Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
All the stuff I watch is delivered via the internet to my Note 8 smart phone.

Never watch live TV (except football of course) but recently have been watching lots of YouTube videos including old TV series like Morse and the like.

Also listen to a lot of podcasts...

JJ :cool:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Two TV’s in the motor home. Both Panasonic, 46” in the lounge and 22” in the bedroom and use them both. :moon2:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Why would you? You are denying yourself hours of an alternative entertainment.
We watch it three hours a day in the evenings if only to catch up with the latest news
You can watch it sparingly as we do but it not an achievement to go without.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Anyone else like to escape the flickering screen and indulge in something different? No, not that - well, that and cooking on open fires, chatting, playing board games?
Are you insane?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
No TV here the sat dish is broke hope to have it fixed soon :rofl:

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
No TV in MH, we rely on good old fashioned Sex, Drugs and Rock&Roll. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad !

No TV for us. We're old school so'd probably go for booze instead of drugs (unless its paracetamol or ibuprofin!!).

Actually we re-discovered jigsaws, can do a 500 piece one easily in an evening (booze quantity permitting).

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Carry TV but no means of watching abroad, so have recorded lots of films (never watch them) a few Veras and a nice series of Poirot on memory stick, but some of those get about 3/4 of the way through then crash out. So annoying. I'm coming to the conclusion that the power supply is not providing sufficient umph. Technical term, that. But it's good for winter evenings. That or scrabble.

As for the other ... We were joking last night, it used to be Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark, these days it's Intestinal Movements in the Dark!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The last weekend we were away, about three weeks ago, each afternoon I carefully aligned the aerial and set the TV up. In three nights we watched TV for 1 hour in total.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Do the TV licence people try and bully you into buying a licence? They presume everybody must love watching TV and if you haven't got a licence you're cheating them.
We had no tv in the house for about 8 years and regularly had Tv licence inspectors call. They wanted to enter the house to look for a set but as it was usually in the afternoon when the adults were at work and only the teenagers at home they were unable to get in.
We were sent a licence reminder every year and we used to send it back with a note to say that we didn’t need to have one. I was angry that the default situation was that everyone had a tv while those who chose not to have one had to prove that we did not!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I had no tele for about 6 years prior to meeting the better half.
We bought a tv when our daughter was being teased at school for having no tv. Then in 2012 we sold said gogglebox when the kids had left us in peace......
We watch films on hard drive now n then, and are contemplating fixing our villa satellite dish so we can get more than 3 channels. But mañana.........

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
@ctc if I am sounds like I have company!

Any good board game recommendations anyone? We’ve recently (at home) got into playing Innovation, have to hope it’ll fit on a smaller table.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
@Jenowen - we had the same thing with TV inspectors early on. We do now have a TV at home, because long winter nights etc etc, but to be honest we mostly watch films and Netflix.

But in the summer I want to be sitting outside taking in the view & chatting with a glass of something cold in my hand.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a tv in the van but seldom if ever watch it. I don't watch TV at home either but do have a big projector screen and surround sound in my study as I do like a film now and then.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
No TV in MH, we rely on good old fashioned Sex, Drugs and Rock&Roll. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad !
2 out of 3 ? Your just too tired & spaced out to dance :D

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
In uk I find the tv, Netflix is good company,,
When I was abroad, not so important, I wasn’t in as much!

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
i didnt have a tv in my last house, my daughter used to bring her laptop to watch if she came to visit, the licence inspectors do get a bit freaked out if you just show them in and let them have a search as i am sure they normally have people hiding from them
my OH had a tv when i moved in, to watch her footy and a bit of F1 , but it rarely goes on otherwise...we have one in the van for the same reason
i have a mental list of campsites with minimal or zero tv (and phone) reception for those quiet getaways

i have been on more than one campsite where people have gone through the whole aerial spinning thing, getting out to look at other vans aerial directions, more spinning and then move pitch

Angel005

Free Member
Aug 15, 2018
Funster No
No t.v. In MH just books, cards, boardcames, people watching and occasional DVD. Generally only watch tv at home during the long winter evenings. Too busy outdoors in the summer months (weather allowing).

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Any good board game recommendations anyone? We’ve recently (at home) got into playing Innovation, have to hope it’ll fit on a smaller table.

Words with friends is a good board game. It usually comes as an app (which is also good) but with the board game you can use made up words, colloquialisms or swear words :ROFLMAO:

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
No nothing . There hasn't been anything worth watching for years.
I struggle to understand how anyone can find anything shown whether chat shows, news ,soaps, etc; etc; that doesn't bring on the need to put a brick through it ?

Line of Duty
Unforgotten
The Missing...
Silent Witness
All cracking shows on TV recently.

We never watch TV live though, always record/download and watch on the iPad in the van, I’ve got a memory stick that plays video direct to the iPad.
Absolutely no soaps/reality shows etc for us though, and the problem is they are the majority of the stuff shown these days.

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years

Carcassonne, needs a big table though...
Azul ...a great tile laying game
Kingdomino
Ticket to ride, big table again...
Isle of Skye
Vikings
Takenoko (aka the panda game)

To name a few...

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Never have had a tv and don't watch films either. I even love going for weeks on end without wi-fi, it's great, so much time to do other things.

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Banned the TV in our 'Trek'...instead, Local radio, or good old Radio 4...Wine rack where the TV should be !....Nearly every site we go to, you can see in other m/homes,the whole family sitting at the table, watching tv in silence...Might just as well have stayed at home

Coast AL

Free Member
Nov 5, 2018
NORTH DEVON
Funster No
MH
Fiat Hymer 544 (1995)
Exp
DEVON
Anyone else like to escape the flickering screen and indulge in something different? No, not that - well, that and cooking on open fires, chatting, playing board games?
Just back from 7 weeks of not watching TV.. A glass of something and banter always wins the day and evening. Sunsets and evening walks.. twas bliss... Now I watch the flames in my burner and plan my next escape.. :)

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
No tv in our van. We did have one with a fitted DVD player. It never got used the first year so out it went.

Everyone’s different

Feb 8, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
Im the only person i know that doesnt have a tv its been about five years now, my old tv went on the blink and i was saving for a new one then dawned on me i watch it very little, so now just do without
I come home from work, bath and make dinner then read or potter about doing something else.
But now the stupid bit, first thing i bought for hamish? Yup you guessed it.
Am i mad?

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
There's a club site near where I live in the north Highlands, a stunningly beautiful place. We watch MHs arrives, level up and point their dishes skywards and wonder why they bothered driving to such a beautiful place?
No TV in our van, good old talking to each other and reading to each other, cooking, a splosh of the old vino collapso and exploring the local area. More of a chat and sing around a fire type of campers...

But all to their own...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back