Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Has anyone over 70 renewed their C1 licence recently? I'm keen to know how long you had to wait for the new licence, as we go to Morocco in winter and I can only commence the process 3 months before the old one expires which would mean applying in January.

Jan 1, 2017
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2010
I didn’t… but I’ve always looked like an old man…. 😂🤣
I decided not to send a new photo with my application. Like yourself I got my new licence back within a week. However, I was disappointed that my new expiry date was 3 years from the date of issue not the expiry date of my old licence. I sent my application 4 weeks from expiry so it should have retained the anniversary of my old licence. I am currently queuing this with DVLA. Did this happen to you?

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I decided not to send a new photo with my application. Like yourself I got my new licence back within a week. However, I was disappointed that my new expiry date was 3 years from the date of issue not the expiry date of my old licence. I sent my application 4 weeks from expiry so it should have retained the anniversary of my old licence. I am currently queuing this with DVLA. Did this happen to you?
I think it is the earlier renewals that retain the date of the original licence not the later ones. I have done it twice with more than 56 days remaining and both times kept the original date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Had a phone call with the secretary of the guy who was going to do the stress test and he has written to the dvla and said as I have just had a new knee he doesn’t think I would pass the stress test so now waiting again

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
sent mine off 15/8 was there when got back on 04/09 no medical issues (y)(y)

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
I’ve had it work both ways but TBH, I can’t recall the timelines!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back