M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I'd like to bet that that was the grill plates first time out.......never to look the same again....! Tho' to be fair you appear to have done well to have turned th burgers over without leaving half of them stuck to the plate......maybe you have a more advanced technique then that which we employ!!

It’s been used loads, had it 7 years and that picture was taken last month 😎

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
It’s been used loads, had it 7 years and that picture was taken last month 😎
Than I take my hat off to you sir as you demonstrably have a much better technique then we...... would you care to share it please.....we've been down the avenue of 'lightly' rubbing and coating the surface with oil etc etc....I see your surface as dry and clean so presumably that isn't part of your technique........I still have our grill plate in soak after last nights use and may share a photo once 'cleaned' but it certainly wont look anything like yours sadly....!

• Informative
Reactions: M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Than I take my hat off to you sir as you demonstrably have a much better technique then we...... would you care to share it please.....we've been down the avenue of 'lightly' rubbing and coating the surface with oil etc etc....I see your surface as dry and clean so presumably that isn't part of your technique........I still have our grill plate in soak after last nights use and may share a photo once 'cleaned' but it certainly wont look anything like yours sadly....!

I just clean it as soon as possible after use with hot water and yellow fairy liquid using a spontex sponge.

I did ‘season’ the grill plate before first use, maybe that has helped?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Interesting . Lots of negative comments about the Cadac range as usual . I find them very good as you can store them away with the bag and detachable legs . I admit they would be a nightmare to wash up in a motorhome . I use the camp site washing up areas . Not sure of any alternative products that are portable and more easy to clean ?
Don't have a cadac but do use one of the portable gas rings, in a plastic case for storing, that run from an aerosol cartridge type gas canister.
All cooking done on a cheap flat or round ' plancha' type griddle or in a deep-ish type wok pan.
Piece of cake.
Or. If on ehu, we use an electric round ' Tepanyaki' type pan.
Cheap as chips, cooks strirfry chicken brilliantly and as electric, gives off no combustible fumes, so can be used under cover ( but not a duvet!)
Gas ring cost 15 quid.
Gas was 6 quid for 8 canisters.
Electric pan cost 24 quid from b and m (tower make).
Griddle plate/ plancha type thing was 8 quid from b and m and wok type pan was 10 quid , also from b and m.
All pans and griddle plate are non- stick coated and wash dead easily and can be done separately .
So for less than 70 quid I have a very versatile and portable system that is a doddle to use, take little cleaning and us dead easy to store.
Simples! 🙃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So it's a griddle as well ... still not a BBQ though! :giggle: ;)

I'd like to bet that that was the grill plates first time out.......never to look the same again....! Tho' to be fair you appear to have done well to have turned th burgers over without leaving half of them stuck to the plate......maybe you have a more advanced technique then that which we employ!!
One thing that you need to do with any pan/griddle etc is to make sure it is very hot and do NOT move the food around until the bit on the griddle has properly sealed to keep the moisture in, if you start moving it beforehand it will stick for sure.

Reactions: M-J
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I just clean it as soon as possible after use with hot water and yellow fairy liquid using a spontex sponge.

I did ‘season’ the grill plate before first use, maybe that has helped?
Mmmmm I think you do yourself and your technique an injustice....so much so that Cadac even supply at great expense silicon soaking bowls and brass wire brushes to assist us lesser able practitioners' of the BBQing arts....... !

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
No idea, the manufacturer seems to think so.
1725216172223.png

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bought one in 2010 when we bought or first van, used it twice but never since the new van in 2013. Sits in the loft still.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back