A month in Provence Throughnal (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You're in for a wet and potentially noisy night I fear. :confused:

Screenshot_20240904-204847.png

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
You're in for a wet and potentially noisy night I fear. :confused:

View attachment 944566
If you zoom in, just between the deep orange bits, there is a ten minute window of opportunity when we are likely to only be drowned rats.

Decision was made by playing best of 3 at triominoes. So my shout.......

...... But I think I picked up a hint in the way she told me NO that I may err on the side of staying in the van !

Reckoning on staying tomorrow night as well.

Thinking cycling Lourmarin, Cadenet, Ansouis, then la bonde lac. (Assuming she hasn't killed me by then)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I think 4 entries today and an update of some more photos of a sunny nature and if I am allowed out for a beer tonight some night time photos of Cucuron

Photo du jour for WESTY66 is of a beer at a village next to a beautiful moss strewn fountain with typical bleeding British tourist in white socks (hidden)
IMG20240905172518.jpg

We attacked Lourmarin from the aire at Cucuron via e bike.
It says 5km but we followed the "cycle route"
The road with very limited traffic is easily the better way and 4km less and a dam site quicker.
Lourmarin is a beaux village with chateau... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/lourmarin-beaux-village.582/

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
We too have a chuckle at the CCP aire locations which in some cases are nowhere near the town they state in the title.

No doubt if they had a central London Aire, it would be located somewhere near Watford.
Bit like Ryanair airport destinations then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Number 2 Cadenet

We may have made a mistake, firstly by using the cycle route from lourmarin and secondly following the signs to the town centre from the top of the hill.

There is nothing shouted about with this town but we passed it in the motorhome and it... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/cadenet.583/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Just as an aside, we finally bought those misshapen discoloured tomatoes today from a market stall we which turned up in Cucuron by the etang. Great value for money and really nice and moist.

We had to go into Cucuron because Paula found a wallet full of credit cards driving license etc and 70 of the finest euros which we handed into the Marie.
We decided not to check how much cash was in there before going in to do the right thing but we did have a discussion as to what amount it would be to keep it. Hence the we don't want to know and just hand it in.

So we had a drink at the etang to celebrate our good deed. And we bought eggs and beer. Lamb cheese biscuits lavender also on sale at the pop up market.

We have also eaten shed loads of melon. 4 euros for 4 melons in lidl. 4 for 5 euros at a market. Cracking value. We are only halfway through our 500 gram butter (demi sell) which we love our here as well

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
And number 4

For fans of manon des sources and/or jean de fleurette.

We passed this easily passable village this morning without a moments thought.
It was only in doing research that an apparently famous scene from either manon des sources or jean de fleurette was at this church.

That was good enough for me and... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/vaugines.585/

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
I just have an idea in my head that a certain campsite that yourself & Paula, same as myself & Peter would enjoy, called Le Fiscalou is somewhere around there.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I just have an idea in my head that a certain campsite that yourself & Paula, same as myself & Peter would enjoy, called Le Fiscalou is somewhere around there.
That's near Toulouse (if I m right)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We just drank our most expensive bottle of wine EVER.

22 euros.

A tad over what I was hoping for ..... but it was a hotel, it was a stunning location, it was a bloody nice wine, it won't be repeated this holiday.

My apologies to all who are reading this thread who thought (correctly) I lived in Yorkshire in a previous life 🤔

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We have moved again to a place of little to no internet, or not enough for me to wait for 30 off photos to go up.

We cycled to moustiers saint marie from salle Les verdons where we are parked in a no facility free aire a few hundred meters from the lake and the town, with many Germans.

I ll do the journal when I have some decent internet but the WESTY66 photo du jour is the classic gorges du verdon bridge going down in their pedalos canoes etc. I have not adjusted the colour.
IMG20240906133502.jpg

And he had better be thankful as I had to cross the road after 2 beers to get that one to load 😏

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We have moved again to a place of little to no internet, or not enough for me to wait for 30 off photos to go up.

We cycled to moustiers saint marie from salle Les verdons where we are parked in a no facility free aire a few hundred meters from the lake and the town, with many Germans.

