Beware out there folks - not nice 'present' on returning home today (95 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
pretty unsocial of the residents of that small village not wanting themselves or the kids run over...
I'm in favour when there is actually pedestrian traffic, but this is so typical of a Mid-Wales one horse village - usually deserted with nobody there to be run over. All the extra limit does in these cases is cause confusion, especially 3 different limit changes in such a small distance.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its not what is painted on the road (thats optional and could be wrong) it is the sign and if the sign is covered that in itself would be presentable as reasonable 'defence' as signage has to be clearly viewable, painted road signage is optional and its not a red circle but normally just advisory white paint (not a sign giving an order) !

Download for signage is here

View attachment 957818
So no red ringed sign but with street lights, its in Wales (I think) so its 20mph? but 40mph painted on the road and thats what the traffic was doing. It would be an interesting case if it got to court.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
So no red ringed sign but with street lights, its in Wales (I think) so its 20mph? but 40mph painted on the road and thats what the traffic was doing. It would be an interesting case if it got to court.
Have a look at the highway Code, it's the signage that is important, now it could be argued that the white paint on the road is confusing but that is a council issue....it's the sign that has a red circle and the number is the one you have to obey. If the sign is obscured again you have a case to submit on an appeal, Also if its a 20MPH Zone you may only be told once there will be no repeater signs ignore the ones on the road they are placed there by the council which may or may not be erased when the speed limit changes.

This is another reason why everyone should have a refresher driving course every 5 years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I’m not a fan of Mark Drakeford but I think you will find our first minister is now Eluned Morgan who took over when Vaughan Gething was ousted . Drakeford hasn’t been in power since he resigned last December.
Drakeford is now health minister.
How's that Devo going? Musical chairs in the Senedd :rolleyes:

Come on you Welshies, you don't have to vote either Labour, Plaid Cymru or Tory. Other parties are available, go on, be adventurous for once. :reel:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Have a look at the highway Code, it's the signage that is important, now it could be argued that the white paint on the road is confusing but that is a council issue....it's the sign that has a red circle and the number is the one you have to obey. If the sign is obscured again you have a case to submit on an appeal, Also if its a 20MPH Zone you may only be told once there will be no repeater signs ignore the ones on the road they are placed there by the council which may or may not be erased when the speed limit changes.
No red ringed sign, at all. Posts without signs on tops at start.

I agree with you about refresher courses, for every licensed driver and for all classes, but don't see how that relates to missing signs or uncut hedges obscuring signs that are there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back