Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi everyone
We are currently parked at Shrewsbury after fitting in what seems like a week of things into 1 day.
The list includes

A meeting in Manchester
A site visit and measure in manchester
A pick up of wheel studs from a trailer company in Chester
A supermarket top up of silly things food wise which are sometimes difficult to find in continental Europe.
A filling at the dentist in Middlewich
A missed delivery of a new rim for a trailer
A conversation with rim supplier as the DHL app won't work
A conversation with farmer Jeff where I store some trailers, he's going to swap my tyre and fit the new rim (great relief)
2 pints of delicious Butty Bach beer In a local pub near to our sleepy spot
A well needed meal at Hickorys smokehouse
Waking up 2 hours ago thinking to myself I hope DHL find the farm/storage next time

Not too bad a start but it did seem as we deserved the beer and food last night, it should be a decent drive today to the camc site next to Folkestone.
We are looking forward to this trip as it seems we have been in the uk too long over this summer.
This was due to family time which is always nice and a bit of dental work that was overdue.
We decided to use the chunnel which does seem to have gotten quite pricy but when I gave Phil the options he insisted on tunnel even when I would have been happy with irish ferries.
Looking forward to a easy time in france with no set path just sticking to the east side as we are off to Dusseldorf salon to view electric bikes and other bits we need.
We may call into Luxembourg as its been over 5 years since we where last there and possibly the mosel region again, not sure we will see where the wind blows.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We have put the world to rights sat outside having a few drinks with @Brendan
20240903_205503.jpg

Upvote 0

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I'm not even here to look at bikes, just a new plug for the sink.

There may be a small vodka in there Jock.
I keep getting led astray.
It's a slippery slope, look what happened to Phil and I

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Get the machine fitted in Germany, we have had two fitted by Hunerkopf, they have a stand at the show. They are the experts, the machines are gravity drain so don’t have a pump. Hunerkopf have designed a small tank to allow the machine to drain into then an internal pump which pumps to the grey tank. Takes a day to fit both of ours have been in the gas locker as we have LPG tank. They also as an extra can install a line from the hot water system to fill the machine with hot water rather than cold saving on electric to heat. You do need to be careful and monitor the boiler temperature but does save a lot of lithium. Average wash uses 17L of water.
IMG_0841.jpeg
IMG_0839.jpeg
IMG_0840.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Nice one chaps, look forward to having a nosey, did they take your current one
In part ex? Did you have a look at the Concordes or any of the other premium ranges?
Yes we part ex ours. As the difficulty with no British dealer on concorde or phoenix put us of them. Plus we are very happy with the new look morelo.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Well back to the normal world, we need to find a laundry and with no idea of were we want to visit, Cologne calls as we have never been there.
There's a revolution laundry at a Globus supermarket on the outskirts the city.
Although the stellplatz in the city looks a bit like a sardine canning operation, it will have to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well back to the normal world, we need to find a laundry and with no idea of were we want to visit Cologne calls as we have never been there.
There's a revolution laundry at a Globus supermarket on the outskirts the city.
Although the stellplatz in the city looks a bit like a sardine canning operation, it will have to do.

We stayed at the Stelplatz a couple of years ago, yes it can be like sardines but it’s ideal for visiting the city.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed in the Stellplatz in Cologne Gareth, I think it was adjacent to a Park and Ride?

It was a lovely riverside cycle path into town, with lovely little bars and restaurants to stop at on the way back!

Loving the new van. All the boys love a garage, but us girls would love that washing machine! :rofl:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We stayed in the Stellplatz in Cologne Gareth, I think it was adjacent to a Park and Ride?

It was a lovely riverside cycle path into town, with lovely little bars and restaurants to stop at on the way back!

Loving the new van. All the boys love a garage, but us girls would love that washing machine! :rofl:
We don't do blue or pink jobs, however I cook and he does laundry. We both clean but mines usually just the kitchen area. As I'm the driver I position the motorhome for service of the fresh,grey,and black water and he gets the outside jobs of service. It works well as we apply our relevant skill set.
We unfortunately have no bikes with us so we will revert to shanks pony 😃😃.
Yes he's very happy that he's getting a washing machine.
I just have to convince him to let me spend another 7k for the digital mirrors, I don't think it will happen 😔

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We don't do blue or pink jobs, however I cook and he does laundry. We both clean but mines usually just the kitchen area. As I'm the driver I position the motorhome for service of the fresh,grey,and black water and he gets the outside jobs of service. It works well as we apply our relevant skill set.
We unfortunately have no bikes with us so we will revert to shanks pony 😃😃.
Yes he's very happy that he's getting a washing machine.
I just have to convince him to let me spend another 7k for the digital mirrors, I don't think it will happen 😔
Why spoil the ship for a hapeth of tar, the MORELO cameras do seem quite wide though, just been on a bus with camera mirrors and they looked good and neat fit to the body.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Why spoil the ship for a hapeth of tar, the MORELO cameras do seem quite wide though, just been on a bus with camera mirrors and they looked good and neat fit to the body.
So, these Morelo things are converted busses then? :unsure: ;) (y) as opposed to converted delivery vans or builders tipper trucks for other MH :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So, these Morelo things are converted busses then? :unsure: ;) (y) as opposed to converted delivery vans or builders tipper trucks for other MH :rolleyes:
Delivery van chassis if one wants to be more precise, and some are on truck chassis of course 😉

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Well Cologne was a bust. The stellplatz/parking was full/reserved so we moved onto some car/wagon parking near it but this was had full time permanent van lifers with dogs tied up next to scrap piles. So we had lunch and moved on. Cologne was not to be.

We are now further down the rhine a small town called Unkel.
We will venture out later or tommorow depending on the rain.
Going forward don't know where we will venture, I'm reluctant to go back into france as we will be doing a 6 month visa there from next march/April.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Well Cologne was a bust. The stellplatz/parking was full/reserved so we moved onto some car/wagon parking near it but this was had full time permanent van lifers with dogs tied up next to scrap piles. So we had lunch and moved on. Cologne was not to be.

We are now further down the rhine a small town called Unkel.
We will venture out later or tommorow depending on the rain.
Going forward don't know where we will venture, I'm reluctant to go back into france as we will be doing a 6 month visa there from next march/April.
South? Tirol , both in Austria and Italy ? It’s stunning this time of year, if you do give Fiss, Serfaus and Ladis a go, it’s breathtakingly beautiful, have a browse at their website👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
South? Tirol , both in Austria and Italy ? It’s stunning this time of year, if you do give Fiss, Serfaus and Ladis a go, it’s breathtakingly beautiful, have a browse at their website👍
Go on then. A snapshot of what to expect may be nice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
It may be too far south for us.
Saying that we did do the dordogne france to alvor in Portugal in 2 days a few years back

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Go on then. A snapshot of what to expect may be nice.
3 villages perched at a plateau at 1400 metres, very sunny south facing, excellent restaurants, cable cars running enabling to explore a large area, cable running up to 2700 metres high, fab lakes for swimming, excellent mountain biking , wild water rafting and at least another 30 sporty activities, no through road leading to them so very peaceful, good access for big vehicles, ( 11 hairpins)
My second home since childhood, an outdoor paradise. Have a look at their website, if you are going then give me a shout, so I can give you some tips👍, close to Merano in Italy and Samnaun in Switzerland with excellent spa facilities👍

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
What about the Romantic Road. Parts of it are lovely. Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber, Wurzburg, Fussen etc are very pretty little places.

Also Oberammergau where they hold the Passion Play (unfortunately the next one is in 2030), but still an interesting place to look around. There’s a Stellplatz attached to a campsite a short walk into town.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back