Any no TV people out there? (2 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
TV came with the van. Never switched on. Have never even looked at videos/ films etc while away. Brought some this time for Scottish winter viewing, but still not looked yet.

TV at home is for news and rugby. That’s all.

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
We've never had a TV in the van, don't use the internet, occasionally listen to CDs on the cab radio (when we remember to put them on board). The only time we watch TV when in France is when the Tour de France is on and the site owner puts the TV on in the bar. We collect cheap books from about March so we have plenty to read and exchange. Board games, crosswords and codewords keep us busy after dinner. In the winter we have short trips in UK and like nothing better than tucking up in our warm beds with a good book. Sometimes, if it's cold and wet, we don't even bother getting up - cup a soup, biscuits and chocolate complete the 'retreat'.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I like to watch a DVD occasionally which I use the tv for, but my big love while in the van is my DVD radio, radio 5 extra is a joy, all the old programs are aired, comedy, plays, book reviews, interviews with great people, Brian Blessed and Ken Dodd spring to mind, but I also take a pack of cards with me and play patience on a wet evening slurping a G and T or wine till bedtime.Love it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson 510 on Ford
Exp
Since 2013
We have a TV but it generally gets used only on the long winter evenings. We carry a selection of games.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
No TV in the van or at home. I surf the net for news from different outlets and choose the news I am interested in, which is not grizly murders and the like.......very liberating!

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
If you are from and era before TV was invented and lets face it, most of you are, then it is easier for you to "not miss it" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::reel::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::reel::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2:. Switch on the crystal set eh ;)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I don’t have a tv in the van but do have a small portable DVD player.

I much prefer watching caravanners putting up their awnings. Better than any soap opera :)
I don't have one in the m/h and never had one on my yacht. Watching the altercations of couples mooring and dropping anchor was as entertaining as watching awning and sat dish erectors.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you are from and era before TV was invented and lets face it, most of you are, then it is easier for you to "not miss it" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::reel::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::reel::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2:. Switch on the crystal set eh ;)
Television? I don't even have a land line in mine.:nerd:

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Books are great for those wet days/nights, I load up my kindle with books from 'book hub' some are free but others rarely more than 99p wouldn't be without my kindle, there are plenty by top writers,also have couple of games on it, as a solo traveller cards arnt always good.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Ours came with a TV but abroad we mainly use laptops with DVDs.
However it came in very useful last January when we were in El Campello near Alicante. We were able to watch the Three Kings Celebrations in Madrid on Spanish TV and really enjoyed it. We have also watched a programme similar to our Spring Watch looking at all regions in the country which we enjoyed.

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I have lived without a tv at home for the last ten years. We’ve recently bought a set now that you can get Netflix and so on on real televisions. I hardly ever watch it, though. I’m going to look for a 12v smart tv for the van precisely because watching it would be something different from at home, for me!

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
No TV for me either, home or away. I've a large music collection of which most is on vinyl. Oh to have my hi fi with me when I go full time next month. Music, books, cooking and enjoying my environment and experiences blows the tele into the weeds . If I watch anything it's motorbike racing and rugby which I watch on my phone.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Carcassonne, needs a big table though...
Azul ...a great tile laying game
Kingdomino
Ticket to ride, big table again...
Isle of Skye
Vikings
Takenoko (aka the panda game)

To name a few...

Have played a few of these - Carcassonne has an iOS app I think which is useful. I love Ticket to Ride, but HWMBO not so much. We love Azul too, very pretty. The others I’ll look into, thanks for the recommendation.

We’ve just started playing Res Arcana, which is new out and seems very good so far.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Im the only person i know that doesnt have a tv its been about five years now, my old tv went on the blink and i was saving for a new one then dawned on me i watch it very little, so now just do without
I come home from work, bath and make dinner then read or potter about doing something else.
But now the stupid bit, first thing i bought for hamish? Yup you guessed it.
Am i mad?
What does he like to watch? :D Top Gear ... or the Motorhome Channel???? :LOL:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We have a TV but it very rarely on we just have that much we do when away with the van
Bill

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I used to watch TV in the MH when touring single in UK and could use terrestial, but since now coupled up and mostly on Continent it has not been on in 8 years (maybe 1-2 DVDs, but cannot remember)

Now get news/websites by tethering laptop to phone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back