I ll do the journal when I have some decent internet but the WESTY66 photo du jour is the classic gorges du verdon bridge going down in their pedalos canoes etc. I have not adjusted the colour. View attachment 945441

And he had better be thankful as I had to cross the road after 2 beers to get that one to load 😏
Very nice, T’was down that way in 2005 had a good photo off the bridge😉👍👍
Mrs Westy went to lift her top up when I took the photo, but our friends turned round just at that moment🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wonder what happened to that pic🤔🤔😁😁

Edit. She was much younger then😁

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
There is a lovely village called Aups about an hour away it has a saturday market, well worth a visit.

We were so close to going there tonight. We may go tomorrow but probably after the market if we do.
We fancy going back to sillans LA cascade just below Aups but the aire is removed so daytime only parking.

Pampelonne beach is calling us on Monday

Great shout for Aups. Cheers

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
There is a lovely village called Aups about an hour away it has a saturday market, well worth a visit.
We took your advice this morning as the wind has got up which has an effect on our cycling !
Just finished walking round and it is a lovely place.
We followed sat nav to the aire but as to be expected on a market day it was full but we got parked and will wait (because it s pretty jammed atm)
Expect journal entry later.

Nice one cheers

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Moustiers saint marie from yesterday

Or MSM, a beaux village with CCP which we have been to a couple of times before.

I would describe the hill to the town and the hill in which the town is built as constant. It is fairly steep but you don't notice it as much as there are shops... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/moustiers-saint-marie.586/
Added to the list, you are finding lots of nice places for us to visit. Keep up the good work 😂

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
We took your advice this morning as the wind has got up which has an effect on our cycling !
Just finished walking round and it is a lovely place.
We followed sat nav to the aire but as to be expected on a market day it was full but we got parked and will wait (because it s pretty jammed atm)
Expect journal entry later.

Nice one cheers
Excellent glad to assist, although I am now slightly jealous as its been 5 or 6 years since we have been to provence.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Wind was blowing scuppering plans for a lazy beach day.

We then found A UPS as per previous post and thought Sillans for the cascade (it's a stunner) but they closed the aire but we found Salernes, free with a dump and a disused railway line. Fill out boots time, we thought we were going to be settled for a couple of days as there was a beaux village of tourtour in striking distance as well. Unfortunately closed and the town had a party with roads closed off and it was getting to headache time so we decided to head to le Thoronet. Suck it up and pay the 14 euros for dump and fully charge battery.
Nothing at all of note til we found the nice village over the other side of the road. We found the cave as well so couple of modestly priced 6 euro bottles later we saw the sign for 60s 70s 80s disco with food and beer tonight. So that's us sorted, these types of nights have been great in the past.

As a total aside, my back has been bordering on painful today following the moustiers steps. My hemp cream hasn't touched it, which is normally immediate. So whilst out I bought and tried my first cannabis cigarette (or 20 of them) for 9.90 euros from a PMU tabac. Just smoked one and no head inducing weird shit going on at all but my back has eased.

WESTY66 Photo du jour. A scene from every village every once in a while. A boules competition
IMG20240907172439.jpg

Possibly 2 today. And le Thoronet in the morning post party.

Roger S to thank for this one.

We had noted it as a possibility and the Saturday market was pointed out to us

When we woke at Salle Les verdons the wind was blowing significantly enough for us to consider cycling and beach wouldn't be much... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/aups.587/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Number 2. Party took priority last night !

In need of doing something in the afternoon a lake with nearby waterfall was spotted from our book "Wild Swimming in France" so we headed from le Thoronet across undulating but not debilitating roads through a sea of vineyards, some picked, some... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/carcès.588/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
And le Thoronet

Whatever you do, try not to annoy the natives by taking the D17 from pont D'argens even if your sat nav says so.

It's not overly concerning but a number of right hand blind tight corners with protruding rocks force a rhd out to middle of road... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/le-thoronet.589/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Wet one today, but we have just parked up plan de la tour, in a shared car park free by, and the town looked lovely.

Le Muy entry, which didn't inspire us

A really unfair view of this place as we arrived on a Sunday when it is teeming down, has been teeming down and will continue to do for the rest of the day.

Our first mistake was entering the town via a one way system with cars parked either... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/le-muy.590/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back