Anyone know of any buyer scams (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 18, 2021
East Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
bessacarr e745
We are selling our Motorhome and we’re contacting to yesterday by a dealer who travelled from Hertfordshire claiming to be visiting a friend and interested in the van. We met tonight and he wants to purchase obviously at a reduced price. He’s given a deposit in cash to complete tomorrow

There were 2 of them the buyer and his technician. I know there are a few scams about. I will be taking the cash to the bank first thing to have it checked as genuine.

Any advice?

Thanks Janey

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Sorry what race are the Irish?

I thought we were Caucasian, like most of Europe!
Racism c.jpg

My underlying point was how is it that roguish behaviour has been especially attributed to Irish people in the same way that Scottish and Yorkshire folk have a reputation for being 'careful' with their money?
Is it simply that their accent makes them identifiable?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
View attachment 949310

My underlying point was how is it that roguish behaviour has been especially attributed to Irish people in the same way that Scottish and Yorkshire folk have a reputation for being 'careful' with their money?
Is it simply that their accent makes them identifiable?
Trying not to cause outrage, I'm not sure it was meant to be all Irish

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I think it depends when you draw a line and say homo sapiens....... Some evidence shows several populations of early homo xxxx interbred and lead to homo sapiens......
I think the research shows that those 'peoples' that left sub Saharan Africa interbred with the fading Neandertal people of the North to such an extent that all current people now have between 2 and 4 % of Neandertal DNA except for those of sub Saharan decent who have none.
I also seem to remeber that in terms of DNA the difference between a person and a chicken is somewhere about 4 % difference in their DNA........Mmmmm......

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I read last month that 90% of Europeans share a hefty amount of our DNA with Vlad the Impaler.

To this day, he continues to be held as a national hero in Romania, although those who were affected by his marauding and impaling tendencies may hold a different view.

However, I think we can fairly blame any untoward nasty tendencies we might have squarely on Vlad's shoulder.

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
I read last month that 90% of Europeans share a hefty amount of our DNA with Vlad the Impaler.

To this day, he continues to be held as a national hero in Romania, although those who were affected by his marauding and impaling tendencies may hold a different view.

However, I think we can fairly blame any untoward nasty tendencies we might have squarely on Vlad's shoulder.
If true, we now know what he used for most of his impaling. I think it might be ghengis khan you were thinking of

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We went for meal at a pretty posh restaurant in Manchester last year and the guy who was our waiter had a large tattoo on his arm.
I said 'is that Vlad the Impaler?' - he was so impressed he gave us a bottle of wine for free.

Ahhh. Yes, it may well have been Mr Khan, and I'm quite happy to shift the blame from Vlad to him as by all accounts he had a particularly nasty side to his character.

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
We went for meal at a pretty posh restaurant in Manchester last year and the guy who was our waiter had a large tattoo on his arm.
I said 'is that Vlad the Impaler?' - he was so impressed he gave us a bottle of wine for free.

Ahhh. Yes, it may well have been Mr Khan, and I'm quite happy to shift the blame from Vlad to him as by all accounts he had a particularly nasty side to his character.
and the name of the restaurant is, and what did he look like?

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Puddleduck
I think the research shows that those 'peoples' that left sub Saharan Africa interbred with the fading Neandertal people of the North to such an extent that all current people now have between 2 and 4 % of Neandertal DNA except for those of sub Saharan decent who have none.
I also seem to remeber that in terms of DNA the difference between a person and a chicken is somewhere about 4 % difference in their DNA........Mmmmm......
Why do you find it funny? the numbers vary but the principle is a given.....

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I am amazed by how posts about one thing degenerates to a load of rubbish.
I was going to say sh9te- but that's a bit rude!
Cheers Dave
Well your under no compulsion to read any of it.......in much the same way that your under no compulsion to be rude...... !

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
I've met many Neandertals, including Vlad the Impaler during my working life, particularly in the construction industry in the UK. Beyond prehistoric in their mindset.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Don't take cash insist on a bank transfer.
If you pay large amount of cash into a bank the bank willcheck it after close of business and if there are forgeries it will come back on you and he will be long gone.
i remember i lifted a large sum out my bank (natwest at the time ) to buy a car went to car auction bought the car went to pay for it ,,cash office looking at the cash saying 2 of the twenty notes were fake ,,they gave me them back and i paid them back into my account ,that they never questioned. a week later i told them about the fake £20s they gave me ,,they said they dont check all the notes ,,brilliant cant even trust the bank 😒

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
i remember i lifted a large sum out my bank (natwest at the time ) to buy a car went to car auction bought the car went to pay for it ,,cash office looking at the cash saying 2 of the twenty notes were fake ,,they gave me them back and i paid them back into my account ,that they never questioned. a week later i told them about the fake £20s they gave me ,,they said they dont check all the notes ,,brilliant cant even trust the bank 😒
I think the counting machines check them now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back