A photo of your van camping last night (9 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
The map will be filled in 38 times more than it is at the moment. This is page one of this thread only.
Reckon about 20 minutes to a page

I ll do a couple more pages then see if its worth me carrying on or if Jim can think of a way creating a MHF map that all can add to rather than just me and a couple of select others.

For info, if you have a copy of the map you can click each blue marker then click a link that takes you directly to the entry of that post which has the photo in it.

1727709394155.png

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Another thought comes to mind with this thread and locations.

I think if we could have a map attached to the thread that when we put a photo up, we can have the option to mark it on a map.
I m thinking specifically about Jane And Rog and Barti Ddu whose last couple of trips (and current ones) are marked up in my memory cells.
I dont know how Jim could do this but along the lines of the journals and the map on there creating a searchable map.
It would certainly help with my planning of my holidays as atm I just have to go back through the appropriate threads and transfer them onto my own map and I can ignore the one stop on their trips that just doesnt have the wow factor that the other 50/60 stops have.

Some might say it might be trying to replace the apps but I would see it as an added feature of MHF, and if Jim is able to do it (we have photo of the day thread and photo of outside from inside) we could do the same on those (but only have one map with different coloured icons for which thread it came from)

I sometimes have significant amount of downtime at work would work through previous postings to add them on to the map (if created) over the course of time (which may be significant)

Any thoughts, and sorry for the hijack of the hijack
Great idea if Jim thinks it’s worth doing it.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
For those interested.

I m still playing and 10% of the map is complete (4 pages)

At this moment, the map is just for me but you can have a "view only" experience.

But if you want to take a look at what it might look like here you go. I particularly impressed with one marker in the middle of the adriatic !

1727713574111.png

Last edited:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Love the idea of a map. I can see the points, but the link doesn’t take me to the post unfortunately! Thanks for working on this, it could be really useful!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
12 pages done so it wont take me as long as I thought.

I ve taken off the link for the moment as non members can view this as guests and I can work out a cunning plan. Jane and Rog can see it and I can put up snipping tools showing progression in the meantime. It maybe that I send a link to anybody that asks for a copy of the map. Dont know yet.

1727720543875.png

Its a shame some of the photos I cant quite place exactly so some are rather good educated guesses eg the town is mentioned and I find the aire in the town. Some are good guesses eg a 5 star camp site is mentioned in a town so I chose the one with the dearest pitches, but if I couldnt pin down a spot on the map then sorry it didnt go on the map.

I ll leave it for a couple or 3 days but it kept me entertained this afternoon recovering from nights

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back