1000007717.jpg

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
A few pics taken over the last few days on our latest French Trip.

IMG_4527.jpeg
Albi’s Cathedral. Claimed to be the biggest brick building in the world.

IMG_4523.jpeg

Its elaborately painted interior.

IMG_4507.jpeg

Familiar to many. The Chatea at Chenonceau.

IMG_4517.jpeg

The pretty village of Martel.

IMG_4540.jpeg

IMG_4541.jpeg

A couple of views of GRIGNAN.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Was described as reminiscent of an ocean going liner. We found the interior designs quite "dark" but the geometric designs unusual.
We didn’t like the interior and agree with your expression “dark”.

The ceiling though, we thought was great.

There are much nicer Cathedrals around but we were curious to see the “biggest brick building in the world”.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Logs stacked ready for winter. Sawdust logs at the back are what they use in the steam boat on Coniston water, the Gondola, heating oil arrived at 7:06 this morning. I’m set for winter.👍
AAGH! As usual it says too big to upload. It’s just a normal photo! This should not happen.!

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Had three glorious days just walking around the island city of Stockholm in the beautiful sunshine and 28⁰C heat, made bearable by the sea breeze. Using the the ferries to get around the various islands and neighbourhoods was fun too. Too nice to spend time indoors at the various museums and galleries. May venture back for a winter city break.

PXL_20240908_154630423~2.jpg

PXL_20240907_092031080~2.jpg

PXL_20240907_101032859~2.jpg

PXL_20240908_165709950~2.jpg

PXL_20240907_105315114~2.jpg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Logs stacked ready for winter. Sawdust logs at the back are what they use in the steam boat on Coniston water, the Gondola, heating oil arrived at 7:06 this morning. I’m set for winter.👍
AAGH! As usual it says too big to upload. It’s just a normal photo! This should not happen.!
I have the same problem with a lot of my photos I try to put on here and I have not changed the settings. Some upload others say file to large. 🤔

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Nirvanauk

What I have done previously with some success and some failures is used snipping tool.

Presuming you have a decent camera on a decent setting which makes the file too big to upload here.

Open snipping tool by writing "snipping tool" into your search on computer (normally by the start button. Open it then just drag your mouse to make a "cut" then choose option to "copy" which is normally an icon of 2 pieces of paper. Then you can right click in mhf and paste it to where you want it.

If you "snip" the whole pic it is probably going to too large still, so just repeat process taking a bit more off each time.

There are other tools for downsizing photos but they confuse me.

This would explain it better than me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Ok so if that won’t load let’s try my neighbours open day to show off his new car.
No, that’s too big as well. Any ideas Jim please?
What smartphone are you using, or is it a standalone camera?

Are you posting direct from a smartphone or from a PC / laptop?

Have you checked the camera settings? What resolution / file size is it set to? You are saving the photos as JPGs rather than RAW files (massive) or some other unsupported format?

The images that I upload here are typically 4 or 5MB, and upload fine 99% of the time. The only times I've had issues with file sizes have been once or twice with Panoramic pictures, that I've needed to crop a bit to bring the size down.

If I try and upload the version of a photo that I've already saved and posted to Instagram, MHF doesn't like that version - it appears that the Instagram app changes the file type or other parameters that are incompatible with MHF. But in these instances I get a unsupported file message rather than a file too big message on MHF.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
What smartphone are you using, or is it a standalone camera?

Are you posting direct from a smartphone or from a PC / laptop?

Have you checked the camera settings? What resolution / file size is it set to? You are saving the photos as JPGs rather than RAW files (massive) or some other unsupported format?

The images that I upload here are typically 4 or 5MB, and upload fine 99% of the time. The only times I've had issues with file sizes have been once or twice with Panoramic pictures, that I've needed to crop a bit to bring the size down.

If I try and upload the version of a photo that I've already saved and posted to Instagram, MHF doesn't like that version - it appears that the Instagram app changes the file type or other parameters that are incompatible with MHF. But in these instances I get an unsupported file message rather than a file too big message on MHF.
It’s an iPhone 15 pro. I thought it was saving the photo at 5mp but it does seem to be saving them at 12mp. I’ve looked in settings just now but couldn’t see how to reduce it.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You could try reducing the size by using an online service like the following one, I haven't used this one myself but it's an example.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
It’s an iPhone 15 pro. I thought it was saving the photo at 5mp but it does seem to be saving them at 12mp. I’ve looked in settings just now but couldn’t see how to reduce it.
MP will be referring to the number of pixels or resolution. What you need to know is the file size in MB. A 12 MP image could be huge if it is uncompressed such as a RAW file, or relatively small if it is highly compressed into a JPEG file on low quality setting.

I'm an Android user so can't help with where to find settings on an iPhone I'm afraid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back