the option of paying less without EHU.
Use their App to preview the site. Users descriptions are usually pretty accurate if you can read French or use Google translate. Photographs submitted by users also show whether they are car parks, (and some are), or leafy woodland settings.

Distances to the nearest village etc are usually given.

We see where we want to go, look for the nearest decent place to stay and check it out on-line. As regards CCP Aires we have arrived, looked and left, because we were disappointed, on only three occasions over the last few years. But it maybe that we are easily pleased. We don’t like big commercial sites so tend to use Aires, CCP Aires and Municipal sites whenever possible.

However, it would be a dull world if we were all the same.

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One thing you can do to help with the tenner is make sure you have as many things as you are able to use the electric, save a bit on your gas. (y) ;)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Used them quite extensively in Nov/Dec on a three week trip to France and Spain.

Only one was a bit iffy and that was Souillac. The others pretty decent. About 50/50 grass or tarmac. Some quite remote others on the edge of villages. Some decently fenced others a bit too open to the dog walking or boy racer public....

Ranged from €9 to €12 a night.

A couple of the free Aires we looked at looked as though the idea was to cram as many Moho and campers into the the smallest space possible. Not for me.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
If you meant Millau we agree. It was one of the few that we didn’t stay on.

We pulled in, visited the town, serviced the motorhome, including EHU to top up the battery, and then left. We were billed about €5 for the privilege. Cheaper than we can park our car locally.
Yes stayed at this one at Millau, definitely basic but we enjoyed its close proximity to the town. Interesting that when its open one of the nearby ACSI sites with all facilities is cheaper or the same price.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
And don't forget that the Aire Park Reservation company has many more sites than CCP albeit not quite on the same card access basis. Their latest map shows 1,500 aires with 4 million users last year. These are generally cheaper from €6.50 upwards. Simple to use, roll up, card payment, QR code slip issued, scan it and in you go. They also manage hundreds of general car parks for commuters, shoppers etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And don't forget that the Aire Park Reservation company has many more sites than CCP albeit not quite on the same card access basis. Their latest map shows 1,500 aires with 4 million users last year. These are generally cheaper from €6.50 upwards. Simple to use, roll up, card payment, QR code slip issued, scan it and in you go.
Well, never heard of them before, look very good, shall have to have a close look at this (y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
If I arrive at an Aire - paying or otherwise - and it's deserted, I feel a great reluctance to overnight there myself. Anybody else feel that way? I wouldn't sleep well if i were the only one on the site.

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I haven't found one yet but there must be one. You can easily create an account in the usual way which I presume you need for advance booking where available. Their website doesn't offer an app link.
Have you actually used them,?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
If I arrive at an Aire - paying or otherwise - and it's deserted, I feel a great reluctance to overnight there myself. Anybody else feel that way? I wouldn't sleep well if i were the only one on the site.
We have moved on from free Aires a couple of times as they didn’t “feel right” but have never worried about being on our own.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Another way of looking at it is if CCP didn’t take over the running of some aires would they still be there to use? Given the financial hit that some rural local authorities would have taken in recent years with Covid, downturn in the economy, rural depopulation etc., can the local communities actually continue to run them in some instances? It must be difficult to justify spending your constituent’s money on providing the facilities if they can see little return for the community and/or are already under financial pressure themselves.

I’ve just realised that going by the acronym I’ve posted, without reference to the thread title, it might give rise to some thinking it was yet another example of Chinese State geopolitical expansion!

Then again, they might be making moves to include Aires in their Belt and Road Initiative. :unsure:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I’ve just realised that going by the acronym I’ve posted, without reference to the thread title, it might give rise to some thinking it was yet another example of Chinese State geopolitical expansion!

Then again, they might be making moves to include Aires in their Belt and Road Initiative. :unsure:
They probably own them already!😎

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We stayed on this one for two nights, no others at all, it was free with water and waste available, a few others visited just for the services but none stayed.

aire.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
And don't forget that the Aire Park Reservation company has many more sites than CCP albeit not quite on the same card access basis. Their latest map shows 1,500 aires with 4 million users last year. These are generally cheaper from €6.50 upwards. Simple to use, roll up, card payment, QR code slip issued, scan it and in you go. They also manage hundreds of general car parks for commuters, shoppers etc.
Been to many of their sites too. The one at Arras is a fantastic facility. We stayed at Arras and Langres over Xmas/new year. Also used another site of theirs for water as you can just pay for that an select not staying.

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Stayed here…
2559EDEA-A97B-4378-B697-23A325CF96B0.jpeg

Berny Sur Noye as billy no mates, no concerns at all.

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been to many of their sites too. The one at Arras is a fantastic facility. We stayed at Arras and Langres over Xmas/new year. Also used another site of theirs for water as you can just pay for that an select not staying.

So how do you find these Aires?
The Web site seems a bit mixed up with a map but you don't seem to be able to click on them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I only use aire de repos or parking areas & no doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
A small village Vinzelles, Nuitée

Thank you, much appreciated. As luck would have it we’re heading in exactly that direction in April, so it really could be a handy stopover. (y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+

We stayed on this one for two nights, no others at all, it was free with water and waste available, a few others visited just for the services but none stayed.

View attachment 707979
Same here doesn’t bother me at all,nice and quiet and l can throw the ball for my furry friend without bothering anyone.
666A9CFC-DE39-4EE7-AA06-A9D171237AB4.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I haven't found one yet but there must be one. You can easily create an account in the usual way which I presume you need for advance booking where available. Their website doesn't offer an app link.
I can't get it to work, map opens with the pins but clicking on one doesn't do anything 🤷‍♂️

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
No, wouldn't bother me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back